• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Many Lemons are Needed to Produce One Cup of Lemon Juice?

In summary, the best way to extract juice from lemons is to roll them on a hard surface, cut them in half, and use a juicer or reamer. On average, you will need 4-5 lemons to make 1 cup of juice, but it's always good to have extra. Bottled lemon juice is not recommended as a substitute for fresh lemons, and leftover lemon juice can be frozen for later use or used in various recipes.
janezapchef
Gold Member
Anyone know?? I'm puting together a basket for a charity raffle, and it's going to be a lemonade kit. It'll be the quick-stir pitcher, citrus press, 1 prep bowl filled with sugar, a dots microfiber towel and lemons. I have a recipe for homemade lemonade (from the lemon juice bottle) that calls for 1 c. of lemon juice. Just wondering how many lemons that would be.
TIA!

If you use the citrus press, you can get almost 1/4 cup of juice from a lemon. So, I'd say 5-6 just to be safe. Don't wanna give the people less juice than needed!That's a very cute idea, btw.

Thanks, Keith!

Hi there! As a Pampered Chef consultant, I am happy to help with your lemonade kit for the charity raffle. Based on the information provided, 1 cup of lemon juice typically requires about 4-6 lemons, depending on their size and juiciness. I would recommend using 5 lemons to ensure you have enough juice for the recipe. Let me know if you have any other questions and good luck with your raffle!

What is the best way to extract juice from lemons?

The best way to extract juice from lemons is to roll them on a hard surface to soften them, cut them in half, and use a lemon juicer or reamer to squeeze out the juice. You can also use a fork to press out the juice or simply squeeze the lemon with your hands.

How many lemons do I need to make 1 cup of juice?

On average, you will need about 4-5 lemons to make 1 cup of juice. However, this can vary depending on the size and juiciness of the lemons. It's always a good idea to have a few extra lemons on hand, just in case.

Can I substitute bottled lemon juice for fresh lemons?

While bottled lemon juice may be convenient, it is not recommended as a substitute for fresh lemons. Bottled lemon juice often contains preservatives and has a different flavor profile than fresh lemons, which can affect the taste of your dish. Fresh lemons will always provide the best results.

Can I freeze lemon juice?

Yes, you can freeze lemon juice for later use. Simply pour the juice into ice cube trays and freeze until solid. Once frozen, transfer the lemon juice cubes to a freezer-safe bag or container. Lemon juice can be stored in the freezer for up to 4-6 months.

What can I do with leftover lemon juice?

There are many ways to use leftover lemon juice. You can use it to make lemonade, add it to marinades or salad dressings, use it to brighten up soups or stews, or even make lemon curd. You can also freeze the leftover juice for later use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• flemings99
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • Pamperedhrcant