• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lemon Sprinkle Magic: A Co-Worker's B-Day Cake

sorry for the inconvenience!...thanks!Bobbi - I will post the recipe - maybe tomorrow? It's funny, because I got the recipe from someplace else, and the name of it is "Becky's Famous Lemon Bread"....but it's not me. That was the name of it when it was given to me. :DIt is really yummy though. My little guy LOVES it!Oh please do share! I LOVE Lemon Poppyseed cake....I have a good one too, need to dig it up.Oh please do share! I LOVE Lemon Poppyseed cake....I have a good one too, need to dig it up.
cewcooks
I did not see a post about this so I have to share how I used the sprinkle, I make a cake for a co workers b day, I put some in the batter, and ontop of the icing and everyone loved it, they asked for the icing recipe and all I did was add the lemon sprinkle and they thought it was homemade....

next I will be trying those lemon drop cookies!

Nice idea!! Thanks for sharing!

Nice...thanks! Think I'll use the frosting tip over lemon poppyseed cake!

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Nice...thanks! Think I'll use the frosting tip over lemon poppyseed cake!

Mmmmm - I have a great recipe for a lemon poppyseed bread w/ a lemon glaze. I bet the lemon sprinkle would be wonderful on top of it!

ChefBeckyD said:
Mmmmm - I have a great recipe for a lemon poppyseed bread w/ a lemon glaze. I bet the lemon sprinkle would be wonderful on top of it!

Make sure you share that recipe sometime you have a free moment! I'm trying to find recipes for these sprinkles and sauces, and that sounds delicious!

esavvymom said:
Make sure you share that recipe sometime you have a free moment! I'm trying to find recipes for these sprinkles and sauces, and that sounds delicious!

Bobbi - I'll post the recipe - maybe tomorrow? It's funny, because I got the recipe from someplace else, and the name of it is "Becky's Famous Lemon Bread"....but it's not me. That was the name of it when it was given to me. :D

It is really yummy though. My little guy LOVES it!

Oh please do share! I LOVE Lemon Poppyseed cake....I have a good one too, need to dig it up.

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Oh please do share! I LOVE Lemon Poppyseed cake....I have a good one too, need to dig it up.

When you say cake - is that the same as bread? Do you make it in a loaf pan, or as an actual cake? Mine is like a Tea Bread - so maybe we need to share both recipes! :D

Mine is for Poppy Seed Cake....perfect for our fluted pan. We had this every Saturday night, at the Rectory, while in High School. It was loved by everyone that it was the star recipe in a collaborative cookbook. Here's the recipe, from Rectory Recipes - St. Paul's School:

Serves 24

1 Yellow Cake Mix, plain
1 Vanilla instant pudding mix
1/3 c. Poppy seeds
1 c. Sour Cream
1/2 c. Cream Sherry
1/2 c. Oil
4 eggs
Confectioner's sugar

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Grease and flour 1 bundt pan. Mix together eggs, sherry, sour cream and oil in mixer bowl. Add cake mix, pudding and poppy seeds. Blend well for 2 minutes. Pour into prepared cake pan and bake 70 to 80 minutes or until done (pulls away from sides of pan). Unmold on rack. Cool completely. Cut into 24 slices, the dust with confectioner's sugar.

I'm going to play with this and see if I can make it a micro cake....hope you love it as much as I remember loving it. :D

Laurie - Ok...maybe a dumb question but what is Cream Sherry?

esavvymom said:
Laurie - Ok...maybe a dumb question but what is Cream Sherry?

Bobbi - it's a sweet sherry wine...nicer flavor than the basic cooking sherry. :)

I do an apple muffin with a cream cheese frosting. I have used the caramel and cinnamon sprinkles in the cream cheese frosting to boost the flavor. If I make a lemon muffin, that same cream cheese frosting with the lemon sprinkles will make them really pop! And no, I will not use the apple sprinkles in the frosting with the apple muffins. To much apple! Maybe for a spice cake though! I think Cream Sherry is a smoother tasting sherry. It would be like comparing Coke to Vanilla Coke. It gets a smoother, sweeter taste with the addition of something. Or like Tequila compared to tequila Rose.

I would love to have the apple recipe and the recipe for the lemon drop cookies! If you could email them to me at [email protected] that would be GREAT!

Thanks!

I would love to have the apple recipe and the recipe for the lemon drop cookies! If you could email them to me at that would be GREAT!

This is not the thread to open and read when you're already hungry! I am going to make the cake recipe this week...and the bread one as well....as I know Becky will get it posted. ;)

Sooooo... any chance you could just cut and paste those recipes into this thread or a new one? I'd love them too! :) or if you have time [email protected]
Thanks!

Does anyone else's lemon sprinkle smell odd? My husband and dad think mine smells like saw dust. doesn't have a great smell to it and it also really doesn't taste like much.

Was disappointed b/c all the other sprinkles smell so yummy.

does anyone know what the shelf life is for the sprinkles? I looked and unless I missed it, did not see an expiration date but went to use my cinnamon sprinkles but they did not smell good so I threw them out. thanks.

What is "Lemon Sprinkle Magic: A Co-Worker's B-Day Cake"?

"Lemon Sprinkle Magic: A Co-Worker's B-Day Cake" is a delicious and refreshing cake recipe created by Pampered Chef specifically for celebrating a co-worker's birthday. It features a light and airy lemon cake with a sprinkle-filled filling and frosting.

Can I customize the recipe for dietary restrictions or preferences?

Yes, the recipe can be easily adapted to fit dietary restrictions or preferences. You can substitute ingredients such as using gluten-free flour or dairy-free milk. You can also adjust the amount of sugar to your liking. Just make sure to follow the recommended ingredient substitutions guide provided by Pampered Chef.

How long does it take to make this cake?

The total time to make "Lemon Sprinkle Magic: A Co-Worker's B-Day Cake" is approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes. This includes prep time, baking time, and cooling time. It is recommended to plan accordingly and allow enough time to properly cool the cake before adding the frosting.

Can I make this cake in advance?

Yes, you can make this cake in advance. The cake can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days before serving. However, it is best to add the frosting right before serving to ensure freshness and the perfect texture.

Can I purchase the sprinkles used in this recipe from Pampered Chef?

Yes, you can purchase the sprinkles used in this recipe from Pampered Chef. They are called "Party Sprinkles" and can be found on our website or through a Pampered Chef consultant. These sprinkles are perfect for adding a fun and festive touch to any dessert.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
abaker1
  • cmdtrgd
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies