• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Light and Easy Lunch Recipes + Dessert Ideas

Directions: In Classic Batter Bowl, combine tuna, onion, mayonnaise and dill mix; mix well. Using 2-inch Biscuit Cutter, cut bread into rounds. (Reserve remaining bread for another use.) To assemble sandwiches, arrange 8 bread rounds on "work surface." Using Small Scoop, place 1 scoop tuna salad on each bread round. Top each with 1 lettuce leaf and 1 tomato slice. Top with remaining bread rounds. Yield: 8 servings In summary, the conversation is about someone looking for light and easy recipes for a bridal shower. They mention wanting to make the Chicken Club
jenab1013
Can anyone help me - I'm looking for some light and easy recipes that are really good. Something that would be made for lunch maybe. I know I'm going to do the Chicken Club Ring just not sure what else. Oh....desserts too! Thanks to ton!!

Do you have the "It's Good For You Cookbook"? If not I will go through it and find you something. I have been doing some researching myself for a Weight Watchers show. I found one for little cheesecakes in the mini muffin pan that was only 1 point each!!!! If you don't know about WW, that is really good!

Last Saturday afternoon, I did a Light and simple show, and made the Italian Pasta Stirfry, to show the cookware, and made the Berries & Cream Won-tons- both were HITS!!!!!! I had a $1060+ show, still open,

cookbookNo, I do not have that cookbook. That would be great if you could help me with some recipes. I'm actually doing this for a Bridal Show. I was going to go with a brunch type show but the bride really wants something more like a "light lunch". I'm going to make the recipes before the show actually starts. Any recipes would be great - I know I would love the cheesecake recipe you mentioned.

Great ShowMRSSYVO - WOW!! Congrats on a great show. I envy you!! I would love to have a show turn out that great!

jenab1013 said:
Can anyone help me - I'm looking for some light and easy recipes that are really good. Something that would be made for lunch maybe. I know I'm going to do the Chicken Club Ring just not sure what else. Oh....desserts too! Thanks to ton!!

How soon do you need these? I'm not feeling real good at the moment (running a fever) and was wondering if I could do it tomorrow. I babysit, so I am always getting sick!

RecipeJust whenever. I hope you feel better!!! :)

Still looking...I'm still looking for some light and easy recipes for a Bridal Shower - recipes that will be good for lunch. I also need a couple dessert ideas - other than cake. I'm going to make the chicken club or the taco ring since they are pretty easy to make. I'm also going to make the dips out of the farmers market seasoning set with chips. Still need other ideas. There are 40 invites going out so there will be a good crowd.

Hey, I'm feeling better and was going to start working on this for you today. I thought I would type up the recipes in a Word file and just put it on as an attachment.

RecipeGot this from this site and it was mentioned in another post above :D

Berries & Cream Wonton Cups
(It’s Good for You Cookbook)
24 square wonton wrappers
1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 container (8 ounces) low-fat strawberry yogurt
1 1/2 cups thawed, frozen whipped topping, divided
1 cup raspberries
1/2 cup blueberries
2 teaspoons powdered sugar

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350° F. Using Pastry Brush, brush one side of each wonton wrapper with melted butter. Sprinkle wontons evenly with sugar using Flour/Sugar Shaker. Press each wonton, sugared side up, into cups of Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan. Bake 6-8 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Remove wontons from pan to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool completely.

Place yogurt in Small Batter Bowl; fold in 1 cup of the whipped topping. Attach closed star tip to Easy Accent Decorator; fill with remaining whipped topping.

