1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings Letter to send with catalog?

1. I am so bummed right now. My Feb 26th host just called to say that of the 14 people she sent "save the date" emails to, 13 can't come. She is also inviting a lot of her neighbors so I do have hope. Of the 13 that can't come, approximately half have told her they would like to see the new catalog and perhaps place an order (she is a repeat host and people are really tired of this one). I would like to send a letter with the new catalog and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. I have seen things out there but can't seem to find them now that I need help. Before I re-create the wheel I thought I would ask the most creative and talented group of people I have ever seen first. :confused:

Nicole Kuperberg
    Independent Consultant
    Lake Mary, Florida

Jan 31, 2006
  2. rwesterpchef

rwesterpchef Advanced Member

Letting the cat out of the bag too soon

I don't have such a letter, but wanted to let you know that the same thing happened to me in 2004. I now do not let them know of the new products until February shows. I still book into March in January, but don't say that there will be new products. A lot of consultants disagree with me, but its the ones that have a large enough clientelle that they can afford to. I still only have 4-5 shows a month and am not ready to take the chance of them deliberately postponing to see the new. I do send the teasers (and now the mini-catalogs) to some of my good pasts hosts.

Jan 31, 2006
  3. Thanks for the advice. I understand that in theory, and I agree, but most of her guests, as well as the host, are REALLY seasoned PC customers and know the new catalog comes out in March so there is no hiding it from them. I think she is going to do a kitchen show on her scheduled date and then a catalog show in March if we collect enough orders. She realizes that she will lose benefits from breaking it into 2 shows but these people own most of the current catalog and WILL NOT place an order otherwise.

Jan 31, 2006
Have something to add?