• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Let's Talk "Point of Sale" From Your Smartphone/Tablet

In summary, for those looking to accept credit cards through their phone or tablet, Square seems to be the most popular choice among consultants due to its competitive rates and no monthly fees or set-up costs. Other options like Intuit GoPayment and PayPal Here also offer similar rates, with potential benefits for businesses with high transaction volumes. Ultimately, it's important to research and compare different companies to find the best fit for your business.
Sheila
Gold Member
For those of you who are now accepting credit cards from your phone/tablet, which company did you choose & what do you like/dislike about them?

I never really paid attention to the POS chatter when I was living in Japan since the military prohibited us from doing Cash & Carry. But I just did my very first cash & carry event here in TX and realized that I needed to jump on board! LOL

I posted my question on FB last night & got some responses. Seems SQUARE is the most popular one among Consultants. If you are using a different company, what are the fees?

Square gives:
  • 2.75% per swipe for Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and AmEx
  • Manually-entered cards cost 3.5% + 15¢ per transaction
  • No merchant account, monthly fees or set-up costs
  • Deposits available next business day for card-swiped transactions (unless it's a Friday/Saturday ~ then you have to wait until Monday)
  • Or the option of doing a $275 per month fee & 0% swipe rate (for really busy businesses)

My friend who does TS uses the Intuit GoPayment card reader:
  • 2.7% swipe rate
  • 3.7% non-swipe
  • or a $12.95 monthly fee with a 1.7% or 2.7% swipe rate (for busier businesses)

Was just wondering what other companies are out there & what their rates/features are like.

I personally chose Square for my business because I liked the simplicity and the fact that there were no monthly fees or set-up costs. The 2.75% swipe rate was also very competitive compared to other companies. However, I do find the 3.5% + 15¢ per transaction for manually-entered cards to be a bit high. I haven't had any issues with deposits being available next business day, but I can see how it could be inconvenient if you have a lot of transactions on a Friday or Saturday.I haven't heard much about Intuit GoPayment, but the rates seem similar to Square's. The $12.95 monthly fee option with a lower swipe rate could be beneficial for businesses with a high volume of transactions.I've also heard of other companies like PayPal Here and Shopify, but I don't have any personal experience with them. It would be interesting to hear from others who have used these services and their thoughts on the rates and features.Overall, I think accepting credit cards through a phone or tablet is a convenient and necessary option for businesses nowadays. It's important to research and compare different companies to find the best fit for your business needs.

Hi there! I am a Pampered Chef consultant and I also use Square for my point of sale needs. I chose Square because of its simplicity and low fees. I also like that there are no monthly fees or set-up costs. The only thing I dislike is that it can take up to two business days for the funds to be deposited into my account, but that's not a deal breaker for me. I haven't had any issues with Square and it has worked well for all of my events. I haven't looked into other companies, but I'm interested to see what others have to say about their experiences with different point of sale options. Thanks for bringing up this topic!

What is "Let's Talk Point of Sale"?

"Let's Talk Point of Sale" is a mobile application that allows users to process sales and manage inventory directly from their smartphone or tablet. It is designed for small businesses and entrepreneurs who need a convenient and portable solution for their point of sale needs.

How does "Let's Talk Point of Sale" work?

Users can download the app from the App Store or Google Play Store and sign up for an account. Once logged in, they can add their products to the inventory and set prices. When a customer makes a purchase, the user can process the payment through the app and update the inventory in real time.

What features does "Let's Talk Point of Sale" offer?

The app offers a variety of features, including inventory management, sales tracking, customer management, and customizable receipts. It also allows users to accept various forms of payment, such as credit cards and mobile wallets.

Is "Let's Talk Point of Sale" safe and secure to use?

Yes, "Let's Talk Point of Sale" follows industry-standard security protocols to ensure the safety of user information and transactions. It also does not store any sensitive data on the device, making it a secure option for processing sales.

Can I access "Let's Talk Point of Sale" from multiple devices?

Yes, "Let's Talk Point of Sale" allows users to access their account and data from multiple devices. This means that users can process sales and manage their business from anywhere, as long as they have an internet connection.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tean94
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Tean94
  • AlowayFamily
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
brewejen
  • byrd1956