• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximize Savings: Conference Departure Tips and Shuttle Schedule

In summary, there are multiple options for transportation from the conference to the airport, including taking a flight that leaves at 3:55 on Saturday, leaving conference early and taking a cab, or taking a shuttle from the conference to the airport. It is recommended to sit near the exit and be prepared to leave right away to make the flight. Some attendees have had issues with shuttle wait times in the past, so taking a cab may be a better option. However, it is possible to make a 4pm flight if you plan accordingly. There are also shared ride shuttles available from McCormick Place, but it is important to know the scheduled pick-up times and make a reservation if needed.
sandilou
Silver Member
I have found a flight that would save me either driving 4 hours each way to a bigger town for a cheaper ticket or $200 from here, but it leaves at 3:55 on Saturday. Is that do-able? You can leave from conference, right? How soon do the shuttles start leaving?

Thanks!
Sandi

sandilou said:
I have found a flight that would save me either driving 4 hours each way to a bigger town for a cheaper ticket or $200 from here, but it leaves at 3:55 on Saturday. Is that do-able? You can leave from conference, right? How soon do the shuttles start leaving?

Thanks!
Sandi

That's cutting it REALLLLLLLY close. I wouldn't suggest that. If you want to take that flight then you can leave conference early and get a cab.

Bring your luggage to McCormick Place and take a cab from there and you can always leave conference a bit early if needed. Don't go back to the hotels with the shuttles - there will be a ton of people doing that.

I left from conference around 1:30 my first time. I'd suggest leaving later but if it saves you money it's doable.

skaugchef said:
I left from conference around 1:30 my first time. I'd suggest leaving later but if it saves you money it's doable.

They normally pass out the new season CN on the way out of conference and do not give them to anyone early so you might miss out on getting that but otherwise you have to do what you have to do!

BethCooks4U said:
They normally pass out the new season CN on the way out of conference and do not give them to anyone early so you might miss out on getting that but otherwise you have to do what you have to do!

I guess I wasn't THAT early. I did get the new season cn.

On a personal note: If you're planning to leave early, please sit near the exit. In years past I've been frustrated by sizable sections getting up in front of me and leaving while I'm trying to pay attention to what's going on. I understand the need to leave early, but it's terribly disruptive to do that if you're sitting near the front.I realize that this is my own issue. Your opinion may differ.

We had to leave early this past year and missed out on so much. I would recommend you leave later rather than earlier from my experience.

Priscilla

Our flight last year departed O'Hare @ 3:20 and we made it! We stayed for the entire closing session, but sat near the exit and really hustled to the luggage area and hopped on a shuttle. (We DID get the new CN). We knew we'd be in hurry, so we bought the shuttle tix in advance, and made sure we knew EXACTLY what to do before we left the luggage/shuttle area to go to the meetings. PC really had their act together on the shuttles last year and it went very smoothly!

There was one evening last year that my team waited over an hour and a half for a shuttle back to the hotel. It was insane. So if you're going to the airport straight from conference, take a cab rather than a shuttle to the hotel and then a shuttle from the hotel to the airport. That's my $.02!

For the past 2 years, I have done a departing flight between 3-4pm. and never had a problem - even having enough time to grab lunch at the airport. Last year, my flight was delayed until 6pm. I do not like to schedule the last or second last flight out as quite a few times while traveling, those flights have been delayed, cancelled etc....and I have had to stay overnight unplanned. I have booked my flight already and will be departing at 3:10pm on that Saturday. I do take my luggage to McCormack and am on my way by 1:30pm.
Best of luck to you;)

I scheduled a 6:30 PM flight from Midway. The conference ends at 1:00. I will probably just take shuttle from McCormick to airport and then relax, review, rest!

You can make it. Just like the others said be ready to depart right away and definitely sit near the exit. Your talking basically about a 4pm flight. That gives you 3 hrs after conference lets out at 1. You'll be fine.

There are Go Airport Express or other shared ride shuttles directly from McCormick Place. You should find out where they depart. I have had to hoof it across the entire facility to the pick-up area. Find out from the transportation company when their scheduled pick-ups are and if you need a reservation. Or, pay more for a cab or find others to share a cab with you. This is assuming you're flying from Midway. O'Hare is farther from McCormick so will take you longer to get there.

You can also take the public bus from McCormick to the transfer stationa nd then get on the El and go right to midway. I have done this with no trouble and made a 4:20 flight.

What are the dates for Leaving Conference?

The dates for Leaving Conference vary each year, but it typically takes place in July or August. Please check the official Pampered Chef website for the most up-to-date information.

Where is Leaving Conference held?

Leaving Conference is held at different locations each year. In the past, it has been held in various cities across the United States, including Chicago, Nashville, and Las Vegas. The specific location for each year's conference will be announced on the official Pampered Chef website.

Who can attend Leaving Conference?

Leaving Conference is open to all active Pampered Chef consultants, directors, and members of the home office staff. Guests and non-consultants are not permitted to attend.

What is the cost to attend Leaving Conference?

The cost to attend Leaving Conference varies each year and is typically announced in the months leading up to the event. The fee covers conference materials, meals, and some activities. Attendees are responsible for their own travel and lodging expenses.

What can I expect at Leaving Conference?

Leaving Conference is a fun and informative event that includes training sessions, workshops, motivational speakers, and networking opportunities with other Pampered Chef consultants. It is a chance to learn new skills, get inspired, and celebrate the achievements of consultants from all over the country.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • chefann
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
Shawnna
  • jj16