• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Lemon Cherry Crumble Cake Recipe - Try it Today!

In summary, a group of people have tried a lemon cake recipe using various substitutions for the filling, such as jam or other fruit fillings. Some have enjoyed the intense lemon flavor, while others found it too zesty. The recipe is available on the Pampered Chef website and in their current Season's Best catalog. Some have had success with swapping the filling for different fruits. It is important to not overcook the cake to avoid dryness.
cochef
Gold Member
Made this last night - YUM. Has anyone tried using a lemon cake mix instead of adding the zest and juice to a yellow mix? I couldn't find the cake filling so I did the jam thing and it seemed to work fine.

I made it at a party last week -- they loved it! What they loved was the intense lemon flavor from the fresh lemon. I had to hunt for the filling stuff. Its right above the pie filling in my store but in a can half that size. I love that PC recipes introduces me to new ingreds I've never tried before!

Sandi

Made this at my last team meeting, used jam and corn starch cuz couldn't find the filling. YUMMMM. Great show recipe for a quick dessert as long as you do the crumb topping beforehand.

Funny, myself and another Director made it last night (just because) and neither one of us liked it...well it was 'ok' but nothing I would make again. I find all DCB cakes to be dry...if it wasn't for ice cream with it, you'd have to choke it down (IMO). Very zesty too if that's your thing.

Where do we find this recipe? I tried the files search and nothing came up. Thanks

It is in the current Season's Best. I made it but swapped the cherry filling for blueberry and it was a hit! I am not one that loves lemon and I love this cake!

I made it with raspberry filling. YUM!

Melissa78 said:
Funny, myself and another Director made it last night (just because) and neither one of us liked it...well it was 'ok' but nothing I would make again. I find all DCB cakes to be dry...if it wasn't for ice cream with it, you'd have to choke it down (IMO). Very zesty too if that's your thing.

are you cooking them too long? that could be the reason for the dryness.

1. What ingredients do I need to make Lemon Cherry Crumble Cake?

To make Lemon Cherry Crumble Cake, you will need:

• 1 box of yellow cake mix
  • 1/2 cup of melted butter
  • 1 can of cherry pie filling
  • 1/4 cup of lemon juice
  • 1/4 cup of water
  • 1/2 cup of chopped pecans
  • 1/2 cup of rolled oats
  • 1/4 cup of brown sugar

2. Can I use a different type of fruit instead of cherries?

Yes, you can use any type of fruit pie filling that you prefer. Some popular alternatives to cherry include apple, peach, or blueberry. Just make sure to adjust the amount of lemon juice accordingly to complement the flavor of the fruit.

3. Can I use a different type of cake mix instead of yellow cake mix?

Yes, you can use a white cake mix or a lemon cake mix for a stronger lemon flavor. However, the texture and taste of the cake may be slightly different than using a yellow cake mix.

4. Do I need to refrigerate the cake after baking?

It is recommended to refrigerate the cake after baking, especially if you live in a warm climate. This will help keep the fruit filling fresh and prevent the cake from spoiling quickly. You can also warm up individual slices in the microwave before serving.

5. Can I make this cake ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the cake ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Just make sure to cover it tightly with plastic wrap or foil to keep it fresh. You can also freeze the cake for longer storage, but it is best to wrap it well in plastic wrap and foil before placing it in the freezer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• frozenchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • redsoxgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
redsoxgirl
Replies