• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How do you use the scorer on a lemon zester?

In summary, a lemon zester/scorer is a kitchen tool used to remove zest from citrus fruits, create garnishes, and score fruits for juicing. To use it, hold the tool at a 45-degree angle and gently scrape the fruit's surface. It can also be used on other fruits and vegetables, and is typically dishwasher safe. To clean it, rinse under hot water and use a brush to remove any residue.
kcjodih
Gold Member
How on earth do you use the 'scorer' part of the lemon zester/scorer? I totally understand the zesting part but have no clue about the scorer! I just never use that part of it but now my host (who's turning into a nightmare - no hydro, must be dessert, no peanut or nuts) has asked me to bring mine and show her how to use it!! Anyone want to come with me? LOL

Do you drag it SIDEways along the carrot for an example? Or DOWNwards? It looks in the catelog like you drag it sideways but I'm not sure! I went on CC and read the PIG but it just explains the uses, cross selling etc and not HOW to use it!

Hold it like you're zesting and then turn it face up and sideways. You can drag the scorer part over something such as lemon peel and get a long strip. Then you make a joke that Martha Stewart could crochet it into an afgan.

Does anyone know why Pampered Chef retired the Zester/Scorer? I wanted to use it at a party and just discovered that we don't sell it anymore.

1. What is a lemon zester/scorer used for?

A lemon zester/scorer is a kitchen tool used to remove the thin, flavorful layer of zest from citrus fruits, such as lemons, limes, and oranges. It can also be used to create decorative garnishes or to score the fruit for juicing.

2. How do I use a lemon zester/scorer?

To use a lemon zester/scorer, hold the tool at a 45-degree angle and gently scrape the surface of the fruit, moving the tool in a back and forth motion. Be careful not to press too hard, as this can remove the bitter pith underneath the zest. For scoring, simply press the tool into the fruit and twist to create shallow cuts.

3. Can a lemon zester/scorer be used on other fruits and vegetables?

Yes, a lemon zester/scorer can be used on a variety of fruits and vegetables, such as lime, orange, grapefruit, and even harder root vegetables like ginger and garlic. It can also be used to create chocolate shavings or to grate hard cheeses.

4. Is a lemon zester/scorer dishwasher safe?

Most lemon zester/scorers are dishwasher safe, but it is always best to check the manufacturer's instructions. Some may recommend hand-washing to prolong the life of the tool.

5. How do I clean a lemon zester/scorer?

To clean a lemon zester/scorer, simply rinse it under hot water and use a scrub brush or toothbrush to remove any lingering bits of zest. For tougher stains, you can soak the tool in warm, soapy water before rinsing and drying thoroughly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie50
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
AnnieBee
  • ms_twana