Using Small Scoop, scoop yogurt mixture into each wonton. Top each wonton with one raspberry and two blueberries. Garnish with whipped topping; sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve immediately

More recipes...Almond Raspberry Cookies

Ingredients:
1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1 cup blanched slivered almonds, chopped
1 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 cup red raspberry preserves
2/3 cup powdered sugar
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°F. Place cookie dough in Classic Batter Bowl. Chop almonds very finely with Food Chopper. Add almonds and almond extract to dough; mix well.
Using Small Scoop, drop dough 2 inches apart on flat Baking Stone. Press lightly floured finger in center of dough to make indentations. Fill indentations with about 1/2 teaspoon raspberry preserves.
Bake 15-18 minutes or until cookies are light golden brown. Place Parchment Paper under Stackable Cooling Rack. Remove cookies from baking stone to cooling rack. Cool; sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Yield: About 4 dozen cookies

Dilly Tuna Salad Pockets

Ingredients:
1 can (3.5 ounces) tuna, well drained
2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon Pantry All-Purpose Dill Mix
16 slices fresh, soft wheat bread
Directions:
In Small Batter Bowl, combine tuna, onion, mayonnaise and All-Purpose Dill Mix.
Using Small Scoop, place 1 scoop (1 tablespoon) tuna mixture in center of 8 slices of bread, spreading slightly. Top with remaining bread slices. Center Cut-N-Seal™ over bread; cut and seal.
Yield: 8 pockets

Cook’s Tips: Substitute 1 teaspoon dried dill weed for All-Purpose Dill Mix, if desired.

Mexican Wedding Cookies
Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup pecans, finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
Additional powdered sugar (approximately 3/4 cup)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. In Small Batter Bowl, combine flour, pecans, cinnamon, and salt; mix well and set aside.

2. In Classic Batter Bowl, beat butter and sugars on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy. Add vanilla; beat well. Gradually add flour to butter mixture; beat on low speed just until dry ingredients are incorporated.

3. Using Small Scoop, drop level scoops of dough, 1 inch apart, onto flat Baking Stone. Bake 12-14 minutes or until cookies are set but not brown. Remove cookies to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool 5 minutes. While cookies are still warm, roll in additional powdered sugar to coat. Cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough.

Sparkling Sangria
Ingredients:
1 bottle (25.4 ounces) non-alcoholic red wine, chilled
1/4 cup sugar
1 orange
1 lemon
1 lime
2 cups lemon-lime flavored carbonated soda, chilled

Directions:
1. Open wine bottle using Wine Bottle Opener. Pour wine into Quick-Stir® Pitcher; add sugar. Plunge until well mixed.

2. Slice fruit with Utility Knife; add to wine mixture. Refrigerate 3-4 hours to allow flavors to blend.

3. Add carbonated soda; plunge to mix. Serve immediately.

Yield: 6 servings

Sorry this took me so long, but here are some ideas. They all came from the "It's Good For You" cookbook except for the cheesecakes. They came from the Delightful Desserts cookbook. If something doesn't sound right, let me know and I will double check the recipes. I babysit, so I had to stop about a thousand times while typing it up. I know some of these would be impossible to do at a show because of how long they take, but thought they sounded good, or would be good make ahead recipes.

Attachments

• s Good For You Recipes.doc
    42 KB · Views: 457
  • Petite Chocolate Cherry Cheesecakes.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 365
ThanksThanks, Jenniferlynne, for the files! They look like great recipes....especially the cheesecakes - I'm very ready to try those!!! If you think of anything else, let me know.

No problem. Everyone always helps me out. I don't mind doing the same.

chefmama said:
Mexican Wedding Cookies
Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup pecans, finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
Additional powdered sugar (approximately 3/4 cup)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. In Small Batter Bowl, combine flour, pecans, cinnamon, and salt; mix well and set aside.

2. In Classic Batter Bowl, beat butter and sugars on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy. Add vanilla; beat well. Gradually add flour to butter mixture; beat on low speed just until dry ingredients are incorporated.

3. Using Small Scoop, drop level scoops of dough, 1 inch apart, onto flat Baking Stone. Bake 12-14 minutes or until cookies are set but not brown. Remove cookies to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool 5 minutes. While cookies are still warm, roll in additional powdered sugar to coat. Cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough.

Is the measurement for the vanilla using our vanilla or regular vanilla?

Thanks,
Kim

Heavenly Lemon Angel CakeThis recipe is awesome and I am not typically a fan of lemon. You can find the recipe in the All the Best cookbook. If you don't have it let me know and I'll get it to you. Note: I make the cake ahead of time at home so it has time to cool down and then bring it to the show.

