• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

List to Find People When You Are Out and About

In summary, people can use a list of people to meet new people and get shows by asking someone if they can be on the list. The person can say "Hi! Can I use you on my Scavenger Hunt? My name is ___, and I am a Pampered Chef consultant." and give their name and contact info. If the person says yes, the person will need to fill out a space on the list with their name and contact info. The person who fills out the space will then be selected to win a free Pampered Chef cookbook.
naekelsey
Gold Member
There is a list you can use to ask people when you are out and about in order to meet new people & maybe get shows. I just can't find it.

It has things like,

You are a mother
You have blonde hair
You work at a bank.
and etc.

You have the people pick what fits them and have them give you their information to do a drawing.

Does this ring any bells for anyone???

I never heard of this but would be very interested in it.

Finally found what I was looking for!! I am copying and pasting what the thread has in it...So, I think I am going to try to challenge myself to a Scavenger Hunt. This is my idea:
*Make a list of 25 people I want to meet (a college student, a pregnant woman, a person who drives a VW Bug, a redhead, a person with the same name as me, etc. etc.) and then when I meet/stand in line with someone who would be on my Scavenger Hunt list, I am going to say "Hi! Can I use you on my Scavenger Hunt? My name is ______, and I am a Pampered Chef consultant. I just recently moved to _______, and I've challenged myself to fill in my scavenger hunt list with various people to help me build my business. Would you be interested in filling in this ______space? (collect name and contact info) and then I will be holding a drawing when it is all full of everyone and the winner will receive a FREE Pampered Chef cookbook."Other ideas:*someone who hates to cook
*a man who loves to coook
*someone who needs a new car
*a waitress
*a teacher

How well does this work? I just started selling Pampered Chef last month and though I hit my $1250 and have a 4 bookings this month, I really want to expand my business and do 9 shows a month.

I feel like this would be a great way to expand my business and hit my 3/2/1 goals, but just wondering if its worked for others. :chef:

I would love to know as well how this works. I might just have to try this out and see what comes of it. :D My biggest challenge is STEPPING OUT OF MY COMFORT ZONE, this might be a fun way to do so. Thanks so much. :D

I haven't stepped out of my comfort zone yet so I can't tell you how it works. I think about it but just can't get my mouth to open!! Anyways on how to work through this? I can't seem to get past the embarrassment and I might be bugging them..

naekelsey said:
I can't seem to get past the embarrassment and I might be bugging them..

Are you proud of your business? That is the only way you can get passed it. Look at it this way... when you go into a retail store there is always an employee coming up to you asking if you need assistance. And if you do need help and someone doesn't come up and ask you, don't you get a little annoyed? Your world is your retail store. You are a customer service person providing a more than useful product to people. You will never know if they need your assistance unless you ask.

I think my problem is when I go to Walmart, I expect a Walmart person to come up to me...Or Target, I expect a Target person to come up to me...Not a PC person to come up to me. I am so afraid I will be just be bugging them. I know I just need to bite the bullet and just do it!!! And instead of working on it, I just need to do it!! Maybe I will take my middle daughter with me this weekend since she will bug me until I do it!! Lol!!

naekelsey said:
I think my problem is when I go to Walmart, I expect a Walmart person to come up to me...Or Target, I expect a Target person to come up to me...Not a PC person to come up to me. I am so afraid I will be just be bugging them.

I know I just need to bite the bullet and just do it!!! And instead of working on it, I just need to do it!!

Maybe I will take my middle daughter with me this weekend since she will bug me until I do it!! Lol!!

I have the same problem *choke*

If you let them know you're doing a challenge or scavenger hunt, I've found a lot of people will play along and listen and then actually be interested. We do this for our retreats to help break up the weekend and we always have groups coming back with bookings and even recruit leads! One lady even signed someone on the spot and almost had her come back to the retreat with them - lol! :D

naekelsey said:
I haven't stepped out of my comfort zone yet so I can't tell you how it works. I think about it but just can't get my mouth to open!! Anyways on how to work through this? I can't seem to get past the embarrassment and I might be bugging them..

I feel the EXACT same way when I am about to make calls which is primarily the reason why I have no shows on my calendar for April. I think you just have to jump in feet first and once you get a few days worth of calls under your belt, you will be breaking out of that comfort zone in no time. I'm right there with ya though.

Good luck!

I finally made a Scavenger Hunt List. Here it is. What do you think?

I am just going to have them pick one then fill out a survey slip.

Attachments

• Scavenger Hunt.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 526
LOVE THIS IDEA. I really struggle with just chatting people up outside of the show format, but I do much better when I have a reason to approach! Thank you so much! I tweaked it to match my business better, and thought I would share mine too.

Thank you again!

Attachments

• CONTACT SCAVENGER HUNT pdf.pdf
    20.5 KB · Views: 507
  • CONTACT SCAVENGER HUNT 1997-2003.doc
    37.5 KB · Views: 570
I just found this site tonight -- and I've already found a ton of great ideas on here. Fellow consultants, THANK YOU so much for being so friendly and helpful!!

Don't forget some of the obvious ones that would help jump start your business on your list:
Knows someone getting married
Knows someone needing to raise funds for a school, a group or a charity !

I love this idea! I just became a consultant and just moved to a new state so this is perfect! Thank you for sharing :)

1. How do I find potential customers when I am out and about?

There are several ways to find potential customers while you are out and about. One way is to wear a piece of Pampered Chef jewelry or carry a bag with our logo on it. This can spark a conversation with someone who may be interested in our products. Another way is to carry business cards with you and hand them out to people you meet. You can also strike up conversations with people in lines, at events, or in other public places and mention Pampered Chef. Lastly, consider hosting a booth at local events or farmers' markets to showcase our products and reach a larger audience.

2. How can I approach people without being pushy or aggressive?

The key is to be genuine and authentic when approaching people. Instead of trying to sell them something, focus on building a relationship and finding out if they have a need or interest in our products. Ask open-ended questions and listen to their responses. Share your own personal experience with Pampered Chef and let them know how our products have benefited you. This approach will make people more receptive and less likely to feel pressured.

3. How do I keep track of potential customers that I meet while I am out and about?

It's important to keep track of potential customers so you can follow up with them. You can use a notebook or a CRM system to jot down their contact information and any notes from your conversation. You can also use the Pampered Chef app to scan their contact information and add them to your contact list. Make sure to follow up with them within a few days to continue the conversation and potentially make a sale.

4. What should I do if someone is not interested in Pampered Chef when I approach them?

Not everyone will be interested in our products, and that's okay. If someone is not interested, thank them for their time and move on. You can still leave them with a business card or brochure in case they change their mind in the future. Remember, building relationships is key, and even if someone is not interested now, they may be in the future or may know someone who is.

5. Are there any specific places or events that are best for finding potential customers?

There isn't one specific place or event that is best for finding potential customers. It's important to be open and aware of opportunities wherever you go. However, some places that may be more receptive to Pampered Chef products include cooking classes, food festivals, and community events. You can also consider hosting your own parties or events to introduce people to our products in a more personal setting.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• debbieskitchenhelper
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • nichole1231
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies