• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Let's Talk About Where We Want to Meet Up...

In summary, Andrea said that she would like to meet up with others in person and suggested lunch on the first day and Day 2. She is also thinking of doing the Wave 3 tour.
soonerchef
I was thinking (and Amanda spurred the idea to start this now...not my thinking that is but, oh just read on and you will find out), now that it's getting close we should start talking about meeting up with each other (that is if you guys want to)...

Looking at the agenda there are a couple of good times that I see and they are...
Day 1
12 pm for lunch
around 7 pm before Opening Session

Day 2
before General Session before 9am
at the General Lunch

Those are what I see as great times to get a big or small group together for a "It's-great-to-finally-meet-you-in-person-hug", well we don't have to hug...it could be a high five or a special handshake too!

For those of you who haven't been to McCormick Place, it's pretty easy to navigate and we can just pick a spot maybe somewhere by the registration booths...there are always a good amount of tables close by the booths and that might be a good place to meet as well.

Anyhoo, let me know what you guys think...

I was thinking along the same lines for WAVE 3. I don't know how to start a Thread, but perhaps someone else does, and we could connect via WAVES.
I'm on the 8AM Tour for Monday morning, and saw that at least two others were too. Perhaps they can make themselves known to me with a private
e-mail. It will be my first time at Conference. I'm rooming with folks my Director has matched me with. My own local folks had already filled a room.
We will be at the Palmer House.

Hey Andrea, I like the lunch idea the first day! This is my first conference so I am stoked. I told my director how many days were left until conference and she laughed at me, "oh you newbies."

So I looked at both our schedules again, we have wedding registries together. I hope it helps because I have one, and wanted 10.

I think I was nuts for taking the 6:45 HO tour, I have to be up @ 3:15 Cal. time!
So if I fall asleep during general session, someone better wake me up, or if I look drunk someone better guide me to the right place! (Ha, Ha):D

Grandmarita said:
I was thinking along the same lines for WAVE 3. I don't know how to start a Thread, but perhaps someone else does, and we could connect via WAVES.

To start a new thread go to the section you would like to post the new thread and at the top of the section is "New Thread" in a blue box. Click on that and you will see a box similar to the one that you put new posts to the threads in, hit submit and you are done!

pamperedalf said:
So if I fall asleep during general session, someone better wake me up, or if I look drunk someone better guide me to the right place! (Ha, Ha):D

You so won't fall asleep during General Session, there is so much clapping and laughing that it just isn't possible, but if you do we will make sure to wake you up. Also, you will have so much adrenaline that it might even be hard for you to sleep..

On the registry aspect, I too only have one registry...and would love to have more!

You guys I am so sad that I will be missing conference I would love to meet up with you guys I am supposed to be in wave 2 but I will be due with #3 3 weeks after conference and the way I feel now i dont think I would be able to do all the walking our cluster does. But everyone have a blast.

Andrea, I would love to meet up! I will be there Wed-Sun so, whenever is good for everyone else, I'll try to do.

Jennie4PC said:
You guys I am so sad that I will be missing conference I would love to meet up with you guys I am supposed to be in wave 2 but I will be due with #3 3 weeks after conference and the way I feel now i dont think I would be able to do all the walking our cluster does. But everyone have a blast.

Bummer that you can't be there, but worth it when you see that new baby...oh, babies just make me weak!

And by the way, you have like the best consultant # ever!

Well, I think we might have the A name's covered...there is Anne, Amanda and myself so far...can we get any B or C names to show up?:D :D :D

I am thinking lunch on the first day too, it's early in the conf so we don't have to wait too long to meet up!

How about an L name in the mix???? I'm in Wave 2 - my first conference! How will we know who we are?

L names are good! Well, you guys should know what I look like from my picture and I will try to have something on my body that states that I am a "Cheffer" and I think the rest of us should have something as well. I like the idea of a button or something of the like, maybe a "wave 2 cheffer" button with our chefsuccess name...cause I know that I can remember some names that go with the handles but I can't remember all of them and sometimes it's easier to recognize the handles.

Andrea I definitly have to agree with you on my consultant # but I have to think when I give my # so i get enoug 3 or not to many
Also With seeing the baby it is well worth everything you go through

Hey Andrea, Id love to meet up with you guys. I'm in wave 2 and on the 6:45 HO tour. Its my first conference so not sure where everything is. I'm sure Shari (my sis in law) and I could find you guys (Right Shari?). We're on the tour together.

I am a C name (Christina) although no one calls me that but thats what my tag will say. I agree on getting a button or something. It has to say Cheffer on it.

Glad you started the thread! :)

Tina - I'm on the same HO tour! Hope to see you bright and early!

Yeah, some more cheffers on the bright & early tour! See you ladies there! Labels on our name tags or wearing buttons that would totally work! I can't wait to meet you guys, I am so looking forward to conference I am making myself sick!

Andrea we are getting other names than A, but I think A names are the best! HE HE He!:D

I love A names, my son is Austin and DH really liked Alison...but, when we got pregnant with the twins he decided that he didn't want to be too overrun with A's!

Hey there, K sounds like A...right?

Well, Kate is my daughters name!!

Okay, I've got an "in"! Woohoo!

I'm in the "tour before I'm normally up" too - see you all on the tour!!!!

Hi all! I am in Wave 2 as well! I just got an email from HO saying that I get to go on a HO tour, as I am a newbie!!! I can't wait to get to meet some of my virtual cluster! Plus I thought another A name would be fun to add to the list... ~Alison

Yippee, so glad that you got on a tour, this will be my 2nd conf but first tour and I can't wait. Also, love the "virtual cluster" that's great! I hope that someone from our virtual cluster wins the shopping spree...

That would be so cool!!
I cant remember what else I signed up for or when I'm in it lol but hopefully we are all in something together and can meet up. :) I'm up for a drink if anyone else is ! lol

Need a "D"?I'm in Wave 2, also. I'll be on the 8:00 am tour (although I'll be up early with all of you - I'm driving in from Milwaukee in the morning). I hope to meet up with you all. Lunch on the first day sounds good!

Diane

I will be there also, won't be with anyone I know too well, except director and she is not rooming with me, and of course she has other things to do, so don't know what I will be doing part of the time :( this kinda sucks, I don't really know my roommate, haven't talked, don't get to get to too many cluster meetings and the one I was hoping to room with this year, that I did with her and her m-i-l last year isn't going, ughh! To top it all off, I was hoping to have that extra day (Sunday) but roommate is leaving on Saturday, so I won't be able to stay either, and I have NEVER traveled alone, actually last year was my first plane trip :O and this will be my second (or would I say third since I flew twice last time to get there and to get back, lol).

Anyway, I was so much more psyched about it about 4 months ago when I found out my roommate from last year isn't going. Now I will feel like a lost child. lol. Live and learn I guess. I really need to get a recruit so I can drag them along with me ;)

Jennifer: You're not going to be alone! Just think about the freedom you are going to have to do whatever the heck you want!

Jennifer, I love travelling by myself and I'm sure that you will learn how great it is! Besides you aren't there by yourself, you are there with thousands of other people who have the same interests as you, just find someone in a PC tshirt and say Hi, you will have an instant friend! and if you put a Cheffer button on then we will know to say Hi to each other when we see others with the Cheffer pin on too!

TinasKitchen said:
That would be so cool!!
I cant remember what else I signed up for or when I'm in it lol but hopefully we are all in something together and can meet up. :) I'm up for a drink if anyone else is ! lol

There was this great bar that we went to last year and I can't seem to think of the name, maybe someone else will know. It wasn't too far from the Hilton and it had dueling piano's, and random people would come and play guitar and sing. We went on a Wednesday night and the place was filled by 10pm!! Anyway, they were having a craziest table contest and guess who won? Of course, the PC table...we got a bucket (like a 1 gallon bucket) of Long Island Ice Tea on the house...way fun!!!!

So, yeah...I am up for a drink!

Hey Girls,

I'm at the Hilton. I know on the Sat. night my director says she has a pizza party for us but as far as I know.. everything else is free and clear. Anyone else at the Hilton?

and Andrea, I'll go anywhere to have a drink.. apple martini (or any other kind) here I come! lol

Jennifer, you wont be alone, once you find one of us, we're sure you wont feel alone! We'll be so busy w/ our classes I'm sure by the end you will have at least a bunch of new friends (or so I'm told, its my first conference!)

I'll have to take a look in AC Moore and see if they have any kind of buttons that we can decorate. So the idea is put Cheffer on it w/ our screen names (if they fit).. right?

Hey, I'm an "A", too, and I'm in Wave 2. I'll be the overweight one with significantly graying hair and (WOOHOO) a red director's tag (compared to the pink one I wore at my 1st NC last year!)

I am at the Hilton too, there is an Irish Pub downstairs!

I am @ the Sheraton. Darn!

Another "K" here. This is my first conference, and I am looking forward to going. I got the email about the home tour additions too, but I haven't gotten the confirmation yet as to which tour I will be on. I am all up for having a drink with the rest of you too. We are staying at the Hilton also.

Can you email me to let me know what everyone decides?

Why, are you going somewhere Anne?

You will definately know what we decide!

