• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Low-Cal Recipes for Fundraiser Demo at Curves? Any Suggestions?

In summary, Kristilite recipes recommend preparing a roasted garlic and red pepper dip with pita chips.
Brandy Gail
I NEED HELP!! I just started PC last month and I am doing a fundraiser for Relay For Life at a Curves For Women on May 16 & May 18. I am going to Demo a few cold recipes but I need some ideas for low calorie appetizers and drinks. Maybe something Pink to drink. Does anyone have any good recipes
Thanks

Here is a couple that I have:

Strawberry Lemonade Quencher
10 cups cold water
3/4 cup sugar
1 can (10 ounces) frozen non-alcoholic strawberry daiquiri mix, thawed
Whole strawberries (optional)
1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (4 to 5 large lemons)

Directions:
Place all ingredients except strawberries in Family-Size Quick-Stir Pitcher. Plunge until contents are thoroughly mixed. Garnish each glass with a strawberry, if desired. Serve chilled.

Yield: 12 (1-cup) servings.
Nutrients per serving: Calories 120, Total Fat 0 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 31 g, Protein 0 g, Sodium 5 mg, Fiber 0 g

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Strawberry Slush
1 package (16 ounces) frozen strawberries in sugar, thawed and mashed
1 can (12 ounces) frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
1 teaspoon lime zest
2 tablespoons lime juice
1/2 cup water
1 quart (4 cups) lemon-lime flavored carbonated soda, chilled

Directions:
Place thawed strawberries in Classic 2 -Qt. Batter Bowl; mash with Nylon Masher. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Divide mixture evenly among three Ice Shaver tubs; freeze until firm. Remove frozen mixture from one tub. Shave ice mixture into Chillzanne Mini-Bowl using Ice Shaver. Place shaved ice and about 1/3 of the soda into Quick-Stir Pitcher. Plunge to mix ingredients. Repeat with the remaining two tubs of ice mixture and soda. Pour into glasses and serve immediately.

Yield: 9 servings or 14 sample servings

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Strawberry Spinach Salad
(Casual Cooking cookbook, pg 40)

Dressing
1 lemon
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
⅓ Cup sugar
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon poppy seeds
Salad
¼ cup sliced natural almonds, toasted
8 ounces (1½ cups) strawberries, hulled and quartered
½ medium cucumber, sliced and cut in half
¼ small red onion, sliced into thin wedges (¼ cup)
1 package (6 ounces) baby spinach

Directions:
For dressing, zest lemon using Lemon Zester/Scorer to measure ½ teaspoon zest. Juice lemon using Juicer to measure 2 tablespoons juice. Combine zest, juice, vinegar, sugar, oil and poppy seeds in Small Batter Bowl. Whisk until well blended using Mini-Whipper. Cover; refrigerate until ready to use.

Preheat oven to 350°F. For salad, spread almonds in single layer over bottom of Small Bar Pan. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove from oven; cool almonds in bar pan.
Meanwhile, hull strawberries using Cook’s Corer; cut strawberries into quarters.

Score cucumber lengthwise using Lemon Zester/Scorer; remove seeds using The Corer. Using Ultimate Slice & Grate fitted with v-shaped blade, slice cucumber; cut slices in half. Slice onion into thin wedges.

Place spinach in large serving bowl; add strawberries, cucumber and onion. Whisk dressing; pour over salad, gently tossing to coat using 3-Way Tongs. Sprinkle with almonds. Serve immediately.

Yield: 10 servings

Nutrients per serving (1 cup): Calories 70, Total Fat 3 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 10 g, Protein 1 g, Sodium 15 mg, Fiber 1 g

Diabetic exchanges per serving: ½ starch, ½ fat (½ carb)

Hope these help!!
Kristi

lite recipesI got these from this website:

Berries & Cream Cups
24 wonton wrappers
1 tbsp. Butter, melted or spray- butter flavored Pam
Sugar
8 oz low fat Strawberry yogurt
12 oz low fat whipped topping
Raspberries
Blueberries
Powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 350° F. Using Pastry Brush, brush one side of each wonton wrapper with melted butter. Sprinkle wontons evenly with sugar using Flour/Sugar Shaker. Press each wonton, sugared side up, into cups of Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan. Bake 6-8 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Remove wontons from pan to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool completely.

Place yogurt in Small Batter Bowl; fold in 1 cup of the whipped topping. Attach closed star tip to Easy Accent Decorator; fill with remaining whipped topping.

Using Small Scoop, scoop yogurt mixture into each wonton. Top each wonton with one raspberry and two blueberries. Garnish with whipped topping; sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve immediately.

Roasted Garlic & Red Pepper Dip with Pita Chips (It’s Good for You Cookbook)
2 whole heads garlic, unpeeled
1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch wedges
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 package (8 ounce) fat-free cream cheese softened
1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon Pantry Rosemary Herb Seasoning Mix
Rosemary Pita Chips (optional
Directions:
Preheat oven to 425°F. Slice about 1/4 inch from top of each garlic head to expose garlic cloves. Place in center of Deep Dish Baker; surround with bell pepper wedges. Spray garlic and bell pepper with olive oil using Kitchen Spritzer; cover with aluminum foil. Bake 40-45 minutes or until garlic is soft; cool completely.

