• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lint Recipe?

flemings99

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2007
My Fri. host had picked the chili cornbread bake, but is celebrating lint and so are her guest. Ideas on suggestions to give her...

We don't do lint so not sure what all the requirements are.

Thanks.

RMDave

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2009
Could the elusive word be "Lent?" Just wondering.

otisbg

Advanced Member
Gold Member
May 5, 2008
I thought maybe is was dryer vent cleaning party!!
[sorry] - couldn't resist

Jennifer E

Feb 3, 2010
Doesn't it depend on what they are giving up for Lent? I don't know if there are any rules as to what they can or can't eat, unless the have given up something specific.

ChefParty4U

Feb 20, 2010
catholics aren't supposed to have any meat other than fish, so i'd just do extra beans instead of the beef, or do the veggie beef, its pretty good.

babywings76

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2008
I think those who observe Lent avoid meat. But fish is okay. That's why fish is advertised a lot during Lent.

I think if you just do a meatless recipe, you'll be okay. What I ask the host when we approach the topic of the recipe is, "Is there anyone with a dietary concern (food allergy, vegetarian, celiac disease, religious, etc.) that we need to respect?" Then I work around that. You could give them a meat free recipe and one that's whatever you like to demo and ask if either of those recipes are okay.

For this situation, you said she picked the Chipotle Chili Cornbread Bake, right? She could skip the meat and just double up on the chili beans. Add more bell peppers (maybe red and green), too. There's also "Chili" made by Hormel, (or Dinty Moore, or someone). They actual offer a meat and meat-free version, so you could try using the meat free one.

Last edited:

etteluap70PC

Legacy Member
Gold Member
May 24, 2005
Lent is no meat. Depending on how strict they are fish is allowed. You could try tofu too...

raebates

Legend Member
Staff member
Dec 6, 2005
Catholics aren't the only ones who celebrate Lent, and not everyone has a no-meat rule. Ask the host what a Lent-friendly recipe means to her/him.

Teresa Lynn

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2006
our friends 6 year old daughter told the congregation she was giving up beer for her dad for Lent.

ShelbyMichalek

Veteran Member
Dec 20, 2009
Okay just to clarify. We don't give up meat entirely during Lent. We abstain from meat on Fridays and other recognized holy days such as Ash Wednesday, Holy Thursday, etc.
We also choose to abstain from another thing in life that we deem sinful OR instead of abstaining that way, we choose to change one thing in our life for the better.
This year I'm not choosing to abstain from anything. I'm choosing to spend more quality time with my son.

And Rae is correct, there are other Christians that celebrate Lent.

DEBBI

May 25, 2007
Oh thank you dave, i thought 8 years in catholic school were a waste of time :0

susanr613

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2007
I thought "lint" was a cute name for a recipe, like dump cake or ants on a log.

Bummer!

Nanisu

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Sep 1, 2005
My dryer has the perfect recipe for lint...take 3 socks and lose them for about a year...as they gently break down with consistent use of the dryer...voila! Lint!

chefann

Legend Member
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2005
Be advised that some Catholics are under the impression that the "no meat on lenten Fridays" rule means only "no red meat." My aunt insists that poultry is OK because meat comes from animals with 4 legs, not 2. :rolleyes:

But I agree with the above suggestion that you check with your host to see what she considers lent-friendly. Or do something that's generally meatless but also avoids rich or indulgent foods (for those who give up such things, like chocolate and dessert). The Creamy One Pot Pasta is actually a great such recipe, since it's meatless, but you can tell the guests that they can add chicken or shrimp when they make it at home.

raebates

Legend Member
Staff member
Dec 6, 2005
My dryer has the perfect recipe for lint...take 3 socks and lose them for about a year...as they gently break down with consistent use of the dryer...voila! Lint!

Now that's funny.

doughmama

Advanced Member
Silver Member
Aug 10, 2008
spinach- artichoke braid is a good choice.

flemings99

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2007
Glad I provided everyone a nice laugh with the lint, I mean lent. :)

Show is this evening and host went with 3 cheese garden pizza.

As always, thanks for all the responses.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Doraine
Replies
Views
chefashleigh
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies
Views