I just don't get the email notices for the forums since I started to pay for the subscription. If I don't check the site several times a day, I'll miss it. Greg has been working on it, but I've just about given up on getting the email notices.

Just curious who's at the Hilton Chicago? Is that where the pub is?

Also here are my classes:
home office tour 1 6:45
recruiting w/ the stars 1:15
host coaching for super shows 3:00
Day 2
Cooking Show Live! 2:15
Bookings: fill your calendar 4:00
Day 3
90 days to the business 9am

Anyone else in any of those?

I am at the Chicago Hilton, they have the best beds ever!! And, yes, that is where the pub is...doesn't look like I have any classes with you...here is mine...

Home Office Tour #2 07/13/2006 08:00 AM
Bookings: Fill Your Calendar A 07/13/2006 01:15 PM
Managing The Pampered Chef(R) & Another Job 07/13/2006 03:00 PM 90 Days to the Business You Want (Belinda Ellsworth) 07/14/2006 02:15 Wedding Registry Success Strategies 07/14/2006 04:00 PM
Double Digit Recruiting 07/15/2006 09:00 AM

My Director booked our room, so I am at the Sheraton. And here's my schedule:

Home Office Tour #1 07/13/2006 06:45 AM - 11:30 AM CST
Bookings: Fill Your Calendar A 07/13/2006 01:15 PM - 02:30 PM CST
Managing The Pampered Chef(R) & Another Job 07/13/2006 03:00 PM - 04:15 PM CST
90 Days to the Business You Want (Belinda Ellsworth) 07/14/2006 02:15 PM - 03:30 PM CST
Host Coaching for Super Shows A 07/14/2006 04:00 PM - 05:15 PM CST $0.00
Double Digit Recruiting 07/15/2006 09:00 AM - 10:15 AM CST $0.00

Oh my gosh, it's only 35 days til I leave - I am so excited - and my business really needs the boost!

loreedfk I am @ the Sheraton too, I can't wait to go and to see what boost I will get. We have the same home office tour, see you there!:DHere's my sched.:
Home Office Tour #1 07/13/2006 06:45 AM - 11:30 AM CST
Recruiting With the Stars 07/13/2006 01:15 PM - 02:30 PM CST
90 Days to the Business You Want 07/13/2006 03:00 PM - 04:15 PM CST
Bookings: Fill Your Calendar A 07/14/2006 02:15 PM - 03:30 PM CST
Wedding Registry Success Strategies 07/14/2006 04:00 PM - 05:15 PM CST
Inside Scoop: New Products & Recipes A 07/15/2006 09:00 AM - 10:15

I'm at the Hilton, and I am sooooooooooooooooo excited!!:D This is my first conference, and I really need the boost. We are arriving Wednesday afternoon. Here is my schedule:

Your events:
Managing The Pampered Chef® & Anoth 07/13/06 01:15 PM - 02:30 PM
Double Digit Recruiting 07/13/06 03:00 PM - 04:15 PM CST
Cooking Show Live A! 07/14/06 02:15 PM - 03:30 PM CST
Bookings: Fill Your Calendar A 07/14/06 04:00 PM - 05:15 PM
90 Days to the Business You Want (Belind 07/15/06 09:00 AM - 10:15 AM

I also was able to get onto one of the home tours, I am scheduled for tour 3, day 3 at 1:45. YAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

So are we going to try and meet in the pub one night? Or is there someplace else to meet? Are the hotels close to each other?

Kim

Wednesday night at the pub might be good too. The hotels are not super close but not far away either. Maybe what we should do is in a couple of weeks I will post a poll and we can vote on the top 4 ideas of where to meet and then do that?

Thats a great idea! And if you don't hear from me, PLEASE PM or email me!

That poll sounds good Andrea. That first night I might not be able to make it (director buying us dinner) but dont count me out.. I'm sure we can always try to set up another meet at the pub lol or someplace else!

I am also doing the Sat tour at 1:45!!! YEAHHHHH!!!!
This is my forst national, went to leadership and what a charge! Really helped to get my business rolling strong. Maybe for some of us coming in on Thurs. we can do a get together at the end of the day so we can meet everyone. Classes will be much better knowing someone.Rita

Poll sounds good to me also. I'm game for just about anything. I am soooooooo excited about going to conference. I really do need this as a boot uhh I mean boost. :D

I don't know if my director has anything planned for us or not. She hasn't said anything yet. We have our meeting Wednesday night.

Rita I look forward to meeting you and everyone else. Just don't expect to win the shopping spree, because it's MINE!! :D :D

Kim

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmoseley
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefann
Replies
Views
TammyJo
Replies
Views