• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Gift Shopping: Finding the Perfect Present

Since it would have been hard for my DH to get time off in March anyway, since he was off most of Dec with the baby, this is not so bad!Nice watch Colleen!! I'll have to look at it at NC! Wait, what wave are you in? I'm in 3 this year.I was upset too that I didn't quite earn the trip but I'll get over it. I have wanted a toaster oven for a long time so I was going to order that but then I did a search and it was on sale at Macy's for $99 so I bought it (with money that would have bought supplies) and took $150 PC$$.
ChefLisa
I am trying to decide what I want to select for my gift(s). Has anyone decided what you are going to order?

Hey Lisa! It was very hard deciding (that's why I need to earn the trip next year! Too many decisions!) but ending up doing the pick 2. I chose the Kitchen aid Blender and $150 PC dollars to help pay for NC registration.

Good luck!!

What are some of your choices?

You can see them on CC -just choose level one and you can pull it up. They have some pretty nice stuff to choose from.

I selected the choose one. (I got my KA blender years ago through PC's Spring Fling incentive!) There isn't really anything I need and I was going between a camera and a watch so I chose the watch! I figured I would buy myself a camera but would never spend over $40 on a watch! It's due to arrive tomorrow and I'm really excited!This is the watch I chose: http://www.bulova.com/brands/bulova/product.aspx?origin=collection&sku=96R56&brand=bulova

I am still deciding too. I am still kind of mad at myself for not earning Miami. :(

I am torn between going with practical (like PC $'s) or not so practical, but fun...
What to do...

I was mad at not earning Miami too. So after I stopped beating myself up I got onto shopping! ;) I figured that if I earned the trip, it would be a *gift*, so I decided to select a *gift* for myself. And it was tough because I tend to go the practical route too. So I selected the watch really fast before I backed out! I did take a last minute look to see if there was anything I *should* get, but then picked!

Ooh, there's some fun stuff! I would have picked a bike. I don't have one and I really want one!

I had picked a digital "video" camera and I got an email saying that the item thatwas on the webpage was wrong and that it wasn't available. So I had to pick a DV hand hand held camera. I was not happy to have to get something different. But hey its free and my family can use it.

kisrae said:
I had picked a digital "video" camera and I got an email saying that the item thatwas on the webpage was wrong and that it wasn't available. So I had to pick a DV hand hand held camera. I was not happy to have to get something different. But hey its free and my family can use it.

I was going to pick that same video camera. I was very disappointed it disappeared from the choices.

I purchased the Kitchen Aid Blender right after the holidays, but I have not used it yet. I might return it and make that one of my choices.

Other things I am considering include the Macaroni Grill Gift Card, the Panansonic Phone System and the Cuisinart Bread Machine.

finley1991 said:
I selected the choose one. (I got my KA blender years ago through PC's Spring Fling incentive!) There isn't really anything I need and I was going between a camera and a watch so I chose the watch! I figured I would buy myself a camera but would never spend over $40 on a watch! It's due to arrive tomorrow and I'm really excited!

This is the watch I chose: http://www.bulova.com/brands/bulova/product.aspx?origin=collection&sku=96R56&brand=bulova

Great choice! That is a beautiful watch!

ChefLisa said:
Great choice! That is a beautiful watch!

After a lot of research, that watch is actually one of the more valuable items. It costs over $350.00 at Amazon.

I got the stand mixer. I have wanted one for years but would never spend the money on it. I can't wait to use it!

I have been trying to decide too. I think I am going to go for a camera too, but I haven't spent too much time on it yet.
Since it would have been hard for my DH to get time off in March anyway, since he was off most of Dec with the baby, this is not so bad!

Nice watch Colleen!! I'll have to look at it at NC! Wait, what wave are you in? I'm in 3 this year.

I was upset too that I didn't quite earn the trip but I'll get over it. I have wanted a toaster oven for a long time so I was going to order that but then I did a search and it was on sale at Macy's for $99 so I bought it (with money that would have bought supplies) and took $150 PC$$. The second item I took was the set of Panasonic Phones. I already have them and they are GREAT! The phone I earned in the previous promotion is still working like new but our other phones NEEDED to be replaced.

...still don't have my PC$$ though.

I am looking at the choices for the Janaury/February promotion and I don't see anything I want there. I have ALL the cookware. Looks like I should have waited for the toaster oven - it's on there. Decisions, decisions, decisions... :rolleyes:

pampmomof3 said:
Nice watch Colleen!! I'll have to look at it at NC! Wait, what wave are you in? I'm in 3 this year.

I'm 3 TOO!!!!! YAY!!!! :party::party::party:

The Waterford Lamp is beautiful. I just don't know if I want it. I am way too indecisive!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000C85SC/?tag=pfamazon01-20

i can not decide either! originally i wanted the camcorder too :) but now i am not sure if i should get the LCD tv for my kids, the Sony Receiver (ours isn't working) or something totally selfish and for me LOL...i am never good at making decisions this is hard, I almost wish we could just pick a gift card like before

The lamp is gorgeous!

I thought about getting a new TV for my dad but then kept saying to myself, I earned it so it should be for me! And I had to repeat that over and over and over!

So now here I am sitting and waiting (patiently - HA!) for our UPS guy! I hope he makes it today... he sometimes cuts out early on Fridays and puts "undeliverable due to weather" on his status updates. Today is the nicest (and warmest at 38F) day we've had in weeks so he better come!!!!!!!

I can't decide either~I really think I am going to let DH help me decide. I like the Samsonite luggage piece but that seems so practical!

chefmeg said:
I can't decide either~I really think I am going to let DH help me decide. I like the Samsonite luggage piece but that seems so practical!

ha! I tried that route and he made it more difficult and then said, it's yours, take what you want. So, blender and NC registration for me!

I too debated and ended up getting the Kitchen Aide Mixer. I have always wanted one and although I could have used it more about 20 years ago...I will at least have it! I think I may purchase some attachments and really enjoy it.:chef:

The jewelry attracted me and if the Tiffany lamp was a prettier pattern, I would have gone for that. Practical things would have been PC dollars and Merrill dollars, but who wants to be practical?!?!?:D

ChefLisa said:
The Waterford Lamp is beautiful. I just don't know if I want it. I am way too indecisive!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000C85SC/?tag=pfamazon01-20

that's beautiful! My very first year w/pc i earned level 1 and chose a Waterford lamp! I love looking at it knowing I earned it for free! It's in our living room and when we first moved in 4 years ago, it was the only thing in there!

I chose the sewing machine for myself and daughter ( she wants to learn how to sew) and the coffee grinder/brewer for my DH. I figure he helped me reach the goal, so he gets something, too. I got both items this past week and have been having fun!

Ok, so is going to sound ungrateful and I don't mean it to, but I'm just curious...

I choose the pick 2 option and one of my items was The Smart Shopper grocery list organizer. I'm really excited about it and I do really like it, it's pretty neat. In the box was a flyer saying to go register your new product on their website. So I head to the website to register and I see that it's listed for sale for $49??? I could buy another one and have it shipped straight to me for $54 total... does that kind of seem like a rip off?

My other option I choose was a $150 gift card to Merrill so I know that one's worth the $150...

I DO like my product so I don't mean to be ungrateful, just curious if anyone has come across anything like that with products you may have ordered?

OhmyDLM said:
Ok, so is going to sound ungrateful and I don't mean it to, but I'm just curious...

I choose the pick 2 option and one of my items was The Smart Shopper grocery list organizer. I'm really excited about it and I do really like it, it's pretty neat. In the box was a flyer saying to go register your new product on their website. So I head to the website to register and I see that it's listed for sale for $49??? I could buy another one and have it shipped straight to me for $54 total... does that kind of seem like a rip off?

My other option I choose was a $150 gift card to Merrill so I know that one's worth the $150...

I DO like my product so I don't mean to be ungrateful, just curious if anyone has come across anything like that with products you may have ordered?
This is why I ordered the countertop oven from Macy's and took the PC$$. The oven cost me $99 plus shipping and I got $150 PC$$. The other thing I noticed was that while it's the same oven the warranty through PC is 30 days and I get a longer warranty by buying it from Macy's. The phones we got were about the same online as through PC so I went ahead and got them through PC.

Now... I wish we had a PC$$ or Merrill$$ option for the Jan/Feb promotion too!

I went with the Chili's Gift Card and the PC $'s.
Boring, I know.
:)

OhmyDLM said:

I know what you mean and maybe ikt dropped down in price since PC started this. I know that I researched over 50 of the products that I had my eye on and a couple of the products were higher in price when the list first appeared on the site then when I actually redeemed. Sorry.

Now... I wish we had a PC$$ or Merrill$$ option for the Jan/Feb promotion too![/QUOTE]

meeee tooo----

morfia said:
Now... I wish we had a PC$$ or Merrill$$ option for the Jan/Feb promotion too!

meeee tooo----[/QUOTE]

me three!! What I'll probably end up doing is get the PC cookware and then do an incentive for my team or do a customer incentive. I've done that before and had two hosts battling for 1st place. THey both had turned in over $3k in sales in 2006!

All of the items were selected to be part of the promotion over one year ago. Any type of technology drops a lot in that time frame. That is why the cameras, kitchen items and anything else electronic are not nearly as expensive as when they were first selected.

Vases, watches and other items like that seemed to have retained their monteary value more.

However, if you really wanted an item, that is where the real value comes in. If you are going to use it and enjoy it, it was GREAT to earn!

I used Pick Two, too :D. Got my MP3 player on Wednesday (listening to it now...it's awesome!) and ordered $150 PC dollars...have to do something to invest in the biz!

