• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discovering the Least Favorite Products from SL's New SA Line

In summary, the favorite products from SL are the herb infuser and the panini spatula. The LEAST favorite products are the BBQ Roasting Pan and the itty bitty bevs.
Intrepid_Chef said:
And I can't see myself making the beer can chicken, especially at a show.
Yeah, this wouldn't be a show recipe product. Beer-butt Chicken (or soda, which is what we use) does not cook that fast. I think when we cook them on the grill, it's at least an hour or more. I really like this pan though- much sturdier than most can-chicken baskets. But not everyone uses stuff like that. :)

esavvymom said:
Yeah, this wouldn't be a show recipe product. Beer-butt Chicken (or soda, which is what we use) does not cook that fast. I think when we cook them on the grill, it's at least an hour or more. I really like this pan though- much sturdier than most can-chicken baskets. But not everyone uses stuff like that. :)

It's one of those products that will sell from the catalog. The pictures are great and people that want that kind of thing will zone right into it.

We've never done chicken thinks way but we will be trying it soon. Not sure if we'll do beer with it though as we never buy canned beer. We'll probably just use the can holder as a prop for the chicken.

BethCooks4U said:
It's one of those products that will sell from the catalog. The pictures are great and people that want that kind of thing will zone right into it.

We've never done chicken thinks way but we will be trying it soon. Not sure if we'll do beer with it though as we never buy canned beer. We'll probably just use the can holder as a prop for the chicken.

I use half a can of sprite. We don't have beer around much either- and almost NEVER in cans. So I pour half the can of sprite into a glass to enjoy while I prep dinner, and the other half stays in the can to go in the Chicken's "po-po".

:)

esavvymom said:
I use half a can of sprite. We don't have beer around much either- and almost NEVER in cans. So I pour half the can of sprite into a glass to enjoy while I prep dinner, and the other half stays in the can to go in the Chicken's "po-po".

:)

We don't use canned soda much either. I guess I'll have to save one next time we do. Lol

And I hate auto spellcheck *thinks was supposed to be this.

My #1 FAV is the Brownie pan. I have one that is non pc and like it but it you need a second pan for a family size brownie mix and you dont use all the wells. Our BP should be perfect for one batch. I just wish we had this at Christmas when I bought my MIL 2 non pc pans like I have. I guess I will have to buy her ONE of the PC BP and tell her to donate the others to charity:)

MY FA#2 FAV of all things are the silcone handle protectors! I thought I had 3rd degree burns (more than once) from burning myself on my skillet.:cry:

I have never done the beer can chicken on my grill but I have done it in the oven and love it. Let me just say you DO NOT have to use beer, any can beverage will work.But the roasting pan is more flexible that just beer can chicken, That is why the can holder is removable:thumbup: I can see alot of people wanting this product.
We do not do alot of fancy grilling, but I am excited about the grill pizza pan.

Not doing cartwheels over the SA but I can see the visitility of all white and use a color charger or add color with other items.

I love how the insert for the salad spinner. That is a $$$$$ item with few additional options of use. I am always looking for an alternative use for an item. I like multitaskers!

SOOOOO glad they did not leave us hanging on the ice cream scoop!!!!! I just hope it works as good as the other one.

Well to answer the quetion, my least favorite would have to be the Flexible Basket!!!!! but we are not a fancy grilling family.

I can't wait to get my hands on the flexible basket (it's coming tomorrow!!). DH and I have already been talking about all the things we will be able to use it for. My least favorite? I think it would have to be the mustard rub. Yuck. I do not like that condiment.

slhalepc said:
My #1 FAV is the Brownie pan. I have one that is non pc and like it but it you need a second pan for a family size brownie mix and you dont use all the wells. Our BP should be perfect for one batch. I just wish we had this at Christmas when I bought my MIL 2 non pc pans like I have. I guess I will have to buy her ONE of the PC BP and tell her to donate the others to charity:)

MY FA#2 FAV of all things are the silcone handle protectors! I thought I had 3rd degree burns (more than once) from burning myself on my skillet.:cry:

I have never done the beer can chicken on my grill but I have done it in the oven and love it. Let me just say you DO NOT have to use beer, any can beverage will work.But the roasting pan is more flexible that just beer can chicken, That is why the can holder is removable:thumbup: I can see alot of people wanting this product.
We do not do alot of fancy grilling, but I am excited about the grill pizza pan.

Not doing cartwheels over the SA but I can see the visitility of all white and use a color charger or add color with other items.

I love how the insert for the salad spinner. That is a $$$$$ item with few additional options of use. I am always looking for an alternative use for an item. I like multitaskers!

I don't have a salad spinner, so the cooling insert and bowl lid mean nothing to me.
I like the idea of using a charger with the SA! Now, I'm more excited about them!

I used the FFC on 6 potatoes yesterday and I didn't have a problem at all. It went very smoothly and I got to almost the end and put it on the base and it worked great. I did over cook them through because they didn't look done after 40 mins and they ended up being very crunchy. But the actual FFC worked great for me. I had medium sized russet potatoes and 6 made enough fries for 3 people with a few leftover because they were too crunchy.

Intrepid_Chef said:
I'm not thrilled with the itty bitty bevs (mostly because they're overpriced) and the mustard rub, because I think all mustard is vile.

I am chuckling at your description of vile! I used the rub and love it. I can see uses for deviled eggs, mac and cheese (just a tiny bit), potato and macaroni salad.

For me the Mole Rub lands in the vile catagory for me but I know many love it! (the Maple Honey Mustard Sauce is vile to me too)

Has anyone used the ice cream dipper yet? I will have to use it tonight when I have my dish of ice cream:love:

I am anxious to see how the customers react to the products!

baychef said:
I am chuckling at your description of vile! I used the rub and love it. I can see uses for deviled eggs, mac and cheese (just a tiny bit), potato and macaroni salad.

For me the Mole Rub lands in the vile catagory for me but I know many love it! (the Maple Honey Mustard Sauce is vile to me too)

Has anyone used the ice cream dipper yet? I will have to use it tonight when I have my dish of ice cream:love:

I am anxious to see how the customers react to the products!

Ann! We share the same taste buds! Those are the same two that I think are VILE!:yuck::yuck::yuck:

Oh - but I LOVE the Dijon Mustard Rub. LOVE it! I had the gluten-free meal at Spring Launch, which turned out to be a fantastic Chicken Caesar Salad (my lunch looked SO much better than the non-GF lunches of those around me!) and I sprinkled just a touch of the dijon rub on my salad, and it was DELISH! :chef: But then, I am a self-proclaimed condiment junkie, and I have at least 6-8 types of mustard in my refrigerator door at all times. :D

pamperedlinda said:
I'm excited about the smaller Flexible Mats, I absolutely love the large Flexible Cutting Mats! I sell a ton of them and they are much lighter in my kit. My least fave for this season would have to be the SA.

Now that I have my new products, I'm going to have to revise this!

The SA is actually very nice and not as cheap-looking as I had originally thought. The white is a 'bright white' too. I do like it.

I think the Itty Bitty Bevs will not be a great seller. $8.50 and it only makes one pitcher...I had thought there would be enough to make 2. I haven't tried it yet, heard that it is good, but I think the price will shy people away from trying it.

pamperedlinda said:
Now that I have my new products, I'm going to have to revise this!

The SA is actually very nice and not as cheap-looking as I had originally thought. The white is a 'bright white' too. I do like it.

I think the Itty Bitty Bevs will not be a great seller. $8.50 and it only makes one pitcher...I had thought there would be enough to make 2. I haven't tried it yet, heard that it is good, but I think the price will shy people away from trying it.

Especially since the new Crystal Light flavors of Appletini, Margarita and Mojito are available and SOOO much more reasonably priced.​

I had a show on Sunday and we tried the itty bitty bev since it is the freebie in Feb. We did it non-alcholic. People liked it (i liked it). But no one spent extra to get it. I was really disappointed because when I first read the box I thought it made a lot more but I was wrong. I think you probably could stretch it but I feel like it is like most of the pantry items, way overpriced. I think the rubs are the best value and they could raise their price a buck or two and I wont mind but they need to lower the other items.

For some reason, I thought there were supposed to be 2 packets in each box. One pitcher for 8.50 plus people still have to buy the alcohol (or sparkling water), seems a bit ridiculous!I also think the sauces are overpriced. Love them, but geesh, buying more hurts my wallet!

I was soooo excited about the new line of bbq sauces. Then, last night, my husband and I did a taste test. Ugh:yuck: The Carolina Mustard was basically eating French's Mustard. The Korean was what I expected but I think it needs some brown sugar (it was my most preferred of the 3 we tried). The Beer bbq tasted like beer, which I don't like. And too much like beer, stale beer at that. I hope the Cherry Chipotle is better (I didn't earn it so haven't tried it).

Really, really bummed. Honestly, they should take their bbq recipe from the 29 Minutes to Dinner Pulled Pork BBQ Sandwiches and bottle it. It's THE BEST. We make it all the time, whenever we make anything with bbq. Of course, I think our secret is we use Siracha for our hot sauce.;)

pchockeymom said:
I was soooo excited about the new line of bbq sauces. Then, last night, my husband and I did a taste test. Ugh:yuck: The Carolina Mustard was basically eating French's Mustard. The Korean was what I expected but I think it needs some brown sugar (it was my most preferred of the 3 we tried). The Beer bbq tasted like beer, which I don't like. And too much like beer, stale beer at that. I hope the Cherry Chipotle is better (I didn't earn it so haven't tried it).

Really, really bummed. Honestly, they should take their bbq recipe from the 29 Minutes to Dinner Pulled Pork BBQ Sandwiches and bottle it. It's THE BEST. We make it all the time, whenever we make anything with bbq. Of course, I think our secret is we use Siracha for our hot sauce.;)

Did you try them plain or cooked with meat?

babywings76 said:
Did you try them plain or cooked with meat?

We had grilled some pork chops and were looking for a dipping sauce (we usually use bbq sauce).

<h2>1. What are the least favorite products from SL's new SA line?</h2><p>Some of the least favorite products from SL's new SA line include the herb infuser and the new sauces.</p><h2>2. Why is the herb infuser disliked?</h2><p>Many customers have found the herb infuser to be flimsy and not as durable as they had hoped.</p><h2>3. What are some concerns with the new sauces?</h2><p>Some customers are unsure about the taste and quality of the new sauces, as they have not had the chance to sample them.</p><h2>4. Why were customers not allowed to touch certain products at the event?</h2><p>To keep the event running smoothly and ensure that all customers had a chance to see and experience the new products, it was necessary to keep the line moving and limit touching of certain items.</p><h2>5. Will there be opportunities to sample the new products in the future?</h2><p>Yes, there will be opportunities to sample the new products at future events or through our demo program. Stay tuned for more information.</p>

1. What are the least favorite products from SL's new SA line?

Some of the least favorite products from SL's new SA line include the herb infuser and the new sauces.

2. Why is the herb infuser disliked?

Many customers have found the herb infuser to be flimsy and not as durable as they had hoped.

3. What are some concerns with the new sauces?

Some customers are unsure about the taste and quality of the new sauces, as they have not had the chance to sample them.

4. Why were customers not allowed to touch certain products at the event?

To keep the event running smoothly and ensure that all customers had a chance to see and experience the new products, it was necessary to keep the line moving and limit touching of certain items.

5. Will there be opportunities to sample the new products in the future?

Yes, there will be opportunities to sample the new products at future events or through our demo program. Stay tuned for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gilchrist_pchef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • raebates
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • jrstephens