Julie Myers
Denver, PA

PCJulieI would love this recipe. I did have the All The Best Cookbook, but we are moving and I've misplaced it somewhere. Probably won't find it until we unpack...and that could take forever!!!

The Lively Lemon Bars from the It's Good For You cookbook are awesome!

Crust
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) 70% vegetable oil spread

Filling
3 lemons
1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
2 egg whites
2 tbsp all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsps powdered sugar

1. Preheat oven to 350F. Spray square baker with non stick cooking spray. For crust, combine flour and powdered sugar in Classic Batter bowl. Add vegetable oil spread; blend using pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press crumb mixture onto bottom of baker. Bake 17 minutes; remove from oven to stackable cooling rack.

2. Meanwhile, for filling, zest two of the lemons using lemon zester/scorer to measure 2 tsps zest. Finely snip zest using kitchen shears (or you could use the microplane grater to zest the lemons) Juice lemons using juicer (or citrus press) to measure 1/2 cup juice. In small batter bowl, combine lemon zest, juice and granulated sugar; whisk using stainless steel whisk. Add eggs, egg whites, flour and salt to batter bowl; whisk until blended.

3. Pour filling over crsut, spreading evenly. Bake 20 minutes or until filling is set. Remove from oven to cooling rack. Cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Cut into bars.

Here is the recipe. Enjoy!

Heavenly Lemon Angel Cake

1 package (16 oz) angel food cake mix
1-2 lemons
2 cups powdered sugar
2 cups thawed, fat-free frozen whipped topping
1 package (10 oz) frozen raspberries in syrup (strawberrries are good also!)

Prepare cake and pour into ungreased Rectangular Baker, spreading evenly. Bake on center rack at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until top of cake is golden brown, cracked and firm to the touch. Do not overbake. remove from oven and invert onto Stackable Cooling Rack; cool completely. (Do not remove cake form baker.)
Turn baker upright; poke holes about 1 1/2 inches deep and 1/2 inch apart with large fork. Zest one lemon using Lemon Zester/Scorer to measure 1 tablespoon zest. Juice lemon using Juicer (or Citrus Press) to measure 1/4 cup juice.
In Small Batter Bowl, combine powdered sugar, lemon juice and zest; whisk until smooth. Slowly pour glaze over cake, spreading evenly. Let stand 30 minutes or until glaze is set.
Attach open star tip to EAD; fill with whipped topping. Cut cake into squares. Garnish each serving with whipped topping ; top with raspberries or strawberries.

What are some quick and easy recipes for busy weeknights?

Some popular light and easy recipes for busy weeknights include sheet pan dinners, stir-fries, and one-pot meals. These types of recipes require minimal prep and clean-up, making them perfect for hectic weekdays.

Are there any healthy options for those watching their calorie intake?

Yes, there are many light and easy recipes that are also healthy and low in calories. Some examples include salads, soups, and grilled protein dishes. You can also use substitutes like Greek yogurt instead of heavy cream or whole wheat pasta instead of regular pasta to make a dish healthier.

Can I find vegetarian options in light and easy recipes?

Absolutely! There are plenty of vegetarian light and easy recipes that are delicious and satisfying. Some popular options include veggie stir-fries, quinoa bowls, and roasted vegetable dishes. You can also easily modify meat-based recipes by substituting tofu or beans for protein.

What are some tips for making meal prep easier?

One helpful tip for making meal prep easier is to plan your meals in advance. This will save you time and stress during the week. Another tip is to use versatile ingredients that can be used in multiple recipes, such as chicken or vegetables. Finally, invest in some good quality storage containers to keep your prepped meals fresh.

Can I make these recipes in bulk for meal prepping?

Yes, many light and easy recipes can be easily doubled or tripled for meal prepping. This is a great way to save time and have healthy meals ready for the week. Just make sure to properly store and reheat the meals to maintain freshness and quality.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leftymac
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • k1tchng0ddess
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
k1tchng0ddess
  • babywings76