• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Lime Berry Mousse Trifle for Your Mexican Themed Party

I was searching for a recipe so I'm glad that was mentioned also. I think I'll go with the angel food, pudding, and fruit like DebbieJ mentioned.In summary, it is suggested to make a dessert to take to the show along with the Mexican Chicken Lasagna dish. The Lime Berry Mousse Trifle was initially considered, but it is expensive and gets soupy when left overnight. Suggestions for alternative trifles include using angel food cake, pudding, and fruit, or making a Chocolate PB Trifle with brownies, peanut butter, chocolate pudding, and chopped peanut butter cups. It is also recommended to have a second dish prepared ahead of time, such as the 3 ingredient cake, to impress guests
JenniK
I'm doing the Mexican Chicken Lasagna at a show on Tuesday night and I was thinking that a dessert would be nice to take (since it looks like it's going to be a large show). I've seen post for the Lime Berry Mousse Trifle and thought that would be a good addition to the Mexican Theme or at least taste good with a margarita. :)

Can I make this the night before? Any tips on the recipe? I won't have time to test it before the show.

Or does anyone else have any suggestions for something I can either make that day during my lunch break or the night before? I like the trifle idea because it a beautiful piece and I think a could sell a few if I brought it with me.

Thanks,
Jenni

If you have the fluted stone, I would recommend a flip cake. If not, then usually trifles taste better if they are allowed to settle for a few hours, so making it ahead is a good idea.

I made this at my last show. I only worry about doing the trife ahead since it has the sherbet in it. Not sure if it would get too soupy in the fridge.
It is Yummy and everyone loved it.

I don't think the Lime Berry Mousse Trifle is a good choice. It is EXPENSIVE to make. you can still do a trifle, but just a simpler one. I often just layer angel food cake, vanilla pudding, and strawberries. Top it off with some cool whip using the EAD and it looks great.

DebbieJ said:
I don't think the Lime Berry Mousse Trifle is a good choice. It is EXPENSIVE to make.

you can still do a trifle, but just a simpler one. I often just layer angel food cake, vanilla pudding, and strawberries. Top it off with some cool whip using the EAD and it looks great.

And the Lime Berry Mousse Trifle is one that gets soupy after it sits. It's not my favorite. Like Deb said - there are a lot of really great, easy trifle recipes that are much less expensive to make. The LBMTrifle is one of the more complicated ones, and IMO, not worth the extra time or expense.

Why are you worried about taking a 2nd recipe?

I would consider making the Gingertini's (optional vodka). It's quick and you can show a lot of tools if you want, plus the drink would go well with the Mexican dish.

I have made this twice: Once as a demo....and I did not care for it as a demo. But it was soooo good that I decided to take it as my dessert (I always provide dessert) to yesterdays show. I do NOT recommend letting this one sit. I made it at 9am and the show was at 4pm. It was gross. The pound cake was yuck after soaking up the sherbert.

All in all, it is yummy!!! But I don't like it for shows. If you have the time to make it before you leave the house, it would be fine but not any earlier. It is one of the more expensive trifles.

Try the Chocolate PB Trifle: Brownies; Filling: 1 c PB (softened in microwave for 30s, stir, let sit for moment) 3 c milk, 2 small boxes of chocolate pudding---Mix together; Cool whip; about 12-14 PB cups chuncked up; LAYER. YUMMO!

If I take a second recipe, it is always the 3 ingredient cake .... In this to make money, not spend it! 3 ingredient cake is good, impressive and inexpensive!

Thank you all for your suggestions! I'm glad I asked b/c it doesn't look like it will be good for the show at all. I wasn't thinking of costs when I was searching for a recipe so I'm glad that was mentioned also. I think I'll go with the angel food, pudding, and fruit like DebbieJ mentioned. I think I'll have to look into getting the fluted stoneware so I can try those three ingredient cakes.... right up my alley.

I always try to do a second dish that is prepared ahead of time (usually dessert). I remember when I was just a guest at the shows and I was always disappointed when the consultant only gave me a sliver of the food that was made during the show and I walked away starving at 9:30 on a weeknight.... I was much more inclinded to spend more when the consultant gave more, so it's something that I do for all my larger shows.

JenniK said:
Thank you all for your suggestions! I'm glad I asked b/c it doesn't look like it will be good for the show at all. I wasn't thinking of costs when I was searching for a recipe so I'm glad that was mentioned also. I think I'll go with the angel food, pudding, and fruit like DebbieJ mentioned. I think I'll have to look into getting the fluted stoneware so I can try those three ingredient cakes.... right up my alley.

I always try to do a second dish that is prepared ahead of time (usually dessert). I remember when I was just a guest at the shows and I was always disappointed when the consultant only gave me a sliver of the food that was made during the show and I walked away starving at 9:30 on a weeknight.... I was much more inclinded to spend more when the consultant gave more, so it's something that I do for all my larger shows.

I always try to make sure that there is going to be enough of the demo recipe for the number of people at the show... but as far as anything else, I suggest to the host that she might want to serve an appetizer or a salad that goes with or something. I'm with whoever said that they're in this to make money not spend it. I am always willing to make a quick dessert as long as the host wants to buy the ingredients. PC gives an extra $15 in free product value for the kitchen shows to cover the cost of the ingredients, and the hosts usually get a lot more than that. I figure that PC has great host benefits, I never feel the need to give anything extra. I do usually give a Season's Best to the host, but that's about as far as it goes. And I never offer to bring extra food. I don't feel that it makes me look bad if the host doesn't serve enough food, that is the hosts job, not mine... Just my opinion.

1. What is the main ingredient in the Lime Berry Mousse Trifle?

The main ingredient in this delicious dessert is lime curd, which gives it a tangy and refreshing flavor.

2. Can I use frozen berries instead of fresh ones?

Yes, you can use frozen berries for this recipe. Just make sure to thaw them before using and drain any excess liquid.

3. How long does it take to make this trifle?

The total time for this recipe is about 30 minutes, but it will need to chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.

4. Can I make this trifle ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the trifle a day in advance and store it in the fridge. Just make sure to add the whipped cream and toppings right before serving.

5. Can I substitute the pound cake for a different type of cake?

Yes, you can use any type of cake you prefer for this trifle. Angel food cake or sponge cake would work well too.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tara1021
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • JennLizFran
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • Suzyengl