• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Leaving Messages: How Many is Too Many?

In summary, the conversation was about making phone calls to potential customers and asking how many messages to leave before giving up. The expert suggested leaving short and enticing messages and calling until the person says no. They also mentioned adding people to an email newsletter list and following up a few times before switching to monthly calls. Another tip was to use a system for following up, such as the one suggested by Julie Ann Jones.
ChefJen2012
I have been going down a list I got at a vendor show and making my phone calls. My question is, how many messages do you leave before you give up? I'm up to two, but I don't know how long to keep it up. I usually end each message with "I'll call you back on ------ evening, but please feel free to contact me at..." When should I stop calling back and should I say that in a message?

Are you giving them a reason to call you back? I never leave a detailed message. My message is short and just enough to entice interest. For example, everyone who fills out a drawing slip at my vendor events is a winner. I choose one big winner for the raffle and everyone else wins a free cooking show.

So, when I call back and have to leave a message, I say something like this... "Hi Jane! It's Melissa from the Pampered Chef. We met at the Women's Club Fair this weekend. I'm calling about my raffle prize drawing. Call me back when you have a moment."

I do the same conversation starter if they do get on the phone too!

They may not be happy that they didn't win the "big" prize but it gets them on the phone. And, really (in my opinion) the free cooking show is bigger than any product I'd give away because they can get way more for free!

I've been making calls from a bridal show, so these are the people who didn't come by the booth, just calling from the list. I guess two messages is enough, right? Maybe an email and let it go after that?

Yes- send an email and add them to your email newsletter list and then Bless and Release.

ChefJen2012 said:
I've been making calls from a bridal show, so these are the people who didn't come by the booth, just calling from the list. I guess two messages is enough, right? Maybe an email and let it go after that?
Yes, if you have not had a conversation where they indicated they'd be interested in having a party, two and out is an okay approach. On the other hand, when you have information that a person indicates they'd be interested in party you call until they tell you no. That could be two times or twenty. Keep calling.

If you know they didn't stop at your booth because you have them in with your entries they know they didn't enter, so what would you say to them?

Here is a a link to a previous thread about Julie Ann Jones system for following up. I wrote down her wording for voicemails and use it often. It is okay to keep calling, in fact, you should. I usually call back a couple days after the first call, and then a week after, and then a few weeks after, and then once a month for a little bit.

Bren706 - there wasn't a link that you referred to.

1. How often should I leave messages when following up with a potential customer?

It is generally recommended to leave a maximum of 2-3 messages when following up with a potential customer. This allows you to express your interest and follow up, without coming across as too pushy or annoying.

2. Is it appropriate to leave multiple messages in one day?

No, it is not appropriate to leave multiple messages in one day. This can be seen as intrusive and may turn off potential customers. It is best to space out your messages and give the person time to respond.

3. Should I leave a message every day until I get a response?

No, it is not necessary to leave a message every day until you get a response. This can be seen as too aggressive and may cause the person to feel pressured. It is best to follow up once or twice and then move on.

4. How long should I wait before leaving a follow-up message?

It is recommended to wait at least 3-5 business days before leaving a follow-up message. This gives the person enough time to respond and also shows that you are respectful of their time.

5. What should I include in my messages to make them effective?

When leaving a message, be sure to include your name, contact information, and a brief reason for why you are reaching out. It is also helpful to mention any previous interactions or connections you may have with the person. Keep your message concise and to the point.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sillylittlechef
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
raebates
  • AMTC
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Suzy Englert