• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I make the most of my hosting opportunity?

Thanks, everyone. I'm going to try using it for the next couple of months. I'll let you know the response.
raebates
Staff member
I frequently have people who tell me they want to "think about it" when I ask about hosting. I ask for permission to call them in a day or two. I figure the next time they actually think about it after the part is when they hear my voice on the phone.

So, I've created a little "Think About It" booklet. It will be printed landscape on letter-size paper, folded in half, and center stapled. I could only save it PDF one page at a time, but you can get the general idea.

I got the general idea from Julie Weitz training. I'll be asking them to
  1. Actually think about it.
  2. Take my phone call in a day or two.
  3. If they decide not to host, let me down easy.
Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• Think about it - single half-sheets.pdf
    219.8 KB · Views: 736
Rae, I love it!

In fact, I love it so much, I'd love to have it in an editable form.....:love: :love: :love: :rolleyes:

Love it! I think it's really cute and gives them the info they need to make a decision. Can you do it in Word???

Absolutely brilliant!

Rae~

That looks good! I love the last smiley guy!!

BTW- I sat through the same training with you....what did I miss? This is a great idea, but I don't remember it being said! (Or are you taking the opp. gift bag idea and going "bookings" with it?)

Nice!
Since you listen to Julie weitz, do you have any ideas on product packages?
I am doing a Man's night out shopping for the women in their life.
I thought if I put product together and offer gift wrapping I might sale more.
It's for a very small school.

Great flyer RAE! I love it! It is very informative.

Very Very informative!! It looks beautiful. Good work, Rae!

That is awesome, Rae! Great job! :thumbup: :D

Thanks, everyone. I'm going to try using it for the next couple of months. I'll let you know the response.

Unfortunately, I can't really convert it to Word. It's in Publisher 2007. I've attached the file, if anyone can use it.

Attachments

• Think About It booklet.pub
    242.5 KB · Views: 398
KellyTheChef said:
Rae~

That looks good! I love the last smiley guy!!

BTW- I sat through the same training with you....what did I miss? This is a great idea, but I don't remember it being said! (Or are you taking the opp. gift bag idea and going "bookings" with it?)

You didn't miss anything. I purchased a CD set about host coaching. I was listening to it while I drove to pick up The Furry Guy. She actually suggests a "Think About It Kit." She said it's a pared-down host kit. If the person says no, she picks up the kit. Since my people tend to be all over, I couldn't see wasting that much gas. That's when the booklet idea was born.

pclinskie said:
Nice!
Since you listen to Julie weitz, do you have any ideas on product packages?
I am doing a Man's night out shopping for the women in their life.
I thought if I put product together and offer gift wrapping I might sale more.
It's for a very small school.

Nope. Sorry. Start a thread asking others about this. There are lots of really creative people here. Someone probably already has this in the works.

raebates said:
You didn't miss anything. I purchased a CD set about host coaching. I was listening to it while I drove to pick up The Furry Guy. She actually suggests a "Think About It Kit." She said it's a pared-down host kit. If the person says no, she picks up the kit. Since my people tend to be all over, I couldn't see wasting that much gas. That's when the booklet idea was born.
Aha...good thinking on your part!

I love this little booklet, has anyone converted it to word yet? I would love to use this idea.
Lorna

Hi Rae,
Could you just take off your information and then we could print it and just write our info on it?
Sally

Rae, How do you use the booklet? You mail them out? Or pass them around at shows??

Is there anyone who can convert it to word? I love this idea but can't do anything with it in this format. I don't know how to change it myself. Thanks!

Go to http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/default.aspx and you can download a free trial of Publisher!I love love love this flyer. I'm going to use it! :D

okay I have it into word, you can each tweeq it. I have to do some fixing myself. with borders and picture sizes too! I am guessing on how to

Attachments

• booking booklet.doc
    38.5 KB · Views: 551
  • booking booklet2.doc
    163 KB · Views: 456
Lorna May said:
okay I have it into word, you can each tweeq it. I have to do some fixing myself. with borders and picture sizes too! I am guessing on how to
lorna
dont forget to changes the hostess credits to cdn :D

Oh my gosh Rae, this is soooo cool! :cool: I love it, and thank you so much for sharing!!! :) And Lorna thank you for turning it into a word document!! :thumbup: Now I can use it!! :D I appreciate all of you and your willingness to help all of us be the best we can be at our businesses! I just love :love: :love: this group of generous ladies (and men too!). Thanks again!:thumbup: :angel: :balloon:

Rae,

This is SO GOOD. . .I may just have to steal!!!! Thank you so much for sharing. :)

Thanks for converting that, Lorna.I just created these last night, so I don't really have a "usually" yet. My plan is to have them at shows and a few in my "portable office" in my van. I plan to give them to anyone who says they may want to do a show but need to think about it. I will be mailing a couple out this week to people who were at recent shows and gave me a "maybe" on hosting. I told them I'm send them the upcoming specials sometime this week. (I hadn't printed them out to take with me yet.) I decided to include a booklet with those specials. :)

I loved this idea and applied it to a photo project template I've done. It saves paper (prints on one sheet) and is compact (goes into a purse or a pocket). I didn't want to steal Rae's thunder :) but I just did this for me really, because I need something that uses less paper and ink, and well, because I was curious to see if I could put all that awesome information into such a small compact format. Here it is. There is a website with instructions on how to cut and fold it into the booklet. If you have questions, ask away - I can help explain better if need be. Use a ruler or side of a pen to crease down the pages once folded up and you could even run a glue stick along the edges of the unprinted sides and glue where necessary to adhere pages together (I hope that wasn't confusing). I have an older version of Publisher and I can't for the life of me figure out how to put it in Word and make it editable. If someone that's computer savvy wants to do that, I'm sure others would be grateful. I apologize - this new computer doesn't have the goods my old one had.

Attachments

• ThinkAboutIt onesheetbooklet.pub
    1.4 MB · Views: 419
Rae!this is too cute and very informative! Tell me again how you are using this?

I'm handing it to everyone who says they want to think about hosting a show.

Wow!!! Thats awesome! Its a great idea to have to hand out to potential hosts at booths, farmers markets, etc as well! Thanks for the great idea :)

You are most welcome. Actually, the basic idea belongs to Julie Weitz. I just "Rae-ified" it.

wow it is great I love it:thumbup:

That Is Amazing Rae!!! Can You Tell I'm Excited About It????:thumbup: :D :thumbup:

Gee, Ellen, you'd think you'd show a little enthusiasm. :)

I think that is really cute and a really good way to make people actually think about it and it's unique. :)

raebates said:
Gee, Ellen, you'd think you'd show a little enthusiasm. :)

I about started crying! I went to print it out and it wont work! My computer has never been the same since it crashed a couple weeks ago...:cry:

I will try to go print it up at my mom's house....

It looks great Rae! I can't wait to use it too!

Rae that is a FABULOUS IDEA. I am sure you will be the next one to talk at Conference about an idea you got and implemented it!! Looking forward to using it at a craft fair next weekend.

Okay, so my booklet is really paying off. Since I started using it, every one of my maybes have become either "yes" or "yes but not now." Seriously, every one. (Well, every one I've gotten hold of. There are, I believe, 3 that I haven't spoken with yet.)

Success!

I am really wanting to use this, but I am having a problem.
I printed a few copies off to make into the booklet. When I make the booklet all of my pages are out of order except the first page. What am I doing wrong? Any ideas?

If you use the PDF, it doesn't lend itself to simply printing, as you discovered. I print mine in Publisher. However, if you don't have the right Publisher program, that won't help.Why not take the ideas and create one that's all Leslie? You can put your spin on it.

Oh my goodness, I LOVE it! Those smiley's are sooo cute too!

I love it!!!! The idea is great...it answers every question they would have...Thanks for the idea :)

Rae it is awesome!!!

Rae-

I only have 4 words for you....

YOU ARE A GENIUS!

Well, I'm not sure I'd use the word "genius," but I certainly won't stop you from using it. LOL!The smileys are just from Microsoft Clip Art.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
emiscookin
  • completelychristie
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Stephaniem
  • NooraK