• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Email: Linking to Website Homepage Only

The email says that we can only link to our homepage and not to the other pages on our website. This is causing some people to have trouble with the electronic invitations.
ChefSandyK
Did you all see the new email saying we can only link to our website's homepage? I wonder why that happened? I usually have links to various sections on my site in my newsletter (monthly recipes, etc). I guess that won't be happening anymore.... :(

Email to the companyOkay...so I am really bothered by this. (Perhaps I need a hobby?) In any case, here's the email I sent to the HO. Does this make sense to anyone other than me?

I was wondering why there will be a change disabling links to our personal websites other than our homepage? I often include recipes, tips, etc in my monthly newsletter. The beginnings of these pieces are in my newsletter, with the full articles contained in the "news" portion of my site. With the new change, I will no longer be able to link to this portion of my site, if I understand correctly. I don't understand why this type of activity is in vioation of the terms of agreement. I am not adverstising on another website. I am sending monthly newsletters to my clients in hopes of providing good customer service...a goal I know TPC supports. By linking to the tips/recipes/etc page directly, the customer knows I am trying to provide added value to them. I am afraid linking only to my homepage gives the impression the only purpose of my newsletter is to try to sell them something. I hope you will reconsider your decision.

Thank you for your consideration,
Sandra Kortjohn

Maybe it's because I'm not as computer-literate as some, but I don't understand why this change has been made. I don't link separate sections of my websites in anything (I really wouldn't know how to do that anyway). I'm not sure why this has become a problem. My only thought is because (as has been discussed on other threads on here before) there are some people advertising on the internet that maybe shouldn't be (if they're not at the appropriate upper level director status). I have clicked on advertising links before that go directly to the products page of a website, not the person's homepage. Maybe this is why? If someone is more familiar with computers and how this all works and has any feedback, I'd love to hear it. That way I think I'd understand the issue better. Thanks!

I would love a clearer explanation as well. Not quit sure what links people would be using.

The other links that is being discussed are the different pages on your website. The News, Calendar, Host Area, Product page, etc., etc. You can provide a link to the homepage which is the front page of your website or you can provide a link to a certain page, such as the News page. HO is saying that they will no longer allow you to provide clickable links to your homepage and not to your News or Product pages.

The way you do this is to copy the info in the address bar on your web browser and paste it to your newsletter. Example:

Check out my News page on my website for more info
http://www.pamperedchef.biz/donnahurst?page=news

Of course they've already put a stop to it so clicking it will only give you an error message.

This won't be allowed anymore I think because it eats up server speed by going to a specific page of a website instead of the sites homepage! With so many of us having websites if we all linked to a specific page then the websites would not as fast as they could.

links in online invitations?I read somewhere that some consultants were having problems with the electronic invitations in Consultants Corner. Apparently, some of these have links to the "product" page -- which no longer works. It would be embarrassing to send guests an e-postcard with a dead link. I haven't used this system in a while, so I'll have to go check it out. Has anyone had problems with this?

1. How do I create a hyperlink to my website homepage in my email signature?

To create a hyperlink to your website homepage in your email signature, follow these steps:
1. Open your email signature editor.
2. Type in the text or image you want to use as the hyperlink.
3. Highlight the text or image and click on the "Insert Link" button.
4. In the URL field, enter the web address of your homepage.
5. Click "Save" to save your changes and the hyperlink will be created.

2. Can I link to a specific page on my website instead of just the homepage?

Yes, you can link to a specific page on your website instead of just the homepage. When inserting the link, simply enter the URL of the page you want to link to in the URL field. This will create a hyperlink to that specific page in your email signature.

3. How do I make sure the hyperlink opens in a new tab instead of the same tab?

To make sure the hyperlink opens in a new tab, follow these steps:
1. Open your email signature editor.
2. Create the hyperlink using the steps mentioned above.
3. Click on the "Edit" button next to the hyperlink.
4. In the "Target" section, select "New Window (_blank)" from the drop-down menu.
5. Click "Save" to save your changes and the hyperlink will now open in a new tab.

4. Is it possible to change the appearance of the hyperlink in my email signature?

Yes, you can change the appearance of the hyperlink in your email signature. Most email signature editors have options to change the font, size, and color of the hyperlink. Some also allow you to change the style, such as making it bold or underlined.

5. Can I add multiple hyperlinks to my email signature?

Yes, you can add multiple hyperlinks to your email signature. Simply follow the steps mentioned above for each hyperlink you want to add. However, we recommend keeping the number of hyperlinks to a minimum to avoid clutter and make your signature visually appealing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PampChefJoy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
hperschnick
  • Cindycooks
  • General Chat
Replies