• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lid for Fluted Pan

Cindycooks

Veteran Member
Silver Member
Jan 4, 2005
I have been mixing up the 321 cake at home, spritzing my fluted pan and putting the batter in it - then transporting it to my shows. When the guests are arriving and I am starting my demo, I microwave the cake. Today I discovered that the Deep Dish Baker lid fits the fluted pan just right! It is not snug as it is on the baker, but it stays put and is fine just for transporting the pan to the show - and looks much more professional than covering the top with foil like I had been doing!

DebPC

Legacy Member
Staff member
Apr 14, 2004
Thanks for sharing. I love the idea of preparing the mix ahead and transporting it in the pan. Plus this way we can promote 2 stones instead of one!

BethCooks4U

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
Cindycooks said:
I have been mixing up the 321 cake at home, spritzing my fluted pan and putting the batter in it - then transporting it to my shows. When the guests are arriving and I am starting my demo, I microwave the cake. Today I discovered that the Deep Dish Baker lid fits the fluted pan just right! It is not snug as it is on the baker, but it stays put and is fine just for transporting the pan to the show - and looks much more professional than covering the top with foil like I had been doing!
Great tip! Thanks!

cbord

Jul 13, 2005
Great tip.
Adding it to my tip book.- its a notebook with products on top off of page and list of tips about products-Mostly from here.

Charlene

Cindycooks

Veteran Member
Silver Member
Jan 4, 2005
I sold a fluted pan and lid! Can you believe it! One of my guests was getting the fluted pan anyway and then she bought the lid! By the way - I did a devils food 321 cake and used the peanut butter chips - OMG - it was sooo yummy. The guests could smell it cuz it was cooking during the demo and we cut it while it was still warm and the peanut butter ooey-gooey.

Jan 3, 2005
What is the 321 cake?

Love the idea and transporting to show a premade cake... but I don't know what this is??? can you share and a the recipe?? Thanks
Debbie
Rochester, NY

Cindycooks

Veteran Member
Silver Member
Jan 4, 2005
Cake Recipe

Here you go - actually I got it from someone else who posted it on this loop! My microwave took about 10 min. Cook it just until it is just starting to pull away from the sides of the pan. It is really good! I love to transport it & have it all ready to pop in the microwave, then the guests can smell it when they are walking in the door!

Attachments

• 321 CAKE.doc
    31 KB · Views: 467

chefjulie_sc

May 19, 2005
Do you cook it w/lid or just transport?

Cindy,
Maybe you already answered this question, but forgive me it's late & I need to be in bed, but I get so caught up on this web-site...

...do you bake the cake w/ the lid on it, or just transport it with the lid?

I LOVE THESE MICROWAVE CAKES!!! THIS IS WHAT I PUSH AT THIS TIME OF YEAR!

I've attached a couple of microwave cake recipes that are my favorites. They are similar to those mentioned w/ a couple of variations.

Micro cake 2 I got from this web-site. Thanks everyone!

Attachments

• Peanutty Choc. Cake.doc
    22.5 KB · Views: 274
  • Gingerbread Micro Cake.doc
    22 KB · Views: 321
  • microcake2.doc
    31 KB · Views: 648
Jun 12, 2005
I've sold

16 fluted pans since starting to do the micro cake recipes at my shows! It is my second recipe at all my shows! I started doing the demo in July. That's an average of over 4 pans per month (usually at least one per show). This month I'm doing the pumpkin spice one (Spice cake mix, 3 eggs, 1 can of pumpkin: mix and micro for 10-12 min). It's getting great reviews!

Cindycooks

Veteran Member
Silver Member
Jan 4, 2005
Hey Julie....no no no. I dont bake it with the lid on it. What I have been doing to help with bookings is I tell my hosts that I will bring an easy dessert. I mix up the cake at home, pour it in the fluted pan and put the lid on top. Looks great on there and fits fine. Then I just take it to the show, take off the lid and bake it during the demo. I tell everyone that buys the pan that I'll send them the recipes too. I am selling one or two at every show! Thanx for the recipes! I did one like the german chocolate one where you pour the coconut pecan icing in the bottom, then the german choc cake mix on top...except I uesd the carrot or the spice cake instead with the coconut pecan icing....yum yum it was sooo good! And very much like fall! C