• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discovering the Least Favorite Products from SL's New SA Line

In summary, the favorite products from SL are the herb infuser and the panini spatula. The LEAST favorite products are the BBQ Roasting Pan and the itty bitty bevs.
Brenda.the.chef
Gold Member
Ok, I'm seeing what the favorite products are from SL. What are your LEAST favorite? I can tell that the new SA line will be part of this discussion...

I have to admit that I was so excited about that herb infuser until I put my hands on it (one of the few items I was allowed to touch before being yelled at to KEEP THE LINE MOVING!) It seemed so flimsy.

I'm also not so sure about the new sauces. I wish we could have sampled them.

The Herb Infuser is silicone, so it's not going to be heavy. I think it's going to be huge among the soup makers and tea drinkers.I won't be using any of the grilling tools; we don't grill. But, I know my customers are going to love them.

Silicone IS flimsy. My silicone tea infuser is about the same, but works great. The only concern I have about the herb infuser is that it will be hard to clean.I'm disappointed that the silicone protectors don't come as a set.I am not yet sure about the new Simple Additions, but I am HOPEFUL that they are great.I am unenthused about the panini spatula.I am wondering if you have to put a CAN in the beer-chicken holder, or whether you can just pour the beer in. If you can pour the beer in, great. I am concerned about heating something up with BPA so would never make the beer can chicken myself in the "usual" way.Similarly, I want to know about BPA in the Dots Tumbler before I make up my mind about it – though I do really like it!

You can't pour the beer in. However, the can holder is removable. So, we have an additional grill basket. :D

Sure, but more expensive if that's the only reason for using it! I guess I'm unclear as to what a "can holder" will do exactly*– it seems to me it would be more useful if you could fill it with a liquid of choice.

KateInTheKitchen said:
Sure, but more expensive if that's the only reason for using it! I guess I'm unclear as to what a "can holder" will do exactly*– it seems to me it would be more useful if you could fill it with a liquid of choice.

It holds the chicken up so that it cooks evenly without needing to turn it and keeps it from laying in the juices. Putting liquid in the can is supposed to keep it moist but isn't always necessary.

Sorry... upon closer inspection I get that it holds it upright. I just think if you're going to the trouble of making a product like this you might as well have the holder able to hold a liquid. Wouldn't wine or orange juice be nice as alternatives? It would have been much more versatile!There's one on Amazon which holds anything you'd like for $24, and I'd be much more inclined to buy that, myself.

Well - I'm one who is not excited by the new version of SA. It won't be something that is part of my line-up for shows.

I'm also not excited about the Itty Bitty Bevs. I was, until I read the ingredient list for it. Too many chemicals and preservatives, and the Yellow 5 dye sealed it for me.

Also - the BBQ Roasting Pan w/ can holder. Like Kate, I won't be using anything where I heat up a can (because of the BPA)...and don't like beer chicken to begin with, so with all of the other great options we have now for the grill, this one is not one that I'll probably use.

And last (which is amazing - I actually LOVE almost everything!) The Fennel and Herb Rub. But that's totally personal, because I really dislike fennel.

You could put a can or snip the top off a can with your FgCutShears

I personally am positive there is something for everyone in the new line. While there are products I don't love, I know I will have customers who WILL love them!

I love everything, but not real excited about the itty bitty beverage.....I agree with Chefbecky about all the chemicals.....was surprised they had stevia powder in it and not other junk.
Brenda, you must have been in St. Louis.....my friend and I totally missed the round covered baker as the lady in charge was herding us through and literally raised her voice at us to keep it moving......so over that I was standing on the side trying to look at the baker, not touch it, and another lady standing there says the line starts back there. At the spring launch last year, they let us actually stop and look at the stuff for a few moments. When I received my questionnaire about the launch, I added that bit of info. Hopefu

Hopefully it will be better at fall launch being able to see the new products.

I didn't hear anyone pushing the line along but someone had taken the ice cream scoop off the table before I got there so I didn't see that. I only realized it when someone who was in the same line a bit behind me talked about it and commented about someone bringing it back. So I guess they needed a bit more monitoring at our launch.We did get to touch and feel but everyone did move through rather quickly. So much to do during that time.

DON'T HAND OUT THE MINI CATALOGS YET
They are missing the Grill line pages , I was told they are sending them .

Someone didnt look at them before printing I hope the are fixed before we get out PRE ordered ones and that we don't have to put fill in pages cause I ordered alot

chef131doreen said:
DON'T HAND OUT THE MINI CATALOGS YET
They are missing the Grill line pages , I was told they are sending them .

Someone didnt look at them before printing I hope the are fixed before we get out PRE ordered ones and that we don't have to put fill in pages cause I ordered alot

They printed them like that on purpose. They wanted to highlight some things now and others with the summer mini. Many consultants complained so they have now made an insert which they will be mailing to us.

I added a sticker saying there are more new products in the full catalog.

Thanks I didnt know thaT

Does anyone need any calendars? I have about 15 left over that I will not be able to use.

KellieM's Kitchen said:
Does anyone need any calendars? I have about 15 left over that I will not be able to use.

You should start a thread in the Marketplace so that people can see your post better. ;)

monicag said:
I love everything, but not real excited about the itty bitty beverage.....I agree with Chefbecky about all the chemicals.....was surprised they had stevia powder in it and not other junk.
Brenda, you must have been in St. Louis.....my friend and I totally missed the round covered baker as the lady in charge was herding us through and literally raised her voice at us to keep it moving......so over that I was standing on the side trying to look at the baker, not touch it, and another lady standing there says the line starts back there. At the spring launch last year, they let us actually stop and look at the stuff for a few moments. When I received my questionnaire about the launch, I added that bit of info. Hopefu

I sure was in St. Louis. I waited in line forever to see the products only to have a matter of a few minutes to be rushed through. I was not very happy about not being able to get a good look at everything. (especially when you see people taking pictures of every single product and they don't get rushed) I made note of that in my online survey that I took yesterday.

KateInTheKitchen said:
Similarly, I want to know about BPA in the Dots Tumbler before I make up my mind about it – though I do really like it!
A year or so ago these were a recruiting incentive. I had earned them and ironically, I just started using them. I remember that there was literature inside them that stated they is no BPA in the dots tumblers. I am assuming...and I don't like to assume...that these would be made the same.

Excellent, that's very exciting! I'm going to check in to confirm, but I'll be very happy if this is the case. Do we have a list of which products might contain BPA? I'm not so concerned for things I would use only rarely, but something like the tumbler, I'd want to use every day!

PC seems to be cognoscente of things like the BPA. I've seen other flyers and articles about other products (microwave "plastics") confirming they are BPA free, etc. So I would expect our tumbler to be that way also.

We didn't have anyone at our launch monitoring the line!

I like the herb infuser, I am currently using it to flavor a pitcher of water in the refrigerator. I LOVE it!

I am not 100% sold on the new SA line. Personally I won't drink the Itty Bitty Bevs, but feel they will sell. Everything else I like!

I like all of the new products...not sure which one I like the least. I do have concerns though. I love our current SA pieces and the dots. The new line looks pretty and they are lighter, but its not something I feel the need to purchase...because I already have them. I am very upset that they put them in every package.

There are many things I won't use for various reasons...grilling products because my husband has a catering business and we have commercial grills/smokers that are much easier to use than the ole bbq grill, panini spatula, most of the sauces and seasoning and all of the bbq sauces because I make my own "secret sauce" that goes with all of our smoked bbq meats. But, I think my customers will love these items.

I think my favorite products will be the Round Baker and the French Fry Cutter...although I don't like to hear that they are already breaking and we haven't even started the selling season yet.

But, whether we love them or not, there will be some customers who want each and every product we have.

Shawnna said:
I like all of the new products...not sure which one I like the least. I do have concerns though. I love our current SA pieces and the dots. The new line looks pretty and they are lighter, but its not something I feel the need to purchase...because I already have them. I am very upset that they put them in every package.

There are many things I won't use for various reasons...grilling products because my husband has a catering business and we have commercial grills/smokers that are much easier to use than the ole bbq grill, panini spatula, most of the sauces and seasoning and all of the bbq sauces because I make my own "secret sauce" that goes with all of our smoked bbq meats. But, I think my customers will love these items.

I think my favorite products will be the Round Baker and the French Fry Cutter...although I don't like to hear that they are already breaking and we haven't even started the selling season yet.

But, whether we love them or not, there will be some customers who want each and every product we have.

I have some extra SA pieces NIB that I would be willing to trade for the new versions. I PM'd you.

KellieM's Kitchen said:
How do you do that Babywings76?

How do you do that Babywings76, where do you find the Marketplace? I do not get to use this site often, the site master hasn't fixed a glitch for me yet.

KellieM's Kitchen said:
How do you do that Babywings76?

Go to the CS main page and scroll down to market place then click on new thread.

Jendill - I agree whole heartedly. I do not think I have had to choose a least favorite in a long time. For some reason, I do not look at the products from a personal stand point, I do not have to sell any of these to me! And yes, there will be some that do not sell for me. I know SA won't as they never have for me. "People around here do not entertain that way". Most of my customers have Correll, paper plates and such and go to pot lucks. SA is not something that works for their life styles. So maybe those. I have to agree though about the Itty Bitty Bevs. I loved the idea at launch until I too started reading! My 409 cleaner has fewer ingredients!

pampered1224 said:
Jendill - I agree whole heartedly. I do not think I have had to choose a least favorite in a long time. For some reason, I do not look at the products from a personal stand point, I do not have to sell any of these to me! And yes, there will be some that do not sell for me. I know SA won't as they never have for me. "People around here do not entertain that way". Most of my customers have Correll, paper plates and such and go to pot lucks. SA is not something that works for their life styles. So maybe those. I have to agree though about the Itty Bitty Bevs. I loved the idea at launch until I too started reading! My 409 cleaner has fewer ingredients!

What also disappointed me on the Itty Bitty Bevs is that you just get one packet. For that price there should be... Oh, four. Itty Bitty is right. Lol

holy cow--the French Fry Cutter is hard to use! I didn't cut myself, and the potatoes did slice, but man--I had to actually BANG the potato (with the cutter half-way in) onto my cutting board. And these weren't new potatoes. I actually had to go as far down as possible just on the cutting board, and then put the cutter into the base for the last millimeter.

Our fries are in the oven now, and we're excited to eat them, but I don't know that I would want to demo that at a show!

I found the French Fry Cutter incredibly easy. Weird!

KateInTheKitchen said:

Maybe you're much stronger than me? :) :) :) Although I'm not really a wimp. :) But I can't see an old lady using this thing!

KateInTheKitchen said:

I find the french fry cutter easier to use on a table than a counter top because of the leverage I get. I follow the directions exactly and use the palms of my hands with my fingers curved up so I don't cut myself. The first few I tried were a beyotch until I moved to a lower surface.

Brenda.the.chef said:
I find the french fry cutter easier to use on a table than a counter top because of the leverage I get. I follow the directions exactly and use the palms of my hands with my fingers curved up so I don't cut myself. The first few I tried were a beyotch until I moved to a lower surface.

Sounds similar to the Pineapple Wedger to me. I am looking forward to trying this out!

I'm actually excited about the new SA dishes, since this is what I have wanted all along. I never really "loved" the dots, but the dishes were nice so I got them. Now that my husband has broken several of the dishes and they all have the grey marring on them from the utensils, I think it's time to replace them with the new SA! :) I'll probably save the serving pieces (oval platter, large & medium bowls, etc.), but the regular everyday dishes have had it.

I will not be using the BBQ Roasting Pan w/Can Holder, but I do know several people who will buy this. I am starting to warm up to the BBQ veggie holder, but it is a little odd looking.

Not thrilled about the Itty Bitty Bevs and all of the chemicals in them. We just started the Mediterranean PATH eating plan and I emptied all of my cabinets of this kind of stuff, and now I have more - UGH! I guess I'll give them away as free gifts, but I don't like the idea of giving out chemicals, either.

I'm not a fan of the flexible cutting mats. I just like the feel of the cutting boards. But I'm sure I'll sell the smaller ones, especially to people who don't have a lot of space (or $).

I haven't gotten to the point where I use the flexible cutting mats, so they aren't a favorite, I DO see the smaller ones as being a great option to create work-stations at a show. Put a tool at each "station".Not crazy about the Itty Bitty Bevs either.

I'm excited about the smaller Flexible Mats, I absolutely love the large Flexible Cutting Mats! I sell a ton of them and they are much lighter in my kit. My least fave for this season would have to be the SA.

pamperedlinda said:
I'm excited about the smaller Flexible Mats, I absolutely love the large Flexible Cutting Mats! I sell a ton of them and they are much lighter in my kit. My least fave for this season would have to be the SA.

What she said.

KateInTheKitchen said:
Excellent, that's very exciting! I'm going to check in to confirm, but I'll be very happy if this is the case. Do we have a list of which products might contain BPA? I'm not so concerned for things I would use only rarely, but something like the tumbler, I'd want to use every day!

there is a list on CC....

Polycarbonate Plastic Product Inquiries
Recent media reports question the safety of products made with polycarbonate plastic and specifically, Bisphenol A (BPA), which is used in the manufacture of polycarbonate products. Rest assured, all Pampered Chef products designed to come into contact with food meet or exceed all current and applicable regulations of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and are food-contact safe. The FDA has studied and approved the use of polycarbonate plastic and BPA for many years. We will continue to monitor any and all FDA developments with respect to BPA to ensure the continued safety of our products.

Some of our products are made from polycarbonate and contain BPA. These products are listed below. No other Pampered Chef products contain BPA.

•1105 Microplane Adjustable Grater (cover and food holder plunger)
•1114 Kernel Cutter
•1188 Gravy Separator (main bowl)
•1665 Baster and Cleaning Brush (basting tube)
•1684 Pastry Cutter
•1785 Salad/Berry Spinner (lid only)
•2157 Wine Bottle Opener
•2158 Dripless Pourer/Stopper
•2175 Easy Read Measuring Cups
•2177 Easy Read Mini Measuring Cup
•2190 Salt and Pepper Mill
•2225 Measure-All Cup (outer sleeve)
•2228 Easy Adjustable Measuring Cup
•2229 Easy Adjustable Measuring Spoon
•2236 Mini Measure-All Cup
•2241 Pocket Thermometer
•2242 Digital Pocket Thermometer
•2257 Measuring Cup Set
•2258 Adjustable Measuring Spoons
•2304 Mini Scoop & Measure
•2305 Juicer (bowl)
•2308 Measuring Spoon Set
•2313 Outdoor Mini Spoon & Tong Set
•2324 Easy Read Measuring Colander
•2590 Easy Opener
•2779 Rice Cooker Plus (outer locks)
•2781 Chillzanne Rectangle Server (lid only)
•2826 Outdoor Tumblers
•2827 Outdoor Utensil Set
•2829 Outdoor Serving Set
•2836 Ice Bucket (hinges only)
To assist you with answering any questions that you receive from your Hosts and Guests about this issue, please click here for the Q & A. Again, we are committed to providing you and our customers with products that meet the highest standards of quality and safety.

Seems HO needs to update this list. The Chillzanne Rectangle Server is still listed! But thank you Ginger for finding this.

pamperedlinda said:

I love the mats and am excited about the smaller ones, mainly for storage issues. They will slip into a drawer with ease and also make it nice for show demos to set up work stations in smaller spaces. I sell those mats at every show as they are a huge hit. I can only imagine how much of a hit the smaller ones will be!

pampered1224 said:
Seems HO needs to update this list. The Chillzanne Rectangle Server is still listed! But thank you Ginger for finding this.

Perhaps it's still on there since it was so popular and so many people still have theirs!

Sure... it should definitely include older items that people still have. I have emailed HO and asked for an update to include spring products.

pampered1224 said:

this is updated, it has the Easy Read Measuring Colander on it. Also like someone said & it goes for me too, I still use my Chillzane Rectangle Server :D

I am disappointed by the bamboo sink caddy. If you put anything wet in it it will directly drain onto whatever surface it is on. I have a butcher block countertop it would look nice but be non functional

lkhartmann said:
I am disappointed by the bamboo sink caddy. If you put anything wet in it it will directly drain onto whatever surface it is on. I have a butcher block countertop it would look nice but be non functional

I contacted the test kitchen about that.

What I said:

I LOVE the concept and was excited to get this product (bamboo sink caddy) but I am confused.* If I'm missing something here please let me know. Where are you expecting people to keep this item?* It has drain holes and I understand why they are there but if I put it on the edge of my sink or counter the surface gets wet when I put my damp (but wrung out) scrubbie because it drains.* If I put it IN the sink I would think the bamboo wouldn't stay nice, it would be in the way... just wouldn't work.* For now I pulled out the simple additions rectangle tray for it to set on but that is discontinued so I can't cross sell and I can't think of anything else our line that it would fit on. Maybe the bamboo cracker tray but would it being wet/damp so much ruin it? Fortunately the tray fits behind my sink in a convenient area but not every kitchen has this...

I recommend we come up with a tray for it that would fit under to catch any water that might drain out.* Maybe as a replacement part until the new season?

Here is their response:

Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef Test Kitchens with your product question and glad to hear you love the new products!
During the development of this product we did look at*the caddy without drainage holes. The combination of a moist sponge*and lack of air flow created a mildew smell coming from the caddy. Therefore we felt including the holes was important. Additionally we have been using these in the Test Kitchens for approximately 6 months now and notice that there may be a few drops of water that we wipe away at the end of each day. We also noticed that most of the water that does collect is typically from*water splashed when handwashing and not from the actual sponge itself.
We recommend placing the caddy on the countertop and not in the sink. Unfortunately we do not have anything in the line currently that we would recommend placing underneath the product and do not suggest the Bamboo Cracker Tray as this product*does not have a waterproof coating to protect the bamboo.
Thank you for emailing us and the terrific suggestion! I have forwarded this onto our Product Development team as well.
Best wishes!

I'm not thrilled with the itty bitty bevs (mostly because they're overpriced) and the mustard rub, because I think all mustard is vile.I was excited about the french fry cutter ... until I saw other people complaining of it breaking on its 4th potato and it not being able to make sweet potato fries.The new Simple Additions don't match the old ones piece for piece and they seem a lot less unique.And I can't see myself making the beer can chicken, especially at a show.But I love the pizza pan and cooling insert and lid for the salad spinner and most of the other products.

Amanda_RI said:
holy cow--the French Fry Cutter is hard to use! I didn't cut myself, and the potatoes did slice, but man--I had to actually BANG the potato (with the cutter half-way in) onto my cutting board. And these weren't new potatoes. I actually had to go as far down as possible just on the cutting board, and then put the cutter into the base for the last millimeter.

Our fries are in the oven now, and we're excited to eat them, but I don't know that I would want to demo that at a show!

I just wanted to say that I used the FFC again today, and it was much easier. So many it is just a matter of getting used to it. I used it today to slice potatoes, then I cut them the opposite way for diced potatoes for beef vegetable soup. :) Super easy!

<h2>1. What are the least favorite products from SL's new SA line?</h2><p>Some of the least favorite products from SL's new SA line include the herb infuser and the new sauces.</p><h2>2. Why is the herb infuser disliked?</h2><p>Many customers have found the herb infuser to be flimsy and not as durable as they had hoped.</p><h2>3. What are some concerns with the new sauces?</h2><p>Some customers are unsure about the taste and quality of the new sauces, as they have not had the chance to sample them.</p><h2>4. Why were customers not allowed to touch certain products at the event?</h2><p>To keep the event running smoothly and ensure that all customers had a chance to see and experience the new products, it was necessary to keep the line moving and limit touching of certain items.</p><h2>5. Will there be opportunities to sample the new products in the future?</h2><p>Yes, there will be opportunities to sample the new products at future events or through our demo program. Stay tuned for more information.</p>

1. What are the least favorite products from SL's new SA line?

Some of the least favorite products from SL's new SA line include the herb infuser and the new sauces.

2. Why is the herb infuser disliked?

Many customers have found the herb infuser to be flimsy and not as durable as they had hoped.

3. What are some concerns with the new sauces?

Some customers are unsure about the taste and quality of the new sauces, as they have not had the chance to sample them.

4. Why were customers not allowed to touch certain products at the event?

To keep the event running smoothly and ensure that all customers had a chance to see and experience the new products, it was necessary to keep the line moving and limit touching of certain items.

5. Will there be opportunities to sample the new products in the future?

Yes, there will be opportunities to sample the new products at future events or through our demo program. Stay tuned for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gilchrist_pchef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • raebates
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • jrstephens