• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Remembering Les Paul: The Man Who Revolutionized Rock 'n' Roll

In summary, Les Paul was a very talented guitarist and musician who made a huge impact on the rock 'n' roll genre. He was also a very kind and gentle man, and is still playing in popular clubs in New York City today.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
You kids probably have no idea who Les Paul was, since he wasn't a big rock 'n' roll star. He was the pride of Waukesha, Wisconsin and with is wife, Mary Ford, had several hits on the charts back in the '50s and '60s.You don't know who Les Paul was? Well, without Les Paul, there would be no rock 'n' roll, for he was the man who made it all possible. He was an amazing guitar artist, and he was the inventor who put the electric pick-up on his guitar, thereby, inventing the electric guitar. He also perfected the multi-track tape recorder and used it to overdub his own records, a technique widely used in the industry ever since.http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/media/ALeqM5iPg9Wj3Enphkx_7cP6dokrqN_poQ?size=s2
Les Paul (June 9, 1915 - August 13, 2009)Gibson began making and selling the Les Paul guitar in 1952.Here's one of the news stories: http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jBD78k8tewQ7FPeiKtJbK8QPmtzAD9A24BBO2Hear their signature song, How High the Moon on YouTube.

Wow... can't say I was too familiar with him, but even I've heard of a Gibson Les Paul.

I heard them talking about him on our nearest NPR station and wondered if he'd passed away. He was a very, very talented man.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
You kids probably have no idea who Les Paul was

I don't remember him, but jeepers, I didn't feel anything like a kid today when I got up!!!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
You don't know who Les Paul was? Well, without Les Paul, there would be no rock 'n' roll

Hmmm...he doesn't look like Elvis or Michael!?!?!?

Oh, KG is going to thump the smartie pants Baychef now!!!

Actually, my BF plays electric guitar but has not take a lesson so he just plays as he hears it (yeah...you get the idea:yuck:)

And usually decides to "go into his concert mode" about the time it is good for me to get on the phone and book parties. (At least this is my excuse and I am sticking to it!!!)

He has almost had the electric guitar become a permanent fixture in his backside a few times!!:D:angel:

baychef said:
Hmmm...he doesn't look like Elvis or Michael!?!?!?

Oh, KG is going to thump the smartie pants Baychef now!!!

Nor anything like Mary Ford.

Thank goodness!

Follow the link to YouTube and listen to that version of How High the Moon. I remember hearing that as a kid and always wondered how one guy could play one guitar to make that sound, and how Mary Ford could sing harmony with herself. He was a genius, and reports are that he was also an all-around nice guy. He was still playing in New York clubs!

Oh my goodness, did anyone hear how the nightly news butchered the work Waukesha?!?!?!

No. That's only one reason I don't watch any of those "journalists."(Edward R. Murrow has to be spinning in his grave.)

What is "Remembering Les Paul: The Man Who Revolutionized Rock 'n' Roll"?

"Remembering Les Paul: The Man Who Revolutionized Rock 'n' Roll" is a special event that celebrates the life and legacy of Les Paul, a legendary musician and inventor who played a major role in shaping the sound of rock 'n' roll. It is a tribute to his contributions and impact on the music industry.

When and where is "Remembering Les Paul: The Man Who Revolutionized Rock 'n' Roll" taking place?

The event is taking place on August 12th at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, Ohio. Doors open at 7pm and the event starts at 8pm.

Who will be performing at "Remembering Les Paul: The Man Who Revolutionized Rock 'n' Roll"?

The event will feature performances by renowned musicians and artists who have been influenced by Les Paul, including Joe Bonamassa, Warren Haynes, and Steve Vai. There will also be special guest appearances and tributes throughout the night.

How can I purchase tickets for "Remembering Les Paul: The Man Who Revolutionized Rock 'n' Roll"?

Tickets can be purchased online through the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's website or at the box office. Prices range from $25-$50, with VIP packages available for $150.

Is "Remembering Les Paul: The Man Who Revolutionized Rock 'n' Roll" a fundraising event?

Yes, a portion of the proceeds from the event will go towards the Les Paul Foundation, which supports music education, engineering, and innovation programs. It is a great opportunity to honor Les Paul's legacy while also giving back to a worthy cause.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Back