• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the HWC Apron in Our Tour of Spring 09 Product Room | YouTube Video

In summary, this woman filmed products that have just been revealed and won't be available for sale until March. She is probably unaware of the rule against releasing this information before the official release date. Her voice sounds familiar, but she disregarded a company policy. I am sure that the meeting policy states that you may not audio or video tape any part of a national meeting.
Somehow I just don't think HO would be too pleased with this one.

Oh my they will flip I have a feeling who did this

pamperedlinda said:
Somehow I just don't think HO would be too pleased with this one.

Yep, this one, and her other videos as well.

Is that allowed ? ? ?

I thought only HO can do that

:chef:

pcgogetter said:
Oh my they will flip I have a feeling who did this

In her other videos she says her name.

I wish I'd been able to see more of the corn thing.

I hope there are videos showing how to use some of these tools because the name and description doesn't do it justice.

I thought the lady looked like the lady from HO. Who is it?

thanks so much! the garlic slicer and pineapple wedger look AWESOME!!

That was Jane Miller in the beginning tlaking about the HWC products - she is NOT the one doing the filming.

yeah if you view her other videos she says her name in the CMO Disney thing.

She also mentions what sounds like a new recruits name when she pans through what we earn.

Why on EARTH would she post this on youtube? She's GOTTA know she can't do this?!

Anyone know what level she is - director, SD, etc?

She probably is unaware of the rule. I hope they give her the benefit of the doubt. She looks like she is just someone trying to work her business like all of us.

Di_Can_Cook said:
She probably is unaware of the rule. ......
Considering that she is at least an FD - I highly doubt that she would not be aware of the rule. Besides that, I think it's just very poor taste for her to put a video out there of products that have just been revealed and won't be available for sale until March - not to mention that most consultants don't even know what they are yet since they weren't at Leadership and haven't received their CN or met with their Directors. And HO hasn't even put it on the website yet. Very poor taste as far as I'm concerned.

pamperedlinda said:
Considering that she is at least an FD - I highly doubt that she would not be aware of the rule. Besides that, I think it's just very poor taste for her to put a video out there of products that have just been revealed and won't be available for sale until March - not to mention that most consultants don't even know what they are yet since they weren't at Leadership and haven't received their CN or met with their Directors. And HO hasn't even put it on the website yet. Very poor taste as far as I'm concerned.

I agree!!!!!

Did someone report this yet? If not, I will.

Well, I was totally unaware about this until I got to this website.

DebbieJ said:
Go for it, Debbie!

BTW- LOVED :love: the footage of you singing on the big screen on Day 3. :sing:

DebbieJ said:

I did last night....but the more the merrier!

It was nice meeting you for that very brief moment :chef:

Ok, call me stupid, I am guessing this is a consultant. I got this email from my upline director. If I would have known, I would have never posted this. Sorry!

I am sure that the meeting policy states that you may not audio or video tape any part of a national meeting.

Wow, this is cool to watch though!

Her voice sounds familiar - not sure why.

The downfall is that she disregarded a company policy. Kind of like people selling on ebay. She may lose her position with the PC

Evelynt said:
I am sure that the meeting policy states that you may not audio or video tape any part of a national meeting.

I remember reading that too. She says her name in her other videos.

Evelynt said:

But if you watch it, so many people seemed to know that she was video taping.

But I would have to guess that posting it on YouTube would NOT be allowed.

Perhaps it is OK to video tape and view with your cluster...??

cookn' katie said:
Ok, call me stupid, I am guessing this is a consultant. I got this email from my upline director. If I would have known, I would have never posted this. Sorry!

Don't be sorry at all! Thanks for posting it. I don't normally report violations, but this one is way off base for me. It really ticks me off when people so blatently break the rules.

I agree- taping for a cluster meeting is one thing, since it's only shared with other consultants (or prospective consultants). But posting it on You Tube is flaunting the rule breaking.

why not just delete it from this group posting. THis has ruffled many consultants feathers. I agree it was probably wrong. But she was probably very excited to share w/ her team. and had an oops moment.

Just delete the post and let move on :)

Lots of cool and excing stuff ahead!

I thought she wasn't suppose to tape any "official" meeting because they put that on audio or video. I didn't think this would count as an official meeting.

chefann said:
I agree- taping for a cluster meeting is one thing, since it's only shared with other consultants (or prospective consultants). But posting it on You Tube is flaunting the rule breaking.

I also forwarded it to Jane Miller.

nancycookspc said:
why not just delete it from this group posting. THis has ruffled many consultants feathers. I agree it was probably wrong. But she was probably very excited to share w/ her team. and had an oops moment.

Just delete the post and let move on :)

Lots of cool and excing stuff ahead!

Sorry, I don't think it was an oops moment - I believe she is fully aware of what she did.

Off topic - nice new PIC Linda:)!

Looks like the video has already been pulled :)

I can click on the link in the first post, and it still works.

babywings76 said:
I can click on the link in the first post, and it still works.

does the video actually play - or just appear that it's loading?

pamperedlinda said:
does the video actually play - or just appear that it's loading?

It plays the whole thing.

If it's against policy, why didn't anyone stop her? Do they say it's okay as long as it's going to only be viewed by other consultants- and then she crossed the line?

I don't know much about You Tube, I just have viewed a few things at times. How do people submit things on there? Would this person be registered in some way for HO to find out?

babywings76 said:
It plays the whole thing.

Oh well - it's not playing for me. HO will get to it soon.

I'm guessing that she thought of this as the easiest way to share it with her team and didn't think that others would find it. There is nothing about "Pampered Chef" in the title that would lead you to it.

I don't disagree that HO needs to deal with it ... but I do hope she doesn't lose her status. The videos should be pulled and she should be warned.

Several people have crossed the line just because they didn't know the line was there.

I watched it yesterday but just tried again and received a message that "This video has been removed by the user." so I guess someone let her know....

But her Chicken In and Chicken Out videos are still there....

Along the same lines as Di...
Her narrative also didn't sound like she was addressing the public, but rather fellow consultants (her cluster maybe?). So maybe she really had intended for it to just be for them. And that's why I was asking about knowing who submitted it to YouTube. Is there a chance that someone else could've put it on there? Or she thought it was only going to be seen by her cluster? I just would give her the benefit of the doubt, unless someone here knows her and her true intentions. Oh well, I guess HO will deal with it, and then she'll know and understand the rules for sure. :)

Kathy's_Kitchen said:
But her Chicken In and Chicken Out videos are still there....

Oh okay! I see how it all goes now! She has done things like this before. I just watched those chicken videos. I mean that's cute and all, but that is definitely wrong. Hopefully HO will spell things out for her so she knows where the lines are!

My guess is that she posts a link to the videos on her web site, then e-mails everybody with a link to the video.

I DO wish there was a video sharing website that was NOT public, because honestly, I think this is a good idea.

It also could bring the term on-line show a whole new meaning! ;)

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• winklermom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Sheila
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ConniePC
  • pamperedlinda