• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Make-Ahead Lime-Berry Mousse Trifle: Season's Best Recipe

In summary, to make the Lime-Berry Mousse Trifle, you will need 1 package of white cake mix, 1/2 cup of lime juice, 1/4 cup of water, 1/4 cup of vegetable oil, 3 eggs, 1 package of lime-flavored gelatin mix, 1 cup of boiling water, 1/2 cup of cold water, 1 container of frozen whipped topping, 1 pint of fresh strawberries, and 1 pint of fresh blueberries. You can use a different type of cake mix, but we recommend using white for the best results. The total time to make the trifle is 2 hours and 30 minutes, with a 30-minute preparation time
chefinbiz
Hi,
Does anyone know if the new trifle recipe in the season's best book can be made in advance? Or is it to made and eaten while the sherbet is still semi-frozen? I have been making trifles and been bringing them prepared to my shows, but I am not sure about this one- if I make it in advance the sherbet will melt and soak the pound cake- I don't know if that is the intention or not. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Nancy

Personally I think it's yummiest about an hour later -- i think the sherbet is meant to melt into the cake and make it all yummy-like.

I made this recipe the other day, and took it into work the next morning, for everyone to sample. It was delicious and everyone loved it. I haven't made it at a show yet but actually was wondering the opposite......how is it to eat right after you make it? I thought trifles were usually best to make ahead?

1. What ingredients do I need to make the Lime-Berry Mousse Trifle?

To make the Lime-Berry Mousse Trifle, you will need: 1 package of white cake mix, 1/2 cup of lime juice, 1/4 cup of water, 1/4 cup of vegetable oil, 3 eggs, 1 package of lime-flavored gelatin mix, 1 cup of boiling water, 1/2 cup of cold water, 1 container of frozen whipped topping, 1 pint of fresh strawberries, and 1 pint of fresh blueberries.

2. Can I use a different type of cake mix for this trifle?

Yes, you can use a different type of cake mix for this trifle. However, the flavor may vary depending on the type of cake mix you use. We recommend using a white cake mix for the best results.

3. How long does it take to make the Lime-Berry Mousse Trifle?

The total time to make the Lime-Berry Mousse Trifle is about 2 hours and 30 minutes. This includes preparation time of 30 minutes and refrigeration time of 2 hours.

4. Can I make this trifle ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this trifle ahead of time. The trifle can be refrigerated for up to 24 hours before serving. We recommend adding the whipped topping and fresh berries right before serving for the best presentation.

5. How many servings does this recipe make?

This recipe makes approximately 12 servings. However, it can be easily doubled to serve a larger crowd if needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tara1021
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • rebeccastt
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies