• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lime and Cucumber Demo: Tips for Serving and Preparing at Your Shows

or you could use a juicer.The "did you know" cards mentioned in this show outline are:-The food chopper-The crinkle cutter-The cutter for cheese-The batter bowl-The juicer
Hi,

For those of you that do the lime/cucumber demo at your shows, do you also demo the recipe or make it ahead of time? Also, if you make it ahead of time, do you serve at the beginning of the demo or after?

Thanks,

The one I did. I made the recipes ahead of time, and served the food before the demostration started. It closed at a $700 show, I showed alot more tools with the lime and cucumber demo then I would have with the recipe.

Thanks and you felt that people weren't distracted with the food, while you did your demo? Did they also have their folder?

I didn't think they were distracted with the food but they were all family and friends. I gave everyone a lapboard when they got there, plus I did a few doorprize drawings through out the demo, maybe that's what kept their attention. I also make jokes through my demos.

I kept the food really simple garden ranch pizzas, one with chicken and one without, and the berries and cream brownie squares

What is this Lime/Cucumber demo you all are talking about? Is there a thread about it somewhere? I wasn't able to be on this site for almost two months and I feel like I have missed so much.

Jennifer,
Instead of demoing a recipe, you demo just a lime and a cucumber with lost of different tools. There is even one called the amazing potato.
Try doing a search in the files section they should come up.

Thanks!!I had heard of the potato one but that is it. I will do a search on it!

Can someone direct me to where I can find the lime and cucumber demo outline, and also the amazing potato outline. And what type of recipe did you make for the guests to enjoy while you were doing the demo. I feel the demo would be a lot easier for me versus having to make an actual recipe for them to enjoy after I was done.

Thanks,

Cheryl

DemoI have been in the business for 15 years and have hardly ever cooked in front of my guests. I demo products with demonstration food such as a carrot, lemon, cucumber, green pepper, garlic clove, potato, etc.

I have a show average of over $700 and have had for a long time. It works great because you can talk about alot more of the products if your not trying to cook and talk.

I arrive 1 hour before the show and make two recipes in the kitchen and serve them as they are ready to eat during my show. It works great-I would never do it any other way!!

My guest comment on how they love it because all the other shows they go to they have to watch the consultant cook and then they eat late.

I encourage you to try it!

Thanks Ann for the link - I MUST try this!!!

Dee Dee said:
I have been in the business for 15 years and have hardly ever cooked in front of my guests. I demo products with demonstration food such as a carrot, lemon, cucumber, green pepper, garlic clove, potato, etc.

I have a show average of over $700 and have had for a long time. It works great because you can talk about alot more of the products if your not trying to cook and talk.

I arrive 1 hour before the show and make two recipes in the kitchen and serve them as they are ready to eat during my show. It works great-I would never do it any other way!!

My guest comment on how they love it because all the other shows they go to they have to watch the consultant cook and then they eat late.

I encourage you to try it!

What products do you use with the carrot and green pepper?

That sounds like a great idea. Especially when you have to keep going back to your recipe while you are trying to talk at the same time. Excellent idea I think I will definely do this. I always feel like I'll forget an ingrediant and the recipe will be awful. Thanks for that tip.

For someone who is newOkay this demo seems easy enough, but what do you recommend for someone who just has the starter kit products?

Thanks,
Cheryl

you can still use the lime and cucumber

cooks corer/ would work you can "de-seed" the cucumber
Utility knife / to cut
cutting board
lemon zester and scorer / zest lime score cucumber
deluxe cheese grater/ grate potato or cucumber
crinkle cutter
food chopper
batter bowl (think Rachael Ray)

You could also roll your lime on the counter for about 30 seconds, then cut it in half and juice it by hand into the measure all cup.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for posting the link Brooke! I have been searching...

1. How do you prepare the cucumber for the demo?

To prepare the cucumber for the demo, wash it thoroughly and then peel off the skin using a vegetable peeler. Next, slice the cucumber into thin rounds or use a spiralizer to make cucumber noodles.

2. Can you use any type of lime for this demo?

Yes, you can use any type of lime for this demo. However, key limes are typically smaller and more flavorful, while Persian limes are larger and more commonly found in grocery stores.

3. How do you keep the cucumber from getting soggy?

To prevent the cucumber from getting soggy, make sure to pat it dry with a paper towel after slicing. You can also sprinkle a pinch of salt on the cucumber slices to draw out excess moisture.

4. What are some creative ways to serve the lime and cucumber at a party?

There are many creative ways to serve the lime and cucumber at a party. Some ideas include using cucumber slices as a base for bruschetta, making cucumber boats filled with a lime-infused avocado spread, or using cucumber rounds as a healthy alternative to crackers for dips and spreads.

5. Can you recommend any additional products that pair well with the lime and cucumber?

Absolutely! The lime and cucumber pair well with many other Pampered Chef products, such as the Quick Slice, the Flexible Cutting Mat, and the Citrus Press. You can also use them in recipes that call for the Microplane Zester or the Garlic Press.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• CookingCarrie
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
pamperedgirl3
  • stefani2
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies