• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should family loyalty trump supporting a friend's business?

I will book the show.I don't think it's selfish to not buy from a consultant if your friend is using them, as long as they are aware that you are shopping elsewhere. I think it's rude to not purchase from someone just because they are using a friend.
yummy4tummy
(what would you do or say)
Here is the scenario: DH's cousin's second wife (I hope I haven't lost you yet)
is having a catalog show for me. She sent e-invites to 2 grown step-daughters but they told her that they would not buy anything because they have a friend that sells and has sold PC for a long time (the girls do know me too as I have been in the family since they were small). However, when their father was making an order from me a few months ago, they were more than happy to give him a laundry list of things that he could buy from me to GIVE to them. Money is not an issue for either of them, there are no ill feelings with wife #2 (been married to their father for over 13 yrs) or me (that I know of) and she has done so much for them. Although I admire their loyaly to their friend, I just find it amazing that just because their friend sells PC that they can't help their step-mom to reach her goal (which she is having some trouble getting orders). Does that mean that if their friend works at one car dealership that they can't buy a different make car? Or if friends work at one store, they can't shop elsewhere?
I won't lose any sleep over it as it is really trivial (venting is good) but I just found it a little selfish. Am I wrong?
Valky

Coming from the other side - I have customers and hosts who won't purchase from anyone but me, because I am their "PC Lady", and they have a sense of loyalty to me. I know that I really appreciate that!

I have run into several situations like that. If you were the one that sold to them usually you would be upset if they bought from another consultant-right? I understand what you mean though. Some people are just funny that way.

I can understand being loyal to "your PC lady". But I also think it's kind of rude to not make a purchase from your friend or family member just because they are using someone else. It doesn't have to be a large purchase.

Before I became a counsultant I would be invited to parties where my friend (who is also my director) was not the consultant. I always made a purchase. People need to remember that in circumstances such as this, you are not supporting the consultant so much as you are supporting your friend. Also remember that you may want to invite your friend to another party some day where you are trying to earn free products....they may not buy from you because you didn't buy from them.

So sorry that this is happening to you and your cousin. I think it's kind of petty of them. Just brush it off, and hopefully your cousin will have a spectacular show in spite of them.

I'd say to ask the step-daughters to have their own show and get the laundry list for free. Pretend you don't know about the "good friend" and see what happens. It could be they are still hanging onto Daddy's coattails...or they gave him their Christmas list.

I also have loyal customers. It is funny because they will call me the day after they go to a party with a different consultant. "Oh Sandra, I feel so guilty. I didn't buy very much." I always tell them that it's okay. You are helping your friends and I'm sure she appreciated the order. But I always laugh. I'm glad they like me, but I don't want them to feel like they can't help their friends at their parties. You know?!

I do wonder how come their friend didn't use me as the consultant though?!!!

You can pick your friends, but you can't pick your relatives. If you let the stupid things your relatives do bother you, you'll end up in an asylum. With the exception of two cousins, I never talk TPC with family members. My own sister-in-law is a complete PITA when it comes to kitchen gear, so I just gave up even trying to talk about it with her. She's overly opinionated about everything from politics to spices to cookbooks to tools and as long as she believes the crap she buys is better than TPC tools, I can't discuss it with her without ending up needing a whole bottle of Maalox.Who needs relatives?

I don't have a problem with loyal PC customers purchasing from another consultant if they are invited to a show, I just tell them that it doesn't hurt my feelings if they make a purchase at a show but DON'T book a show with someone else!!

I don't have a problem with someone making a small token purchase to help a friend. I DO have a problem with them booking a show with someone else!!

You can pick your friends, but you can't pick your relatives. If you let the stupid things your relatives do bother you, you'll end up in an asylum.

AMEN TO THAT!

I know it wasn't a Christmas list as the previous order was made in June (trust me, they do not plan that far ahead)

Maybe I am just not that territorial...I don't feel I have the market cornered on PC. I too am a vey loyal person but sometimes one needs to weigh where their loyalty lies. Actually I don't think it is even a loyalty issue...just the nice thing to do. JMO

Chef Kearns said:
"Oh Sandra, I feel so guilty. I didn't buy very much." I always tell them that it's okay.
I just had a customer tell me that! It's sweet.:)

I agree with Linda. I don't think there is anything wrong with supporting a friend having a show!

1. What is "Let's Play Wwyd!" and how do I participate?

"Let's Play Wwyd!" is a fun virtual game where you can use your imagination and cooking skills to create delicious dishes with Pampered Chef products. To participate, simply join our Facebook group and look out for our weekly challenges.

2. Do I need to have Pampered Chef products to play?

No, you do not need to have Pampered Chef products to play. While our products are designed to make cooking easier and more enjoyable, you can use any kitchen tools you have on hand to participate in the game.

3. How often are new challenges posted?

New challenges are posted every week on our Facebook group. Make sure to join the group and turn on notifications so you don't miss out on any fun challenges!

4. Can I win prizes by participating in "Let's Play Wwyd!"?

Yes, we have weekly prizes for the most creative and delicious dishes shared in the game. We also have a grand prize at the end of the month for the overall winner. Winners are chosen by our team of judges based on creativity, presentation, and use of Pampered Chef products.

5. Can I share my own recipe or do I have to use the provided challenge recipe?

We encourage participants to use the provided challenge recipe as a base, but feel free to make modifications or create your own recipe using Pampered Chef products. Just make sure to include the required ingredients and tag us in your post to be considered for the prize.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Kitchen2u
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
esavvymom