• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some creative ways to use lemon cake mixes?

At Conference 3 we each received 5 Lemon Cake Mixes. Any ideas for using these aside from just making them as the instructions suggest? They definately had a run on lemon cake - although at Conference 1 - we only received 2 boxes a piece!! I guess we'll all have to be creative:)
lkspeir
At Conference 3 we each received 5 Lemon Cake Mixes. Any ideas for using these aside from just making them as the instructions suggest?

They definately had a run on lemon cake - although at Conference 1 - we only received 2 boxes a piece!! I guess we'll all have to be creative:)

Gina Miller

They would make good door prizes, but I'd like to put a recipe with it. Maybe someone will post a suggestion.

They are good made in the Deluxe Mini Muffin pan. You just dip the little cake in the frosting. Not very creative, but a good idea none the less. (I cannot take credit for it though)

I didn't sell any of those cake mixes, but when I made them for special occasions, everyone loved them. Make one for your next church gathering. I loved the chocolate one. I have one of those left in my pantry.

I'll try it in the deluxe mini pan - maybe with a lemon glaze.

there's a recipe in one of the old season's best- s/s 2004

It's called sunshine citrus torte and it's GOOD!!!

I am waiting to gt my silicone flowre cupcake pan...i think lemon flowers will be cute!

lkspeir said:
At Conference 3 we each received 5 Lemon Cake Mixes. Any ideas for using these aside from just making them as the instructions suggest?

My SIL passed this recipe along to me yesterday.

1 lemon cake mix
1 egg
1 container of Cool Whip

Mix ingredients and then form into balls. Roll the balls in powdered sugar and bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.

She said these were light and delicious.

Funny how things are different for each wave. Wave 2 we got a paper that said we could have 2, but when I went up to the table they said take as many as you want, so I took like 8. It's perfect for when I supply the dessert!

I guess that is one advantage of attending wave 3... by the end of the third day, they were giving away cases. I took a couple of boxes plus had a case shipped home. (I did have to pay for that, but it still worked out to less than a dollar a box, so I felt it was a great deal.)

I am mostly going to give mine as hostess gifts for the holiday season. It'll be an incentive for people to book. I might give a lemon cake to my UPS driver too! He is delivering 14 boxes to me on Monday!

Love+
Rachel

I was wave three where they were basically begging us to take it all...i though i was being smart & saving $$ by putting it all i nmy suitcase instead of shipping it right from conference...well at the airport they charged me $50 extra for having a suicase that weighed 84lbs - LOL
Oops - a hard lesson learned.

LOL!!! Oops.

Hi Carolyn!! =))

tart panMy husband's aunt made the cake mix in the tart pan. I was really tasty and pretty too.

ChefLoriG said:
LOL!!! Oops.

Hi Carolyn!! =))

::::waving:::::
Hey Lori!!
Hubby and I were talking about you guys the night/morning we flew home. We had an 8pm flight out of O'Hare that got delayed and we didn't get home - into our own house - until 5am. As we're drifting off to sleep (and the sun is coming up) my husband rolls over & says (and I quote) "$#%!*%!* Andrea and her @#*%@#& cluster have probably been home for hours by now...and they @#^*@#* drove!!! I hate her."
LOLOL

I tried the recipeI tried the cake recipe as directed above. 1lemon cake mix 1 egg and 1 container of cool whip. They did not turn out so good they were chewey and did not come off my stone in one piece. Am I missing and ingedient or something. I would like to try again. I used the small cool whip was I suppose to use the bigger one? I was in wave three so I have plenty of cake mixes to try with LOL!!!:)

I got 16 boxes!I was in Wave 3 as well and considered getting more boxes, but I didn't want to carry or ship them back! I will be giving them out as hostess gifts/door prizes at my shows! :D

Lemon Cake MixesLemon Sheet Cake

INGREDIENTS

1 package (18-1/4 ounces) lemon cake mix

4 eggs

1 can (15-3/4 ounces) lemon pie filling

1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened

1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened

2 cups confectioners' sugar

1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS

In a large mixing bowl, beat the cake mix and eggs until well blended. Fold in pie filling. Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Spread over cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 30-35 servings.

I've made this for parties and got good remarks on it.
I freeze my cake mixes. When there on sale I box 10 to 15 boxes.:) :) :)

dannyzmom said:
I am waiting to gt my silicone flowre cupcake pan...i think lemon flowers will be cute!

Meeeeee too! That's exactly what I was thinking!

I know what you mean!
dannyzmom said:
i though i was being smart & saving $$ by putting it all i nmy suitcase instead of shipping it right from conference...well at the airport they charged me $50 extra for having a suicase that weighed 84lbs - LOL
Oops - a hard lesson learned.

Mine was 5.5 lbs over.. not alot but I took out 3 boxes and there were 3 attendants there. They asked what I was doing w/ the boxes and I said would you like them.. they were very happy and I gave them a catalog.. not enough time to get their info. Oh well.. I tried! lol Next year I'll have to take more and have it shipped directly home!

I got lucky, I was 1lb under. Good thing I didn't bring my lrg suitcase otherwise I would have been way over. All those empowering women weighed a lot!

Lucky you!I'm so jealous that you got Lemon Cake mixes! I was unable to go to conference and they were my favorite! I was so sad when they were discontinued! I just emailed home office to see if I can purchase any. Think they'll say yes?

I tried to get my husband to take a case of the mix. He thought the cost of shipping them would be too much. I was in Wave 1. At our Exec dinner they gave us each 2 boxes then after the final general session there was a table set out with people handing them out. At first they were only giving them to a few people and only 2 boxes each, but by the time I left McCormick they were begging us to take some. I left conference with 5 boxes and wish I had gotten more. Oh well!

Amy, where in NJ are you?

AJPratt said:
Amy, where in NJ are you?

Shamong...right up 206 from Hammonton!

OMG!:eek: My boss lives in Shamong!

Are you new to PC? Is your director close?

Imho.....:rolleyes: I think the tile paper napkins will be the lemon cake mix of next years conference :rolleyes: (I just can't imagine anyone paying that much for 20 paper napkins...maybe I'm wrong!)

ChefBeckyD said:
:rolleyes: I think the tile paper napkins will be the lemon cake mix of next years conference :rolleyes: (I just can't imagine anyone paying that much for 20 paper napkins...maybe I'm wrong!)

Well, at least they'll be cheaper to ship home - bahahaha
::::spoken by the gal who had to shell out an extra $50 at O'Hare 'cuz my luggage weighed 84lbs:::::::

AJPratt said:
OMG!:eek: My boss lives in Shamong!

Are you new to PC? Is your director close?

I started with PC last November. My recruiter is from Florence and my director is all the way in Wrightstown by Great Adventure. Kind of a hike to cluster meetings!

Would they work in the rice cooker for a microwave cake??????? I have like 12 boxes I was in Wave 3 confernce... they gave them away at all cost!!!!

jenf said:
My SIL passed this recipe along to me yesterday.

1 lemon cake mix
1 egg
1 container of Cool Whip

Mix ingredients and then form into balls. Roll the balls in powdered sugar and bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.

She said these were light and delicious.
That sounds soooo good and very easy too :)

I used one of my boxes last night with my new Silicone Flower Cupcake Pan and made lemon flower cupcakes that were delicious and adorable!

pamperedalf said:
I got lucky, I was 1lb under. Good thing I didn't bring my lrg suitcase otherwise I would have been way over. All those empowering women weighed a lot!

I guess I was the unluckly one... I paid overage going and coming....so I gave United airlines a total of 100.00 extra dollars.... that royaly bites... NExt year my small suit case is coming and I shipping as much as I can HOME!!!

lemon cake with blueberry fillingI made one in the Springform Pan, test with cake tester as it was done in 45 minutes. Cool, then release and take off pan. Slice horizontally in half. Fill with homemade blueberry sauce, (I made mine in the microwave using the BB)or use canned pie filling. Top with other cake half and put glaze over top & garnish with fresh blueberries. Serve with Cool Whip.
Sharyn

Sharyn ND said:
I made one in the Springform Pan, test with cake tester as it was done in 45 minutes. Cool, then release and take off pan. Slice horizontally in half. Fill with homemade blueberry sauce, (I made mine in the microwave using the BB)or use canned pie filling. Top with other cake half and put glaze over top & garnish with fresh blueberries. Serve with Cool Whip.
Sharyn

That sounds absolutely wonderful.......I'm going to try this! I LOVE blueberries and lemon together!
I made lemon cupcakes with the new silicone baker - and they were so pretty! One tip - instead of drizzling the glaze over the top, Dip the tops into the glaze - easier and less glaze is wasted.
Funny story about my cupcakes - I made them for a Pool Party with friends - thinking that the women/girls would like them - and it was the men/boys who gobbled them up! I guess men like "pretty" too! (or they just don't care what it looks like as long as it's food!)

dannyzmom said:
I used one of my boxes last night with my new Silicone Flower Cupcake Pan and made lemon flower cupcakes that were delicious and adorable!

Do you remember how long you baked them?

Wow! I attended Wave 1 too......crossing my fingers for wave 3 next year!

Although I have to say....Conference was so awesome! I had such a great time! Of course, it could have been horrible and my 5 day vacation away from the 4 little ones would have been worth it anyway!!! LOL

You would think from some of my posts that I am a terrible mom! I really do love my kids.....

susiescookingcorner said:
Wow! I attended Wave 1 too......crossing my fingers for wave 3 next year!

Although I have to say....Conference was so awesome! I had such a great time! Of course, it could have been horrible and my 5 day vacation away from the 4 little ones would have been worth it anyway!!! LOL

You would think from some of my posts that I am a terrible mom! I really do love my kids.....

Of course you do, and I've been told that to be a good Mom, time away for yourself is important, too!

dannyzmom said:

How long did you bake them??? I am ready to pop a batch in the oven now. I was going to use the mini muff - but now I think I will use the silicone flower...
Did you spray the silicone with Pam???

Harrle said:
How long did you bake them??? I am ready to pop a batch in the oven now. I was going to use the mini muff - but now I think I will use the silicone flower...
Did you spray the silicone with Pam???

OMG it was so long ago I don't even remember - just keep an eye on them...yes, I used PAM

dannyzmom said:
OMG it was so long ago I don't even remember - just keep an eye on them...yes, I used PAM

Thanks - I'll watch them and try to remember to come back and post the time I baked them.

I'm wondering how they'd work in a trifle. Hmm. Lemon cake, lemon curd mixed with whipped topping (or vanilla or white chocolate pudding), blueberries, repeat. Getting hungry.

raebates said:
I'm wondering how they'd work in a trifle. Hmm. Lemon cake, lemon curd mixed with whipped topping (or vanilla or white chocolate pudding), blueberries, repeat. Getting hungry.
yummy! Too bad we are so far apart, I'd come over and help you eat it!

did you try the cake box cookies? My DH loves the lemon ones.

ChefBeckyD said:
:rolleyes: I think the tile paper napkins will be the lemon cake mix of next years conference :rolleyes: (I just can't imagine anyone paying that much for 20 paper napkins...maybe I'm wrong!)

Maybe not but they would make cute door prizes or host gifts (not alone), especially if she likes the tiles.

Chef Diane said:
did you try the cake box cookies? My DH loves the lemon ones.

Where do I find the recipe for those? They do sound nummy!

In the silicone flower pan...

325 for ~25 minutes. I would start checking them after 20.

Have you ever done any cake balls? (aka Lush Puppies ~ cake balls just dont sound as appetizing right?!)

Bake the lemon cake as instructed. Cool and scoop it out all willy nilly like into a bowl. Add 1/2 to a full tub of the ready frosting (the vanilla is my favorite with the lemon cake). Mix it all together until it clumps together. Take your small scoop, and make little balls with the cake mix. (if your cake comes apart, try more frosting). Put them in the freezer for about an hour or so to freeze up.

Melt some white almond bark (whole pkg) with a touch of shortening in it (less than a Tbsp.) until melted in your micro cooker. Check it every 30 seconds until it is melted completely. Dip each ball into the almond bark and set aside. It hardens fast... but I am telling you what.. they are addicting!

If you wanted to sprinkle them with anything (sprinkles, colored sugar, zest) do so right after dipping each one... they "dry" fast.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies
Views
Christine Moore
  • ivykeep
  • Products and Tips
Replies