• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Learn From My Mistake... Refrigerate the New Sauses...

Many people don't refrig mustard and ketchup... yuck.. I always do.I even put syrup in the refrigI even put syrup in the refrig
BlessedWifeMommy
I was so excited to get the new sauces in my SAT shipment that I opened them to give them a taste last Thursday. I did not realize that they needed to be refrigerated after opening. I placed them in the pantry. Last night at my cluster meeting, my director got hers out of the refrigerator, and I realized my mistake.

I just emailed HO to see if they would help me with my mistake. I'm going to remind all my customers when they buy them to refrigerate them!

Silly me...

I almost did the same thing...and then something prompted me to read the fine print on the side of the bottle! Glad I did, or I'd be right there with you!

Thanks for the info. I may have done the same thing without reading this first....

Yeah, I opened mine yesterday and I decided to read the bottle and it does state it - but I could soooo see myself not thinking to do that. Bummer!!!

Great, I didn't refrigerate after opening mine. Didn't even cross my mind.

kaseydee said:

me either :(
i opened mine just to smell it when i got my boxes & then everything has just been sitting in the boxes since then. arggggggh.

kaseydee said:

That is exactly what happened to me, it didn't even cross my mind that something we sell is perishable.

Unless it's been hot enough to spoil, they are probably okay to continue using.

I'll have Larry (the chef) smell them today when he gets home & see what he thinks. I'll be sick if they are spoiled. :(

Maybe some labels or stickers to put on top that say Refrigerate me, Please! would be a good idea. Though we wouldn't be able to get them to our hosts. Just another reason for a MAC I guess. :)

I always thought that if the lid "pops" when you open it that you should refridgerate it....well, I havent opened my sauces yet, but when I do I will stick'm in the fridge.

We used/opened our's last night, and I didn't even give it a second thought. Since nearly all of that type of sauce (ketchup, mustard, bbq, sweet/sour, jams, etc) goes into the fridge, that's where I put mine. Glad I did something right for a change!

What sauces that you purchase in a bottle don't go in the fridge after opening? I'm just confused about this!

cmdtrgd said:
What sauces that you purchase in a bottle don't go in the fridge after opening? I'm just confused about this!

Honey, Cane Syrup - that's all I can think of. But, they probably aren't really classified as a sauce :p

Many people don't refrig mustard and ketchup... yuck.. I always do.

gingertannery said:
I even put syrup in the refrig

Me too! Then I use the pinch bowls to heat it up just enough in the micro before pouring over my pancakes/waffles.

Wow, I guess I always refrigerate bottles after I open them. It never would have crossed my mind not to. Since others don't think about it I will have to mention this at my shows - thanks!

I have not tried mine yet....I am positive that I would've done the same....thanks!

I bought a gallon jug of Frank's redhot a while back and wasn't sure if it needed to be refridgerated once I opened it. I read the label 10 times I bet trying to see if it said refridgerate after opening. I never found it so I put it in the cabinet where there was more room. I hope it will be ok. Maybe I should email the company and find out.

1. What sauces should be refrigerated?

All of the new Pampered Chef sauces should be refrigerated after opening. This includes the Tomato Basil Sauce, Asian Citrus Sauce, and Sweet Mustard Sauce.

2. How long do the sauces last in the refrigerator?

The sauces can last up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator after opening. It is important to check the expiration date on the bottle for the exact timeframe.

3. Can the sauces be frozen?

No, the sauces should not be frozen. Freezing can alter the texture and flavor of the sauces.

4. Do I need to refrigerate the sauces if they are unopened?

No, the sauces do not need to be refrigerated if they are unopened. They can be stored in a cool, dry place until they are opened.

5. What happens if I don't refrigerate the sauces?

If the sauces are not refrigerated after opening, they may spoil and become unsafe to consume. It is important to follow the proper storage instructions to ensure the quality and safety of the sauces.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
TheNewMrsRue
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Dotty
Replies