• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do I Adjust Cooking Times When Doubling a Lemon Pesto Chicken Recipe?

In summary, if you are doubling the recipe for Lemon Pesto Chicken, the cooking times should only vary slightly. It is recommended to use a meat thermometer to ensure the chicken is cooked through. The cooking method (microwave or oven) is up to personal preference, with the oven resulting in a crispier texture. In the oven, the chicken should take 20-25 minutes at 375 degrees, while in the microwave it may only take 5-6 minutes on high power.
mmilus
Gold Member
I am planning to make the Lemon Pesto Chicken tonight for friends that are coming over for dinner. However, I need double the recipe. Should I adjust the cooking times for this? I purchased the thinly sliced chicken tenderloins to use but am just not sure how long to allow for it to cook in the microwave. I've wondered about doing this one in the oven instead of the microwave but have not idea at all :confused: how long to cook it for. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Marci

I think the same cooking times would be about the same. I chopped my chicken into little bites whenever I do it for a show. Maybe that'll help with cooktimes

I know it's a bit late for your dinner tonight, but I think that if you are doing it in the microwave, and the chicken are touching too much or really tight, as doubling a recipe can do in the DCB, you may have to move them around a bit, or increase the time some...but not necessarily double. Best thing is having the thermometer to check temps.

Thanks, Zee and Bobbi - I wound up almost doubling the times AND moving it more frequently but it worked out great and everybody loved it. Have a beautiful Sunday!

,Hi Marci,It's great that you're planning to make the Lemon Pesto Chicken for your friends tonight! I'm sure they will love it. As for doubling the recipe, you can definitely do that. The cooking times may vary slightly, but not by much. I would suggest keeping an eye on the chicken and checking for doneness with a meat thermometer. As for using the microwave vs. the oven, it's really up to your preference. The oven will give you a more crispy and evenly cooked chicken, while the microwave may result in a slightly softer texture. In the oven, the chicken should take about 20-25 minutes at 375 degrees, while in the microwave, it may take 5-6 minutes on high power. I hope this helps and let me know if you have any other questions. Happy cooking!Best,

Pampered Chef Consultant

1. How do I make lemon pesto chicken with Pampered Chef products?

To make lemon pesto chicken with Pampered Chef products, you will need the Garlic & Brie baker and the Manual Food Processor. Preheat your oven to 375°F. Place chicken breasts in the Garlic & Brie baker and bake for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, use the Manual Food Processor to blend together pesto, lemon juice, and olive oil. Pour the mixture over the chicken and continue baking for an additional 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.

2. Can I use store-bought pesto for this recipe?

Yes, you can use store-bought pesto for this recipe. However, we recommend using our Garlic & Herb Pesto Mix for a fresher and more flavorful taste.

3. How can I make this recipe vegetarian-friendly?

You can easily make this recipe vegetarian-friendly by substituting the chicken with tofu or your favorite plant-based protein. You can also omit the chicken altogether and just bake the pesto mixture in the Garlic & Brie baker for a delicious lemon pesto dip.

4. Can I freeze the leftovers?

Yes, you can freeze the leftovers of this lemon pesto chicken recipe. Simply store the chicken in an airtight container or freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator before reheating.

5. Can I use a different type of meat for this recipe?

Absolutely! While chicken is the most commonly used protein for this recipe, you can also use pork or fish. Adjust the cooking time accordingly depending on the type of meat you choose.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • donnathepamperedchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jbdowd0798
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies