• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lifetime Warranty on All Pampered Chef Products?

In summary, customers have been claiming that Pampered Chef used to offer lifetime warranties on stoneware, garlic presses, and can openers. However, the company has confirmed that this information is incorrect and that only certain cookware and knives had lifetime warranties. It is possible that individual consultants may have offered this warranty against company policy. Customers without receipts cannot receive replacements or discounts, and it is recommended to refer them to the home office for further assistance. It is common for customers to misunderstand certain benefits and discounts offered by the company.
RossDeb2
Gold Member
Lately, I've come across quite a few customers telling me that, years back, pampered chef offered lifetime warranties on stoneware, the garlic press, the can opener, etc. I even had one former consultant tell me that this was true, that years ago, the lifetime warranty did exist on these products. I've called head office and was assured that this info is incorrect, that there were no lifetime warranties on items other than some cookware and knives. How did you/should I handle it with the customer? It was suggested that perhaps a consultant may have offered this lifetime warranty on his/her own, going against PC policy. Trouble is, now I am dealing with it. The customers don't have the receipt to back up their claim. Would you offer customers a bit of a discount on their purchase of a new item or would you just tell nicely that this is the way it is?:confused:

I've had people tell me this before also but I've never seen anything to confirm it.

I'll just tell you that people get confused. I had one lady at a show tell me that after you make one purchase, all of your purchases are 10% off for a full year..... um, no!!! people hear and believe what they want to. I would gently say that this may have been something offered by an individual consultant, but it was not by the company. If they are looking to add to their collection, then ask them if they would like to get their friends together for a cooking demonstration.

lesliec said:
I'll just tell you that people get confused. I had one lady at a show tell me that after you make one purchase, all of your purchases are 10% off for a full year..... um, no!!!

That's only the case if they were the host.

I have heard this before as well and I let them know that only certain items have a lifetime warrenty and for the warrenty to valid they need to know where and when they purchased this item. A receipt would be helpful. This way we know you are the true owner of a product and you did not pick it up broken at the Good Will. If you are unclear as to what has a lifetime warrenty, you can call the home office. It is my understanding the stoneware was never a lifetime, but the knives in the sharpening cases were. They are different than the ones we sell now.

I'd tell her that the company requires a receipt for any type of adjustment. That it is a way for them to confirm when they purchased the item and verify what guarantee was offered. Let the customer know that you'd be happy to try and help if she can find the receipt. Otherwise, she will have to call Home Office directly as they will know what options are available. This way, you have tried to help and are allowing HO to decide what to do with the problem. They do have more options than we do.

I would not offer a discount as it is not your mistake and you will be opening yourself up to future expectations. Do mention that she can easily update her kitchen tools for free by hosting a show.

lesliec said:
I'll just tell you that people get confused. I had one lady at a show tell me that after you make one purchase, all of your purchases are 10% off for a full year..... um, no!!! people hear and believe what they want to. I would gently say that this may have been something offered by an individual consultant, but it was not by the company. If they are looking to add to their collection, then ask them if they would like to get their friends together for a cooking demonstration.

I had someone tell me once that the "Booking" benefit meant that any show she went to as a past host, she got the booking benefit! Even shows that weren't booked off hers!

wadesgirl said:
I had someone tell me once that the "Booking" benefit meant that any show she went to as a past host, she got the booking benefit! Even shows that weren't booked off hers!

LOL....nice try. Gotta give her credit for trying, right?:rolleyes:

People only hear about 25% (if you're lucky) of what you say at a show. So you say "lifetime warranty" and they think it applies to everything. Past host discount - they think that's lifetime, too. Have them call HO rather than you getting caught up in it. I wouldn't even say anything about helping them if they have a receipt. They'll just get pissy with you. And certainly no discount.

wadesgirl said:

I've had past hosts confused about that too even though I make a point of saying to them that the date of the bookings have to be on my calendar before we send the show in for her to get the benefit. Some still don't hear it. lol

I also had a host tell me that she had a $170 show in the past and she got way more benefits then that level shows (I think she said $60 free and 2 half price items) and wanted to know what I did with them. She said she was reading what she got for free and half price off and what the guest sales were of the receipt. I know the consultant who did the prior show and I know for a fact she didn't give deals like that - EVER. I even had her look at the chart in the catalog and assured her that the benefits were the same at her last party as that consultant and I started our businesses at about the same time. Makes you wonder if they think we are really stupid. ...or, they think we get huge discounts/commissions and should be sharing with them.

Whoever told you that only the knives and cookware had lifetime warranties was completely wrong! According to my 2002 Fall/Winter catalog the Stainless Steel Whisk, Twixit! Clip Combo Pack, Easy Clean Kitchen Brush, Cheese Knife, Self Sharpening Knives(now honing & 5 yr), Bread Knife, and the Generation II Lids all also had Lifetime Guarantees.

These changes to policy after the fact are driving me nuts!
Pampered Chef have never offered a Lifetime warranty on everything. When I started the Batter Bowl had a 10 year warranty, but we didn't start adding the warranty in the catalog until 2002. The furthest back I could find a PIG was 2007 and luckily it had some 2005 cookware info!

