• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Discover Delicious Leadership Recipes and Try the New Demo Recipes Today!

And sorry again for the trouble, I wish I would have known before I bought the ingredients.Sooo... I just bought the ingredients for the Mexican Lasagna, Potatoe-Crusted Talapia, & Double Chocolate Mousse Cups. I'll try them out this week and report back on them too!Darcy, if you google the mexican cheeses by their specific names, you will find substitutes. You can also do it by visiting epicurious.com and using their food dictionary. HTH!
OhmyDLM
Silver Member
Anyone try any of the new demo recipes since they've been home? I got home super late last night and am just getting unpacked... I think I'm going to run out to the grocery store tonight to get the ingredients for the Mexican Lasagna.

Anyone tried any of these or any of the new 29 Minutes to Dinner cookbook already and want to share their results?

I made the Creamy Mojito Torte (SBRC) to take to my Cluster Meting tonight. The filling tasted good ;) and the cake is pretty (I should take a picture :) ) - I'll let you know how it turned out after we eat it. It was very easy.

Can't wait till they post these!!! Always love trying the new recipes!!:chef: That's what keeps me in shape....round is a shape right?:p

We made the Mexican Lasagna at our meeting tonight. It was good (and a very fast recipe too), but I have really bad indigestion now..... :(

I made the recipe that is on the cover of the new 29 minutes cookbook (the one in the DCB). I haven't tried it I made it for my family before my meeting tonight. My husband said they loved it!

I made the Mexican Lasagna at the cluster meeting tonight and thought is was really yummy.

I think I'm going to try the one on the cover of the 29 minutes book tonight too, going grocery shopping with hubby tonight, I'm looking forward to trying some of them out!

I'm making the grilled chicken penne al fresco (from the season's best) tonight. I'm totally curious to see how pasta made in the microwave is going to come out!

You guys are killing me! I should have delayed my surgery until after Leadership! I can't wait for the cookbooks to come!

They are killing me too..I am PMSing :devil:and drooling just hearing the titles of these recipes. Little by little CC is posting more...but I want it all and I want it now!!! So give me recipes, give me food and give me what I want...gotta go take a chill pill!!!:D

Hey Ann - I'll tease you some more! Tonight I'm making a recipe from the new 29 Minutes cookbook: Pork Medallions With Mushroom Marsala Sauce....I'll post after dinner and tell you if it was a success :chef:

pamperedlinda said:
Hey Ann - I'll tease you some more! Tonight I'm making a recipe from the new 29 Minutes cookbook: Pork Medallions With Mushroom Marsala Sauce....I'll post after dinner and tell you if it was a success :chef:

I love Marsala, but I am not a pork fan. If you are making something really sweet and chocolately...I will have to hunt you down!!:p

Darn...you live in Georgia and it would take me about a day of driving to get to your kitchen. By then, the rage for something rich and sweet will subside. (not go away, mind you!)

baychef said:
I love Marsala, but I am not a pork fan. If you are making something really sweet and chocolately...I will have to hunt you down!!:p

Darn...you live in Georgia and it would take me about a day of driving to get to your kitchen. By then, the rage for something rich and sweet will subside. (not go away, mind you!)

If you decide to make the trip - I'll fix you whatever you want!

Boy wouldn't you be shocked!!! You are safe...right now I am stuck at work until a good snow front passes. If I wait another 30 minutes or so, it should be much clearer...roasted squirrel sounds good right now!!:yuck:

Dinner was fabulous! I'll make that one again....and again...and again. It was very easy too.

baychef said:
Boy wouldn't you be shocked!!! You are safe...right now I am stuck at work until a good snow front passes. If I wait another 30 minutes or so, it should be much clearer...roasted squirrel sounds good right now!!:yuck:

So sorry Ann - I don't do squirrel....but it tastes like chicken (wanna know how I know?)

Well just got back from grocery shopping and I had the hardest time finding ingredients for the recipe on the cover of the 29 minutes to dinner cookbook (Cheesy Chicken Chilaquiles), I ended up having to scratch it. The only grocery store in our area (Hannaford) did not have Chihuahua cheese, Quesa Fresco cheese, or the Farmer's cheese to substitute for it, I even asked someone to help me, no luck.

Sooo... I just bought the ingredients for the Mexican Lasagna, Potatoe-Crusted Talapia, & Double Chocolate Mousse Cups. I'll try them out this week and report back on them too!

Darcy, if you google the mexican cheeses by their specific names, you will find substitutes. You can also do it by visiting epicurious.com and using their food dictionary. HTH! :)

finley1991 said:
Darcy, if you google the mexican cheeses by their specific names, you will find substitutes. You can also do it by visiting epicurious.com and using their food dictionary. HTH! :)

THAT DOES HELP! Thank you so much!

pamperedlinda said:
So sorry Ann - I don't do squirrel....but it tastes like chicken (wanna know how I know?)

Well, you don't look like the Road Kill Grill type of gal so I bet you have been to one of those "wild game feeds". One of my employee's husband does this every fall and although she says she doesn't like the taste of beaver...we have had so much fun teasing her about eating beaver to begin with. Yes, our minds ARE in the gutter (it's warmer there) but it's all in fun!!:D:devil:

I LOVE cats but I do like the bumper stickers:
I love cats, they taste like chicken
I love cats, I just can't eat a whole one by myself:D

I live with my beloved cat, Moose. He has me paying all of the bills, cleaning, etc. He just lets us live here!!!

OhmyDLM said:
Well just got back from grocery shopping and I had the hardest time finding ingredients for the recipe on the cover of the 29 minutes to dinner cookbook (Cheesy Chicken Chilaquiles), I ended up having to scratch it. The only grocery store in our area (Hannaford) did not have Chihuahua cheese, Quesa Fresco cheese, or the Farmer's cheese to substitute for it, I even asked someone to help me, no luck.

Sooo... I just bought the ingredients for the Mexican Lasagna, Potatoe-Crusted Talapia, & Double Chocolate Mousse Cups. I'll try them out this week and report back on them too!

YOU ARE KILLING ME!!!!

I did not earn some the two shows in December thingy so I did not earn this either...I will be ordering it as soon as they will let us!

baychef said:
Well, you don't look like the Road Kill Grill type of gal so I bet you have been to one of those "wild game feeds". One of my employee's husband does this every fall and although she says she doesn't like the taste of beaver...we have had so much fun teasing her about eating beaver to begin with. Yes, our minds ARE in the gutter (it's warmer there) but it's all in fun!!:D:devil:

I LOVE cats but I do like the bumper stickers:
I love cats, they taste like chicken
I love cats, I just can't eat a whole one by myself:D

I live with my beloved cat, Moose. He has me paying all of the bills, cleaning, etc. He just lets us live here!!!

Nah, my grandparents were farmers and lived on a huge farm. My brother took me squirrel hunting once (ONCE!) Well, of course we had to eat what we hunted - right? It wasn't bad...but I didn't want it again. And, yes I've also been to plenty of Wild Game BBQs.

Love the cat quotes - very true.

So I had my in-laws over last night and I made the Mexican Chicken Lasagna. I have a couple of thoughts, first: Very Good... second: was missing just a little something... maybe a spice??? Even though it was very good, it was also very plain, I guess it just needed a little something else. Both of my inlaws suggested something a little spicey. I was thinking perhaps the SouthWestern spice???

My other thought when I was making it was that it needed the cream cheese mixture doubled, didn't seem like enough when I was spreading it out, HOWEVER, when it baked up, it looked/tasted like enough. The texture was great, just felt like it was flat on flavor, anyone else think this and tried something to fix it?

Anyone tried any of the other recipes in the new 29 minutes cookbook???

These were recommended by my insider source:
The Grilled Fish Tacos
Maple Bourbon Glazed Salmon
Southern-Style Tomato Gravy with Biscuits (these are awesome)
Chinese Pork Tenderloin with Bok Choy
Orecchiette with Spinach, Sausage and Tomatoes
Ricotta Gnocchi with Brown Butter Sauce (also excellent)I haven't tried any because I personally haven't felt much like cooking because the smell of food makes me want to gag lately.

ummm, why???? did I miss an announcement???????????????

chefmeg said:
ummm, why???? did I miss an announcement???????????????

I just added a stealth announcement. Check my siggy.

HOLY MOLY!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats, Debbie! That is great!!!!

How awesome, congratulations! I'm hoping to join you very soon, we've decided to give it another go! I just keep thinking, it's a "family of 4" to Disney, and we're only a family of 3 right now, so we need to work on that :)

I LOVE babies coming along! Congratulations!:D

DebbieJ said:
I just added a stealth announcement. Check my siggy.

You are a BRAT!!!
Congrats! I am so happy for you and I am also so happy that I didn't buy you a shot at Leadership :)

Woo hoo Deb!!! I'm so excited for you to have another little chef baby!:D

I Know what you mean about certain foods not smelling good. Ick. I had a major chicken aversion for awhile. Back then I wasn't doing as many shows, but these days it would be more of an issue. Another reason for your interactive shows you're already doing! Once at a show I was overcome by a severe feeling of nastiness after pressing some garlic and throwing out the peel.

good luck with the food smells!!!

Hey Deb, even though you told me a few weeks ago, *wait, has it only been a week?* i have to say it here,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

We tried the Greek Bolognese from 29 Min vol 2. It was awesome and easy. My only issue is it takes THREE Tablespoons of the Greek Rub!

And then there's mint. Looks like I'm going to have to plant some this year! I am thinking that if a host wants a recipe containing mint I could bring it and a clipping so she can plant some for herself.

And CONGRATULATIONS Debbie!:sun: What great news!!:party:

bethcooks4u said:
We tried the Greek Bolognese from 29 Min vol 2. It was awesome and easy. My only issue is it takes THREE Tablespoons of the Greek Rub!

And then there's mint. Looks like I'm going to have to plant some this year! I am thinking that if a host wants a recipe containing mint I could bring it and a clipping so she can plant some for herself.

And CONGRATULATIONS Debbie!:sun: What great news!!:party:

I'm making that for dinner later this week when Kristin comes. Glad it was good. We might need to suggest to HO to start packaging the greek rub in a larger bottles ;)

Ok so I have made already,
Steamed Wonton Purses--SB pg 8
Jalapeno Popper Pizzas--Pg 10
Chocolate-Carmel Pecan Cakes--pg 26
and Double Chocolate mouse Cups--pg 30
Plus I made the chocolate velvet cake with strawberries.

The wonton purses and the chocolate carmel pecan cakes we made at my cluster meeting. We liked the purses but they aren't as good as the old recipe--also not as hard to make. The cake was ok but I won't be making it again. I don't like chocolate that much--Hey more for you right--but I wasn't the only one that thought it fell flat on taste.

The other three I made the other day when I was supposed to be having a host appreciation show. I had 10 confirmed and noone showed up. plus I made the mini cheesburgers. So anyway the popper pizzas are good at first but they should be served warm and pretty close to when they come out. Also if you cook the dough too long it gets kind of tough. The mousse cups are fantastic. I could just eat the filling without the rest though. And I really liked the chocolate cake with strawberries. It seemed a little dry but I think it was my fault--cooked just a little too long. I bought the best strawberries though so that made up for it. Kristi and one of my other girls thought that the strawberry jam that you glaze on top tasted like raspberries. Not sure why. we even went back to make sure I bought the right thing.

So that is what I have done so far. By the way I don't think any of them would make good show recipes. Not enough tools used. You could maybe do the chocolate velvet cake with strawberries as an extra recipe with out demoing much but that's about it.

CONGRATS--Deb!! Hopefully the smells will settle soon.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• akaskydebil
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • pamperedlinda
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies