• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Food Vendor Requirements for Events: A Cautionary Tale

In summary, the food vendor at the event on Saturday must have a state license or they can't participate.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
Just a tip for those in the future who are doing their own vendor event or for those who do food at their event (someone had mentioned on here about making PC samples and selling them - check to see if food vendors are required to hold a state license. My sister and I are doing a little event on Saturday and two of the ten vendors are food people (cupcakes and bread/salsas). Today my sister gets a call at work (the event is in a conference room at her work) from the Food Safety Office to inquire about our food vendors. We have to either prove that they have a state license or they can't be at the event on Saturday. I was the one that talked to them since my sister was at work. They just happened to see our flyer and wanted to check on it. Funny thing is the cupcake person I meet at another event and I know she does several of these. The food safety people said that there is no regulations but when they are notified of events they have to look into them.

I did get a hold of the cupcake girl and they don't have a license :( They already paid for the spot and the advertising already went out (we only charged for the ad that went in the paper). I haven't heard from the other guy but the safety gal said they tried to email him twice and never heard back from him.

I thought it would be nice to have different kinds of people vs just direct sales companies but now I know what to look for the next time!

I never do any food at a fair 1 , we don't have a food license and also what if someone says they got sick on something I made or had the table . I don't even want to get into that just the product are enough

Yeah, this has been brought up a lot out here under Booths & Fairs especially. Sorry you missed all that info. We here in Wisconsin even have to be careful with school bake sales if you can believe that one! I guess though with all the issues of ecoli and salmonella every time you turn around, they just have to make sure the foods served at events is safe. Besides, it really does cover your own rear end. Look how many restaurants have lost their businesses completely because of this stuff. And they were licensed. Can you imagine what would happen if you weren't? Actually count this as a blessing in disguise.

1. What are the general food vendor requirements for events?

The general food vendor requirements for events vary depending on the specific event and location. Some common requirements include obtaining necessary permits and licenses, having liability insurance, meeting health and safety standards, and following any specific guidelines set by the event organizer.

2. Do I need to have my own equipment to be a food vendor at an event?

Yes, most events require food vendors to have their own equipment such as cooking appliances, serving utensils, and food storage containers. It is important to check with the event organizer for any specific equipment requirements.

3. Are there any restrictions on the types of food that can be sold at events?

Yes, there may be restrictions on the types of food that can be sold at certain events. This can include restrictions on allergens, certain types of cuisine, or specific ingredients. It is important to check with the event organizer for any restrictions before planning your menu.

4. Can I sell homemade food at events?

In most cases, homemade food is not allowed to be sold at events due to health and safety regulations. Food vendors are typically required to have a commercial kitchen and proper food handling certifications. It is best to check with the event organizer for any specific regulations.

5. What happens if I do not meet the food vendor requirements for an event?

If you do not meet the food vendor requirements for an event, you may not be allowed to participate in the event. This could result in loss of fees or potential legal action. It is important to thoroughly review and meet all requirements before agreeing to be a food vendor at an event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Jennie4PC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
nancycookspc
Replies