Ok I did the pick two, got the pc dollars and the coleman tent. Well a tent arrived today but it isn't the coleman one (eureka--aren't they a vacuum company) and it is smaller. The one online said 14x14 and this one is 8x8. when your husband is over 6 ft tall an 8x8 tent doesn't cut it. I called and left a message for someone at the incentives dept. Did anyone else get something different than what was online?

cheftiffany said:
Ok I did the pick two, got the pc dollars and the coleman tent. Well a tent arrived today but it isn't the coleman one (eureka--aren't they a vacuum company) and it is smaller. The one online said 14x14 and this one is 8x8. when your husband is over 6 ft tall an 8x8 tent doesn't cut it. I called and left a message for someone at the incentives dept. Did anyone else get something different than what was online?

That's Weird!! Let us know what HO says.

I did get the right KitchenAid Blender and it ROCKS!!!! :DYou'll have to come over and have a few drinks!

cheftiffany said:

same thing here! I'm really bothered by that! I can understand sending a comparable product, but an 8x8 1 room tent does not compare to a 14x14 3-room. Summit told me that I could pick another item. I don't want anything else:grumpy:It took me forever to get to that decision. Now I wish that I could just get a Visa card to go by the tent myself!

pampmomof3 said:
That's Weird!! Let us know what HO says.

I did get the right KitchenAid Blender and it ROCKS!!!! :DYou'll have to come over and have a few drinks!

Will you be home in March when we're there for Level 2? How far away is Palm Beach? Can the blender travel?!!:D:p

Chef Kearns said:
Will you be home in March when we're there for Level 2? How far away is Palm Beach? Can the blender travel?!!:D:p

Um Yeah!! I already told Deb we should meet up!! I'm bummed of course that I didn't earn this trip (Deb and I met in San Fran on that incentive trip and went on the cruise together) but hopefully we can meet up when she's in visting her in laws!

Well I finally made a decision today and ordered the Cuisinart Bread Maker and the Jack George Venezia Handbag. The bread maker is for my husband the the handbag is for me. Okay, I get to eat the bread, but he really wanted a second machine. Our first machine is about 17 years old. The handbag just looks really nice and I look forward to carrying it around.

Sorry to read about the tent. I hope you can get it cleared up easily.

I thought I would be so into have a bread machine. I used it about 2 times and it was such a pain in the butt to clean I just haven't broken it out anymore. I've had it about 5 years!! Is that bad?

Chef Kearns said:
I thought I would be so into have a bread machine. I used it about 2 times and it was such a pain in the butt to clean I just haven't broken it out anymore. I've had it about 5 years!! Is that bad?

I will be honest with you, that is bad. My husband uses our current one about two to three times a week. He makes pizza dough with it, along with dough for bread and rolls. He prefers to take the dough out before baking and using the stoneware for cooking.

I recommend taking it out and looking for some recipes on line. You just need to fall in love with it!

LOL!! It is one of those things we just don't talk about at my house because I desparately wanted that thing!!

Chef Kearns said:
LOL!! It is one of those things we just don't talk about at my house because I desparately wanted that thing!!

Well that means you need to sneak it out of the closet when he will be gone for a few hours. Have fresh baked rolls for him and tell him he only gets to eat them if he does not say a word about the machine.

I just got my handbag and it is absolutely beautiful. I would have never paid $180.00 for it, which makes it extra special.

i could not decide between products so i went with the merry maids gift cards..got 2...i am still waiting for them but did have merry maids come for a cleaning first and it was so nice to come home to a clean house...every room all at the same time! lol...since i now only have to cook and do some laundry (my DH is awesome in that dept) i can spend more quality time on my biz and with the family and not stress over dirty floors and dust bunnies! especially with ryan now picking up everything and putting it in his his mouth and crawling all over the place :) hope the gift cards come this week...MM are coming back this week :)

pckrissy said:
i could not decide between products so i went with the merry maids gift cards..got 2...i am still waiting for them but did have merry maids come for a cleaning first and it was so nice to come home to a clean house...every room all at the same time! lol...since i now only have to cook and do some laundry (my DH is awesome in that dept) i can spend more quality time on my biz and with the family and not stress over dirty floors and dust bunnies! especially with ryan now picking up everything and putting it in his his mouth and crawling all over the place :) hope the gift cards come this week...MM are coming back this week :)
''
HOW NICE!! Curious, how much do they charge? I would LOVE that gift!

I don't live anywhere near a grumpy maid or a merry maid!!!:p

pampmomof3 said:
''
HOW NICE!! Curious, how much do they charge? I would LOVE that gift!

They are a little pricey...i used to have a women and her sister who cleaned my house for $60!! She got pregnant and stopped and I miss her!
The initial clean was $144...which i had $ for from my "sprinkle" (a small baby shower for your 2nd child..my family likes to throw parties!) everyone knows how i hate to clean LOL so they gave me $ which i hadn't used yet...so i used that for the initial cleaning and i still haven't gotten my Gift Cards yet!! They are $95 for the remaining every 2 weeks...so i will use my GC for that...but they do base it on your house size and rooms, carpet vs. hardwood floors, etc...they come out and give you an estimate. I have all hardwood floors except for the 2 boys rooms which i think cost more to clean?

I am just going to enjoy it while i can! :)

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Gypsy Rose
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Gypsy Rose
Replies
Views
baychef
  • pamperedlinda
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies