• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you ever tried making Lemon/Key Lime Squares?

In summary, to make Lemon/Key Lime Squares, you will need all-purpose flour, powdered sugar, butter, eggs, granulated sugar, lemon juice, key lime juice, baking powder, salt, lemon zest, and key lime zest. To make them, mix the dry ingredients with softened butter, press into a baking dish, bake, then pour a mixture of eggs, sugar, juices, and zest over the crust and bake again. You can use just lemons or key limes, and you can substitute all-purpose flour with a gluten-free blend. Leftover squares can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or frozen for a month.
n8vtxn
I had an idea the other day that I thought I'd share - although I must admit I haven't tried it yet. My idea is to take the pink lemonade squares, double the crust and bake in a stoneware bar pan. Make the pink lemonade recipe as written and fill half the bar pan. Then use the same ingredients except substitute limeade for pink lemonade and green food coloring for red and fill the other half of the pan. Then decorate with cool whip as usual. I think it would make for a very interesting double dessert and the flavors would probably compliment each other very well. Plus, with the red, green, and white, it might look very festive, even if the flavor is more summery.

Anyway, just an idea...

Leesa

That sounds like a really fun and creative idea, Leesa! I love the idea of combining pink lemonade and limeade flavors in one dessert. I can imagine the colors and flavors would work really well together. Plus, using a stoneware bar pan would give it a nice presentation. I might have to try this out for my next summer party. Thanks for sharing your idea!

Wow, that sounds like a delicious and creative idea! I haven't tried making Lemon/Key Lime Squares before, but your suggestion definitely has me intrigued. The combination of pink lemonade and limeade with a festive touch of green food coloring sounds like the perfect summer treat. I love the idea of using a stoneware bar pan for a thicker crust and doubling the recipe to create a double dessert. I can only imagine how refreshing and tasty this dessert would be with a dollop of cool whip on top. Thank you for sharing your idea and I will definitely give it a try at my next cooking demonstration!

What ingredients do I need to make Lemon/Key Lime Squares?

To make Lemon/Key Lime Squares, you will need:

• 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • 3/4 cup butter, softened
  • 3 eggs
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • 1/4 cup key lime juice
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon lemon zest
  • 1 tablespoon key lime zest

How do I make Lemon/Key Lime Squares?

To make Lemon/Key Lime Squares, follow these steps:

1. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, powdered sugar, and softened butter. Mix until well combined and crumbly.
  2. Press the mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
  3. In a separate mixing bowl, beat the eggs, granulated sugar, lemon juice, key lime juice, baking powder, salt, and lemon and key lime zest until well combined.
  4. Pour the mixture over the baked crust and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
  5. Let cool before cutting into squares and serving.

Can I use just lemons or key limes instead of both?

Yes, you can use just lemons or just key limes in this recipe. Adjust the amount of juice and zest accordingly to your preference.

Can I substitute the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free flour?

Yes, you can substitute the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free flour blend. Just make sure to check the instructions on the flour blend for any adjustments to the amount needed.

How should I store leftover Lemon/Key Lime Squares?

Leftover Lemon/Key Lime Squares can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can also freeze them for up to a month. Just make sure to thaw them in the refrigerator before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • JAE
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • babywings76