• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is a Receipt Needed for a Lifetime Warranty Replacement?

In summary, the host suggests that the customer may have misplaced the receipt for her skillet, which would invalidate the skillet's lifetime warranty.
KimmyDarling
Just received this from one of my upcoming hosts, regarding one of her outside orderers, who wants to book a show with me (yay!).

"she may be contacting you regarding the replacement of her family skillet. She purchased it about 11-15 years ago (I forget which she said) and has no idea where the receipt is, if kept. If something is “lifetime guarantee”, is a receipt still necessary?"

My guess is that she won't have the receipt. What is the policy/procedure? I've not had this situation come up before.

Thanks for your help!
Kimmy

Since the guarantee is not transferrable and since people sometimes sell their PC products at yard sales, she would need a receipt. If she can remember the name of the host or the consultant and an approximate month and year, HO can search for the order. However, I'm not sure how far back their computer records go. If this doesn't pan out, suggest that she gather $150 in orders and get another one for free.When did the Professional line come out? If it is Generation II, the warranty is long past! HTH

The Professional line is only 6 years old or so. Her skillet is surely Gen II, which carried just a 2 yr warranty.

Sorry!

Good catch Deb - I would not ahve know that - being a newbie myself...

HMMM, makes me wonder, one of the women I know said she has a pan that is like 20 something years old that she got from PC and she said it was a lifetime warrantied pan, but she has never had any problems with it. She is one of the people who convinced me to do this in the first place, and one of my good customers, now if she can just get her employees to quit putting her ice cream dippers in the dishwasher bucket she will be doing good, lol.

I know Professional has been around longer than 6 years, I don't know for how much longer, but I had been eyeing for a LONG time as a hostess.

I had a show and still didn't have $ for it, so my mom got me the Generation 2 cookware for Christmas, at least 3 years before I got married, as I couldn't afford the Professional. I've been married 7 years now, and it will be 8 in May, so it's been out for at least 10-12 years.

HTH,

Lisa

Professional came out in 2000 at National Conference the Gen II was the only before with the 2 yr warranty they are also year stamped on the bottom like 0098 or 0005 so you know they actual year purchased. Like in Jan 05 you could have an 0004 but for the most part that goes with the actual year.

I have had several customers ask for replacements of products that are out of warranty. For some reason many of them think that EVERYTHING from PC carries a lifetime warranty. Maybe we had a confused consultant who worked the area.

I've had a couple of them argue with me. I was polite, pulled out my handy catalog, and pointed out the warranty info. Had one say that they obviously changed the policy. I gave her the HO number. Let them deal with her.

I make sure I point out at my shows that everything (excluding consumables, of course) has at least a 1-year warranty. I encourage people to take a look at the little numbers in the circles. I also remind them to keep hold of their receipts until the warranty on each item has expired. Of course, if they purchase it from me, I'll have a copy on file (or at least on computer).

I'm hoping that this misconception will be cleared up soon. I hate disappointing customers.

What does the lifetime warranty cover?

The lifetime warranty covers any defects in materials or workmanship for the lifetime of the product, as long as it is used and cared for according to the product instructions.

How do I make a claim for a product covered under the lifetime warranty?

To make a claim, please contact our customer service team with your proof of purchase and a description of the defect. They will assist you in determining if the product is covered under the lifetime warranty and guide you through the claims process.

Are there any products that are not covered under the lifetime warranty?

Our lifetime warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, misuse, or damage caused by accidents or improper use. It also does not cover products purchased from unauthorized sellers.

What if I no longer have my proof of purchase?

If you no longer have your proof of purchase, our customer service team may be able to help you verify your purchase through other means. However, we recommend keeping your proof of purchase in a safe place for future reference.

Can I return a product for a refund instead of making a claim under the lifetime warranty?

If you are not satisfied with your product for any reason, you may return it within 30 days for a full refund. After 30 days, the lifetime warranty would apply for any defects or issues with the product.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmelody
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
PC1
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Malinda Klein
  • chefmelody