• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lessons Learned: A Grilled Chicken & Chocolate-Caramel Pecan Cake Show Recap

In summary, this conversation explains that the host had a poor turnout for her show with only 1 guest, and the guest had a better turnout because they followed up with the host.
safariphoto
Gold Member
WOW, we invited 150 people for a Grilled Chicken and Chocolate-Caramel Pecan Cake show and only 1 guest showed up on 9/11. I love that many people RSVP'd, but I did get 2 shows, one from the host and the other from the only guest. LMAO. Will try again with the same host in 2 weeks and try again. :balloon:

wow. Safariphoto, you sound so positive. Good job. Sorry you had such a poor turn out....I assume you mean they did RSVP that they weren't coming, so hopefully you had some idea it would be a small turn out...Good for you to laugh about it, and hopefully your next show with this host will rock! She (and you) have earned a great show!

Are you using Phonevite to do reminder calls? Sometimes that helps to remind people the day before the party.Also when you say that you invited 150 people, was that all mailed invites or just something like Facebook invites? I notice sometimes with Facebook that inviting them is one thing but them seeing it and remembering it is another. Some people live on FB, others don't. If I have any host who wants to do FB (even on top of regular invites), I strongly encourage them to follow up with their FB friends close to their party.

Definitly a learning experience with each show! Even though you invited 150, it's all about the follow up! Making sure you call to follow up and then getting orders from those who did not come is the golden ticket! WTG on the bookings! At least you have a future show!

Even though you invited 150, it's all about the follow up! Making sure you call to follow up and then getting orders from those who did not come is the golden ticket!
This is so true. My Saturday host was on top of things. The problem? A week after she sent out her invitations her church announced a hot dog social for the same day at the same time. She had 3 guests, her mom, a friend, and the friend's MIL. We'll close the show on Thursday, which will give her Wednesday night to catch up with some of her church friends. Right now her sales are just over $400 and at least 1 booking. You read that right--3 guests $400. it's all about the follow-up, including making sure your host has the words to use to ask for orders and bookings. Asking seems easy to us, but many, many people have no idea what to say, which makes it seem intimidating.

1. What inspired you to create this recipe?

The inspiration for this recipe came from wanting to create a summer-friendly meal that combined both savory and sweet flavors. Grilled chicken is a classic summer dish, and I wanted to pair it with a decadent dessert that would be perfect for a backyard barbecue.

2. Can I use a different type of protein instead of chicken?

Yes, you can definitely substitute the chicken with a different protein such as shrimp, beef, or tofu. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly and marinate the protein in a similar marinade to the one used for the chicken.

3. Can I make the chocolate-caramel pecan cake ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the cake ahead of time and store it in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days. Just be sure to wait until it has completely cooled before storing it. You can also freeze the cake for up to 3 months.

4. Can I use a different type of chocolate for the cake?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate you prefer for the cake. Dark chocolate will give a richer, more intense flavor while milk chocolate will be sweeter. You can also use a combination of both for a balanced flavor.

5. How can I prevent the cake from sticking to the pan?

To prevent the cake from sticking to the pan, be sure to grease the pan thoroughly with butter or cooking spray. You can also line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper, which will make it easier to remove the cake from the pan after baking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedpals
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • PamperedChefLayla
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
MLinAZ
  • babywings76