I think HO needs to train their reps on what was guaranteed and when it changed. Because according to the Product Informaion Guide in 2005 the Professional Cookware said absolutely NOTHING about nonstick aresole sprays voiding the cookware warranty. Here is are parts of a section that I found today in an old Product Information Guide file:

4-Piece Set with Bonus Nylon Tool Set COOKWARE --
Professional Cookware PROFESSIONAL

2760 4-Piece Set with Bonus Nylon Tool Set Lifetime guarantee...
USE AND CARE
Using Your Professional Cookware
Before use, hand wash using hot, soapy water and a nonabrasive sponge or cloth.
Medium to medium-high heat settings are recommended for most recipes. High heat should
be reserved for stir-frying, boiling, or reducing liquids.
The need for nonstick sprays is reduced when cooking with our Professional Cookware. For maximum durability of the Dupont™ Autograph® coating, use of nylon, bamboo or wood utensils is recommended to prevent marring of the interior surface. Avoid using knives or other sharp metal objects in hard-anodized cookware.
...it goes on, but I need to stop.

It says the need for such sprays is reduced. Not, using such sprays will void the warranty. I believe HO is right to refuse cookware that was abused - as long as they honor the warranty that came in the box at the time of purchase.

That would actually be very handy - if they kept a warranty file or database of some sort. They could have them searchable by product name or keyword. Have things listed that are 3 yrs, 5 yrs, Lifetime, and if there were other warranty periods, those too (like the 10 yr mentioned). List when they were discontinued (if they are still within their warranty period). After enough time has lapsed from when they were no longer sold and the listed warranty, then they should drop off the list.At least that way, even if a customer miraculously is as anal as I am and did save every PC receipt they ever had (yes..I have a file in my cabinet just for them over the last 12 yrs - BEFORE I signed), you'd still need to know what the warranty was on the item in the first place.But yes- adults can be just like kids...we hear ONLY what we want to hear and nothing else. (Or read or not read, as the case may be).

My 1999 Product Catalog has a clause on the "New" Stoneware page saying PC is so confident about the stonewear that they warrant it for 3 years with the original receipt. My bar pan came out of the cabinet tonight, so I dug up my original receipt hoping it was a lifetime warranty. The product catalog was in the folder with it. :)

Becca_in_MD said:
...... Have them call HO rather than you getting caught up in it. I wouldn't even say anything about helping them if they have a receipt. They'll just get pissy with you. And certainly no discount.
Ditto on this.
I've had people get pissy with me about receipts ("Who saves THOSE???)
Or, they don't remember the consultant's name or even the host's name ("My friend dragged me to the show and I don't remember anything").One woman argued about a mini spatula with a wooden handle - so it had to be about 20 years old, haha.
I finally said, look - I'm sorry if the consultant said lifetime warranty on everything, but it doesn't pass the common sense test.
What company is going to offer such a warranty on $4 items & stay in business?After griping that the price had gone up, she bought a replacement, full price.

If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. That being said, be the professional. Politely refute their claim, and state that every product is GUARANTEED, and that our Lifetime Guarantee products are our cookware and our forged cutlery. Remind them that Pampered Chef is in the business of selling kitchen equipment, not replacing what was once bought. We love our customers, but we don't gift eternal replacements - that wouldn't be prudent business! (There is no way the Zyliss garlic press or the Anchor Hocking batter bowl originally sold, or the SuperSwat had a lifetime guarantee!)

I will always listen to their concerns first and see if there is something I can do, then I readily give them Home Office number since many do not have receipts or host name or consultant name. I also realized that many are mixing us up with Tupperware??? that does offer a lifetime replacement. After 8 years I have heard and seen many consultants offer outlandish "specials" to get sales too!

I just had someone show up at a booth and say she bought a stone from a co-worker who brought a catalog from someone's show. She thought August of 2013 and she just opened the box and it was broken! She wanted me to get her a new one. She paid cash, no receipt, didn't know the host name (and her coworker has had a stroke and can't talk!!) I actually emailed her name and the coworker's to PC. They had no record of either person ever ordering. She got huffy with me and started bad mouthing PC. I said Target wouldn't replace something under those circumstances! I offered to buy her one if she wanted to have a show and she informed me she wasn't interested, and besides, her co-workers didn't have any money, they all do drugs and live in their cars!

Wow, mspibb, that's one of those no-win situations. She was looking for a freebie. And even then she probably wouldn't have been happy.

Yeah, i was told my chopper and cookie gun press was lifetime, I was told that it would be no problem and although I have not had time to go to another party , these two items I have are broken, they broke right away. the cookie press i was never able to use as it was broken when i opened it and the chopper had broken just a while after i started using it. i keep reminding friends that are going to a party i cannot attend to take my stuff with them but they forget and so do I, tonight i decided to look it up and see where i could send then things in to get them replaced and POOF! look at my surprise!!! I feel like i got jammed on these goods and i do not trust the name anymore, it's a load of crap that something can be one way when you buy it and then less than a lifetime later " Too Bad" . i am not the kind of person to take that kind of loss forever, I will prevail.

1. What does the Lifetime Warranty cover?

The Lifetime Warranty on Pampered Chef products covers defects in materials and workmanship. This includes any damage or malfunctions that occur during normal use of the product.

2. How long does the Lifetime Warranty last?

The Lifetime Warranty lasts for the lifetime of the original purchaser of the product. This means that as long as you own the product, it is covered under the warranty.

3. What is the process for making a warranty claim?

If you experience an issue with your Pampered Chef product, simply contact our customer service team and they will guide you through the process of making a warranty claim. This may include providing proof of purchase and a description of the issue.

4. Are there any restrictions or exclusions to the Lifetime Warranty?

The Lifetime Warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, misuse, or damages caused by improper care or cleaning. It also does not cover products purchased from unauthorized sellers. Please refer to our full warranty policy for more details.

5. Can I return a product for a refund if it is covered under the Lifetime Warranty?

No, the Lifetime Warranty only covers repair or replacement of the product. However, if the product is no longer available, we may offer a comparable replacement or a refund at our discretion.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• christinaspc
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
Ginger428
Replies
Views
Staci