Place cream cheese in Small Batter Bowl; microwave on HIGH 30 seconds until softened. Whisk vigorously until smooth using Stainless Steel Whisk.

Remove skin from bell pepper; finely chop using Food Chopper. Squeeze garlic cloves from papery skin into batter bowl. Add bell pepper, sour cream, lemon juice and seasoning mix; mix well. Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour to allow flavors to blend. Serve with Rosemary Pita Chips, if desired.

The Berries and Cream Cups are SO GOOD! I love them and they are light. Let us know what you decide to make and how it goes.

Thanks so much for the recipes they sound great! I will definately try some of them and I will let you know how it goes
Thanks

I've done tables at Curves tooHi there! I've done a table at two Curves in my area and it's gone really well (I have about $375 in orders to make into a fundraiser!). I didn't even have a recipe, but I may think about doing the "Berries and Cream" for the next one I'm doing on the 16th. Good light idea! I did do a small drawing, which was nice. I raffled off a Farmer's Market Seasoning Set and an i-Slice, along with a free kitchen show. From two shifts at Curves, I so far have TWO kitchen shows (one was the winner of a drawing) and two catalog shows that I've booked in the next two months. I'm quite happy with that, considering I didn't pay any $ to do this. I just called area Curves to ask them if I could do this for "Help Whip Cancer."

Info on curvesBecky, I too have curves in my area and have thought about contacting them to leave a catalog, how did you aproach them on having a show. I would love your input. This is my first starter month so I am looking for ways to boost my business.
Thanks in advance
Alison Cimini
Michigan :)

I called them and explained I'm a PC Consultant and that I had once done a table at a different Curves location before the holidays (which I had because I met a woman who owned a Curves at a party and she just offered me the oppty to do that if I wanted-wasn't that nice!?), but that I was hoping to do one in May because of HWC. Then I explained how there are the various products and that $1 from each of those is donated and I was putting all orders together as a fundraiser as well, so there was the charitable aspect to it. I didn't do any demos or anything (although at the next one, I may bring a recipe already prepared), but set up a small display on a card table with the HWC products and a handful of the new products (mostly the small ones that could fit on the woven selections rectangle server with the citrus colored towel underneath). It was probably the least amount of products I've ever displayed at something like that. But, it's been so worth it! Then I had the HWC guest special flyer displayed in a stand up acrylic thing and a couple of the kids-related products. I called 3 Curves and the only one that didn't let me do it was one who had a member who was a PC consultant. So, those aren't bad results! One even let me come back a 2nd time at a different time of the day to catch different people. That's the one I'll bring a recipe to. I even tried other "Curves" type concepts and a local health club through a hospital, but didn't have as good of luck through them. Good luck! It's really worth a try to do it. I know some grocery stores let girl scouts set up tables during cookie time, but I haven't had a chance to ask my local stores about that. I guess it's because I'm assuming they probably won't agree to it. But I shouldn't assume anything!

Bottom line is I think it REALLY helps that it's HWC month. People are more likely to support that. My hope is, now that I"ve built relationships with those owners I can do it year after year in May. And maybe around the holidays too. HOpe that helps.

How about Weight Watchers?I've just joined WW and was wondering how to approach doing a show for the group? I was thinking about demoing some of their recipes instead of ours, or maybe adapting some of ours. I also thought I'd do something like the balloon pop for booking shows but not only offering our products but also maybe a weeks membership fee? Any ideas?

PCnVA

There are links of here with the Weight Watchers Points. Do a search and you will get documents you can download.

fundraiser or just a showdo you do it as a fundraiser for curves or do you just do a show, i just went and talked to a curves and they sounded really excited but we are not sure of how to do it

I did neither really. I just set up a table with a display and talked to people about products who asked questions. I think it would be hard to pinpoint an exact time to do a demo or something like that. Unless you had potatoes or something you could continually demo. I think it's worth a show. You COULD promote an actual show at their Curves location if they're that excited about it. Maybe plan it for right after they close some night (if the owner will allow it) and be sure to post flyers on the days leading up to it. Maybe people would just come in for that. There are plenty of no-bake or microwave only recipes you could do as a demo. Good luck! I say go for it because one of my consultants was a contact I made at one of the Curves! She won my drawing of a few small products and a free kitchen show. She had the kitchen show and signed up shortly thereafter. You just never know where these things may lead! :)

What types of light recipes are available for fundraisers?

We offer a variety of light recipes for fundraisers, including dishes that are low in calories, fat, and sugar. Some popular options include salads, vegetable dishes, and lean protein entrees.

Can these light recipes be customized for dietary restrictions?

Yes, our light recipes can be customized to accommodate dietary restrictions such as gluten-free, vegetarian, and dairy-free. Please let us know about any specific dietary needs when placing your order.

Are these light recipes still flavorful and satisfying?

Absolutely! Our light recipes are carefully crafted to ensure they are both delicious and fulfilling. We use high-quality ingredients and flavorful spices to create dishes that are healthy and satisfying.

Can we sample the light recipes before placing a fundraiser order?

Yes, we understand the importance of trying before buying. We offer sample tastings of our light recipes for fundraisers upon request. Please contact us to schedule a tasting.

What is the cost of the light recipes for fundraisers?

The cost of our light recipes varies depending on the dish and the quantity ordered. Please contact us for a personalized quote based on your specific fundraising needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mgranich
  • PamperedChefLayla
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies