• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My 50 lb Weight Loss Journey - 6 Inches Lost Since Christmas!

I started loosing slowly. So some of my pants I could wear an 18 womens but in work pants not on my life... then I decided in Dec that it was time to try 18's on again.... well if I keep up what I am doing I am going to either have to buy all new clothes again... ( Just bought some at Christmas) or find someone who sews... ( I don't)Keep Up the GREAT Work!!!You are doing great!
mommyhugz1978
Gold Member
My Goal is to loose 50lbs by June, I have lost six inches since Christmas and 5 pounds since Last September. What I am doing to achieve my goal is I have completely stopped drinking soda all together. I have a friend at work who sells Advocare products and she got me hooked on a product called Spark that has caffeine in it but it's all natural and sugar free. So I have been drinking that in the morning. I have been watching the calories that I have been eating. I drink one heck of a lot of water and crystal lite during the day. So I am doing pretty good on my diet.

Good for you! Looks like you have some good goals and a plan to get there!

Woo Hoo for you!

YAY leah! I'm so glad to see that you are joining us!

I need all the support I can get right now....... I am learning that inches are more important than pounds at this point in time. However I went down two pant sizes so I have to be doing something right.... Don't I?

mommyhugz1978 said:
I need all the support I can get right now....... I am learning that inches are more important than pounds at this point in time. However I went down two pant sizes so I have to be doing something right.... Don't I?

Yes for sure! Last year when we did the biggest loser at church, I lost 22lbs and didn't go down any sizes (although my pants fit me a lot better). Since then I've gained all my weight back! :eek: So, biggest loser at my church (and the one here) has started and I really want to lose it AND keep it off this time.

We are all here to support eachother! I'm glad you joined us Leah.

Leah we are here for you! I do think inches are more important than lbs.

I was so proud of myself today...... I went out to dinner and avoided the biggest problem for me.. SODA!!! I got lemon aid..... :) I haven't drank a soda in three weeks, I am working on my DH but it's not going as good. He has cut back but won't just give it up!!!

mommyhugz1978 said:
I was so proud of myself today...... I went out to dinner and avoided the biggest problem for me.. SODA!!! I got lemon aid..... :) I haven't drank a soda in three weeks, I am working on my DH but it's not going as good. He has cut back but won't just give it up!!!

That's great Leah! You are making better choices! That's where it all starts.

I think I am drinking more water that I have in my whole entire life ...... :)

You are doing great!

Two pants sizes!?! That is Awesome!

Keep Up the GREAT Work!!!

well since we are all in this together....... At Thanksgiving I was wearing a 22 pants.. Slowly coming down. Then When I decided that I wanted to try some advocare products from a friend of mine I made a commitment not to drink soda and I am not in a 18. I haven't lost pounds though... just inches.... but I feel so much better. :) Today was a good day... drank lots of water, I had a breakfast bar, salad at lunch and lasagna and salad at dinner with a diet coke... and water..

That is such a big difference just in that short amount of time though! That's great! The pounds will follow. I think if it were one or the other, I'd rather lose the inches than the pounds. Keep up the great work!

When I had major dental work done in Sept of last year I started loosing slowly. So some of my pants I could wear an 18 womens but in work pants not on my life... then I decided in Dec that it was time to try 18's on again.... well if I keep up what I am doing I am going to either have to buy all new clothes again... ( Just bought some at Christmas) or find someone who sews... ( I don't)

mommyhugz1978 said:
well since we are all in this together....... At Thanksgiving I was wearing a 22 pants.. Slowly coming down. Then When I decided that I wanted to try some advocare products from a friend of mine I made a commitment not to drink soda and I am not in a 18. I haven't lost pounds though... just inches.... but I feel so much better. :)

Today was a good day... drank lots of water, I had a breakfast bar, salad at lunch and lasagna and salad at dinner with a diet coke... and water..

mommyhugz1978 said:
When I had major dental work done in Sept of last year I started loosing slowly. So some of my pants I could wear an 18 womens but in work pants not on my life... then I decided in Dec that it was time to try 18's on again.... well if I keep up what I am doing I am going to either have to buy all new clothes again... ( Just bought some at Christmas) or find someone who sews... ( I don't)

Good for you! Now isn't that the way to get new clothes! Wow! I want to get into different cloths. I have a few pairs of pants I can't quite get into, but I'm not getting rid of them. I will be in them by spring! I'm putting my mind and body to it.

Don't you just feel great! You are doing such a good job! Get yourself a couple of new things you deserve it.

SO today I had a banana for breakfast and a glass of water, and for lunch I have a oven roasted chicken sandwich from Subway, and I had 100 calory cookie for a snack, and I have been drinking water all afternoon. I used to hate drinking water becasue it had no flavor... I love it!!! I feel like I have engry now!!! I need to add some sort of excersie to my plan but I am in the midst of tax season so I do not have any time to work out, with work, and family and other obligations.

I had a salad for lunch and a banana for breakfast and drank water so far today... I jsut had some cheez-its with my little girl!!!

Great Job!!!!

Okay so today is my birthday and well I am not counting today.....Casue I have no idea what's going on... LOL

Anyone is Tucson?I have a new consultant heading there and will need Hospitality.

Thanks in advance!

This weekend I did really good..... I ate really well on my brithday and watched my portion sizes...... I am really proud of myself that I didnt' fall off the wagon persay!!

I am back in full swin this week in my weight loss challegne.... I am going to start going to weight watchers on Thursday nights.

You are doing a great job!
I think this is great!
Keep up your hard work . . . making it through a birthday weekend is terrific!!

now all I have to do is making it through the rest of the week.....

It's Monday and I want to go take a nap.... HAHA!!

I can't wait to see your results from Thursday night!
Good luck!

I can't wait to see my results on Thursday night ....... I have been doing really good on my poritions and points.

Okay so I promised I would post in my journal what my results were tonight at my weight watchers meeting..... and........ Last week I weight 200.2 lbs....... and this week I weighed in at 194.2 Lbs...... I lost my first 6lbs.!!!!!!

mommyhugz1978 said:
My Goal is to loose 50lbs by June, I have lost six inches since Christmas and 5 pounds since Last September. What I am doing to achieve my goal is I have completely stopped drinking soda all together. I have a friend at work who sells Advocare products and she got me hooked on a product called Spark that has caffeine in it but it's all natural and sugar free. So I have been drinking that in the morning. I have been watching the calories that I have been eating. I drink one heck of a lot of water and crystal lite during the day. So I am doing pretty good on my diet.

I have a co-worker who bought a bunch of PC products from me in December to use with his Advocare products. He is the person that I got the Spark from to send to everyone. I hope it gives you energy to get going

mommyhugz1978 said:
Okay so I promised I would post in my journal what my results were tonight at my weight watchers meeting..... and........

Last week I weight 200.2 lbs....... and this week I weighed in at 194.2 Lbs...... I lost my first 6lbs.!!!!!!

You are doing it - keep it up!!!

chef_kimmo said:
I have a co-worker who bought a bunch of PC products from me in December to use with his Advocare products. He is the person that I got the Spark from to send to everyone. I hope it gives you energy to get going

I Love that stuff..... have you tried the catalysis (SP?) yet????

mommyhugz1978 said:
Okay so I promised I would post in my journal what my results were tonight at my weight watchers meeting..... and........

Last week I weight 200.2 lbs....... and this week I weighed in at 194.2 Lbs...... I lost my first 6lbs.!!!!!!

:cheerleader:15 lbs!!! Wow!! I think this is great . . . Keep up the great work . . . you are well on your way to meeting your goal!:cheerleader:

It's Friday . . . how did you do last night?

BigSisGretchen said:
It's Friday . . . how did you do last night?

So last weeks weight was 194.2 and this weeks weight is 190.6 oz!!!! you can view some photo's over the past two years on here..... You might not be able to view it... but I can add you I just need your email address.

http://davidandleahcox.blogspot.com/

mommyhugz1978 said:
So last weeks weight was 194.2 and this weeks weight is 190.6 oz!!!! you can view some photo's over the past two years on here..... You might not be able to view it... but I can add you I just need your email address.

http://davidandleahcox.blogspot.com/

I sent you a PM with my email address. I would love to see the results. Also, don't forget to change your signature . . . you are down more than 9 lbs. CONGRATES!!!

BigSisGretchen said:
I sent you a PM with my email address. I would love to see the results. Also, don't forget to change your signature . . . you are down more than 9 lbs. CONGRATES!!!

Are you doing weight watchers too??? And thanks... It feels really good!!

mommyhugz1978 said:
Are you doing weight watchers too??? And thanks... It feels really good!!

Sort of, I am not going to meetings, however, I am counting points. I have found that I don't want to eat it if I have to write it down and the points actually is an easy way to see how much you need to eat. I don't like to count calories . . . this is much easier.

BigSisGretchen said:
Sort of, I am not going to meetings, however, I am counting points. I have found that I don't want to eat it if I have to write it down and the points actually is an easy way to see how much you need to eat. I don't like to count calories . . . this is much easier.

I thought counting points I would get really frustrated ........ but I am finding that it is making my life a lot easier in the end. People tell me that I will get frustrated...I probably will.... But I generally get frustrated within the first week and want to give up..... but reaching my goal is very much worth it...... Did you get into my blog?

mommyhugz1978 said:
I thought counting points I would get really frustrated ........ but I am finding that it is making my life a lot easier in the end. People tell me that I will get frustrated...I probably will.... But I generally get frustrated within the first week and want to give up..... but reaching my goal is very much worth it...... Did you get into my blog?

I find it easy to count points too. I find that even when I don't totally count, I still eat properly because you know how many points they are worth.

I did get into your blog, some of the pictures didn't want to come up . . . I think it is something with my connection. I want to go back later. Thanks for sharing.

BigSisGretchen said:
I find it easy to count points too. I find that even when I don't totally count, I still eat properly because you know how many points they are worth.

I did get into your blog, some of the pictures didn't want to come up . . . I think it is something with my connection. I want to go back later. Thanks for sharing.

My DH thought that I was really anal about things three weeks ago.. then he started to notice the weight loss...... and he said what ever makes you happy...... :) The only time that I get really frustrated is when I can't determine how many points something is worth............ then I just look for something comparable to it .

Sometimes the photo's don't like to load right away....... if you have a slower connection or cookies on your computer.

Leah that is so awsome about your weight loss. I am finally starting to go down again. My SIL says the point system gets easier. She can basically looki at something and know how many points it is. Kepp up the good work

So here is this weeks update..... I lost another 5lbs this week for a total of 11.6 lbs for the past four weeks!!! :) I am welcoming the 180's wonderfully!!!

mommyhugz1978 said:
So here is this weeks update..... I lost another 5lbs this week for a total of 11.6 lbs for the past four weeks!!! :) I am welcoming the 180's wonderfully!!!

That is so wonderful Leah!!!!

I wish I had some $ to join WW. I just don't think I'd be able to keep track of points and all that. You are doing so good!!!

Christ Follower said:
That is so wonderful Leah!!!!

I wish I had some $ to join WW. I just don't think I'd be able to keep track of points and all that. You are doing so good!!!

I pay by the month rather than by the week which is a lot cheaper..... But I thought I would get really frustrated with keeping track of points but I am doing really good. it's a mental thing though, once you start tracking points. You start thinking in weight watchers points.

Way to go Leah!
You are almost 1/2 way to your goal!!!!
Keep up the great work . . . it takes alot of hard work and dedication to do that well so quickly.

BigSisGretchen said:
Way to go Leah!
You are almost 1/2 way to your goal!!!!
Keep up the great work . . . it takes alot of hard work and dedication to do that well so quickly.

Pure motivation for me is what is working......... I have a photo of myself when I was 23 and I was a size 10 that I keep in my purse and that keeps me motivated.

mommyhugz1978 said:
Pure motivation for me is what is working......... I have a photo of myself when I was 23 and I was a size 10 that I keep in my purse and that keeps me motivated.

Good for you! You go girl!

Leah . . . were are your results from last night?? I know you lost more this week . . . you must be whittling away to nothing by now.

Well My results last week were not as I thought they would be... I thought I actually gained weight. I lost 1.5 so that brings me down to 187.6 and a total of 12.8 lbs lost in five weeks.

I know this is a old thread but was interested to know if you are still taking SPARK?

Jessica Keast

1. How did you lose 6 inches since Christmas?

I have been watching my calorie intake, cutting out soda, and drinking plenty of water and crystal lite throughout the day. I also started using a natural and sugar-free energy drink called Spark in the morning, which was recommended by a friend who sells Advocare products.

2. What is your goal weight and when do you plan on reaching it?

My goal is to lose 50 pounds by June. I am currently 5 pounds down since last September and have lost 6 inches since Christmas.

3. What motivated you to start your weight loss journey?

I realized that I was not happy with my current weight and wanted to make a change for my health and overall well-being.

4. Can you tell us more about the Advocare product you mentioned?

The product is called Spark and it is a natural and sugar-free energy drink. It contains caffeine and has been a helpful addition to my morning routine.

5. Are you following a specific diet plan?

I am not following a specific diet plan, but I am watching my calorie intake and making healthier choices. Cutting out soda and drinking plenty of water has also been a big part of my weight loss journey.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ughubug
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • toniascookin
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Christ Follower
Replies