• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Light Recipes for a Show: Ask Barbara for Ideas!

In summary, when choosing light recipes for a Pampered Chef show, you can use a variety of ingredients such as lean proteins, fresh vegetables, whole grains, and low-fat dairy products. It is important to consider any dietary restrictions your guests may have, and have a few options available to accommodate them. For light appetizers, you can try serving vegetable or fruit platters with yogurt dips, baked chicken or vegetable skewers, or mini quiches. To ensure the recipes are still flavorful and satisfying, use high-quality, fresh ingredients and experiment with different herbs, spices, and textures. And yes, you can make substitutions in the recipes to fit your personal preferences, just be mindful of potential changes in cooking time or necessary adjustments to other
k1tchng0ddess
Hi,
I have a show coming up and the host has requested a light recipe. I am a fairly new consultant and do not have the light recipe book yet. Can anyone share some good recipes that they've done at shows that people will enjoy?
Thanks,
Barbara

here are a few... if you come up with a specific ingredient or type of recipe (dessert/appetizer) I may have a few more..

Attachments

• Antipasto Salad Bowl.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 253
  • Apple Cranberry & Almond Twist.doc
    26 KB · Views: 233
  • VEGETARIANRECIPES.doc
    194.5 KB · Views: 344
  • lightandsimpletipsheet.pdf
    94.3 KB · Views: 320
what is a bread bowl that your put the dough onto to bake (to make the bowl for the antipasta salad?)

You can lighten up alot of our recipes.

For example... use whole wheat pasta for the pasta in the 1 pot pasta or chicken satay.
You 1/3 less fat or fat free cream cheese
Ditto for sour cream
Use Splendia in place of sugar in any of our salad dressing recipes. The salad recipe in the salad cookbook with the berries is amazing and the dressing is easy to do.
Use fat free condensed milk in place of half+half or heavy cream.
A trifle with angel food cake, sugar free pudding, low fat or fat free cool whip and fresh berries.

There is the diet soda cake.. add 1 can diet soda to a box cake mix (that's it, no oil, egg, etc, just diet pop) and bake. I am thinking this might be fun to do the in fluted stone, then garnish with berries, or drizzle with chocolate.

I am soooo hungry!!!! We are on our way out to dinner. Hopefully when I get back, CC will be up and HO will be accepting shows.

Thanks everyone, for the great suggestions. Any others???

1. What types of ingredients can I use in light recipes for a Pampered Chef show?

You can use a variety of ingredients in light recipes for a Pampered Chef show. Some popular options include lean proteins such as chicken or fish, fresh vegetables, whole grains, and low-fat dairy products. You can also incorporate flavorful herbs and spices to add taste without extra calories.

2. Are there any specific dietary restrictions that should be considered when choosing light recipes?

Yes, it is important to consider any dietary restrictions your guests may have when selecting light recipes for a Pampered Chef show. Common restrictions include gluten-free, vegetarian, and vegan diets. It is always best to have a few options available to accommodate different dietary needs.

3. Can you provide some ideas for light appetizers to serve at a Pampered Chef show?

Some ideas for light appetizers to serve at a Pampered Chef show include vegetable or fruit platters with dips made from Greek yogurt, baked chicken or vegetable skewers, and bruschetta made with whole grain bread and fresh tomatoes. You can also try making mini quiches or hummus with fresh vegetables for dipping.

4. How can I make sure the light recipes I choose are still flavorful and satisfying?

One way to ensure your light recipes are still flavorful and satisfying is to use high-quality, fresh ingredients. You can also experiment with different herbs, spices, and marinades to add flavor without extra calories. Additionally, incorporating a variety of textures, such as crunchy vegetables or tender proteins, can make a dish more satisfying.

5. Can I make substitutions in the light recipes to fit my personal preferences?

Yes, you can make substitutions in the light recipes to fit your personal preferences. For example, if a recipe calls for a certain type of protein but you prefer a different one, you can easily make that swap. Just be mindful of any potential changes in cooking time or necessary adjustments to other ingredients.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leftymac
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies
Views
ritabenson
  • elizabethfox
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies