• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Will You Attend Leadership Training This Year?

C
CoidgigBese
Just curious about what people think they will do about Leadership this year.

1) Gotta be there!!! - State your reason(s) such as "I wouldn't miss any HO training"; "I want my recognition"; "I miss having Conference this year"...

2) Hmmm, it's still up in the air - What are you juggling? Cost? (I just looked at flights and with hotel, registration fee if the same as conference, food, I figure it will be at least $800) Coverage for the kids? Taking time off work? Time away from the biz? Is it worth it for 1 full day and 2 partial days of training? But then again, it's for leaders so it's the chance for specialized training, a chance to see folks...

3) Not happening - no way, no how

Please no judging others for their opinions or circumstances. I expect we have members who will fall into each of the categories.

1 - I want my damn bracelet!!! (little miffed that we have to wait until Sept to get EA bracelet when Execs and above get theirs as earned. I had the blasted thing earned in December....ridiculous!

1 - however, its none of the reasons you listed. If I don't go, I will always have the feeling of "What did I miss" or the fear of saying "I went every year but...". Its like hoarding..."might need it someday". Also, curious to see what the difference is (besides training topics) between NC and Leadership. The costs are not friendly to my budget this year however but I'm hoping they still offer some incentive to earn free/discounted registration. *praying* Flights are well over $300 still and add in hotel accomodations and I go in the day before (fear of delayed flights) and soemtimes a day later to cross of the city on a bucket lists of "been there, done that". I can't justify that kind of money to fly in the day of and fly out immediately aftewards.

Although I wouldn't say No Way No How...

It's just that I have major problems flying - I have very small ear canals, and I get migraines that will last for 2-3 days after I fly (until my ears "pop" which is very painful in and of itself.) - I get prescription decongestants before I fly and do everything I can to try to alleviate it, but it is what it is. I only fly when I absolutely have to, and would never consider flying for a 2 day event. It wouldn't be worth it for me. The travel time if I were to drive isn't appealing either, so I guess when it comes down to it, it's just not something that it high enough on my "Must Do" list to inconvenience myself to do it. :)

3...but for the following reasons Taking time off work would be the only reason. I can justify the cost (sort of) but this is the worst month of the year for me to even think about attending. :cry::Hope the month changes in the future.:(

DebChefIA said:
1 - I want my damn bracelet!!!
I am so glad that I did not have something in my mouth or it would have been on my computer screen! Your frustration is understandable.

2- want to be there for my leaders who will be recognized; hoping for specialized training vs basics, and it's the only time I get to see you, Melissa, Sheila, CK and ....you get the point. :) and everyone else I admire. Gives me a chance for travel and fun. Cost and kid care will be factor.

I truly gain more from meeting other consultants, hanging out with them and networking than anything else. Plus, I love the connection and placing faces to names.

If you hadn't have moved away Laurie, you'd get to see me the first week of April in San Antonio! I'm coming down there for the week! :(I definitely want to go, but will have to see if my budget allows me to go.

Figures Sheila!!! When are you coming? We may be in the area. Looks like we're leaving on the 5th

baychef said:
I am so glad that I did not have something in my mouth or it would have been on my computer screen! Your frustration is understandable.

:blushing:

I am going--already bought my plane ticket. I missed NC last year (because of my MIL--long story) and I missed Spring Launch because I had the flu. I MISS MY FRIENDS!!!!!!

DebChefIA said:
1 - I want my damn bracelet!!! (little miffed that we have to wait until Sept to get EA bracelet when Execs and above get theirs as earned. I had the blasted thing earned in December....ridiculous!

One more reason we should promote up!

I am going, already got my ticket on Southwest.

Laurie, moved our conversation over to a PM on FB. ;)

Sheila said:
Laurie, moved our conversation over to a PM on FB. ;)

Oh sure, leave the rest of us out of it ;)

1- Its my first & hopefully not last EA :woohoo:
Just wish I was getting to hang out with my friend Becky again :cry:
Not crazy about the LONG plane ride, but put on my big girl panties & already have my plane tickets :woohoo:

Ginger428 said:
1- Its my first & hopefully not last EA :woohoo:
Just wish I was getting to hang out with my friend Becky again :cry:
Not crazy about the LONG plane ride, but put on my big girl panties & already have my plane tickets :woohoo:
Me too, Ginger!:candyheart:

Becca_in_MD said:
Oh sure, leave the rest of us out of it ;)

LOL ~ We're planning a get together sometime between April 2nd & April 4th in San Antonio if you want to come join us! :D Kristina's in SA too, so planning to add her to the conversation now that I know Laurie is still there and hasn't moved away from the area yet.

Sheila said:
LOL ~ We're planning a get together sometime between April 2nd & April 4th in San Antonio if you want to come join us! :D Kristina's in SA too, so planning to add her to the conversation now that I know Laurie is still there and hasn't moved away from the area yet.

Wish I could, wish I could. Have fun without me.

11:30 AM on the 2nd, venue to be determined ... you SURE you don't want to come join us? :D

Sorry, previous plans. I'll be lunching at Disney World at that time. Don't hate me too much. Have a beverage for me. I'll be thinking of you gals.

I would say I am a 1 and a 2. I plan on going. I have missed Leadership since they quit doing it and I am glad that it is back. I actually went to Leadership (in Cincinnati) before I had ever attended a conference, and I do miss having conference in July. I am looking forward to recognition :) but I don't like walking the stage. I already earned my bracelet and should earn in recruiting too. I also plan on promoting to Advanced and I thought it was kind of cool that I originally walked as Director when leadership was in Colorado. BUT cost and childcare will most likely be big issues for me to figure out.

Have fun Becca....wish we had been able to coordinate meeting you at Disney. One day, one day. You are always welcomed to see Big Bend and stay at my place. :)

I want to attend but don't know if the money will work out. Going to have to see if they offer free registration etc

1- after years with Pampered Chef, and my first conference being my 3rd year in, and then my 2nd not being until my 5th or 6th year, I've come to realize that for me to continue to be motivated and successful with this business, I can't miss! Now as a Director, this will be my 2nd "conference" and I have so many friends that I DON'T want to miss! It's funny how when we invest into our businesses, we get the MORE we're looking for! I made more last year than I have ever with PC - actually doubling what I ever made and earned a trip! I think I'll continue to go. With a very slow and laxidasical start to 2012, I need the motivation! ;)

For those who have booked tickets - what days/times are you flying? I've found them for $220-250 right now and I want to jump on it! :happyforyou:

Anyone know from leaderships in the past, do they offer any registration discounts?

I'm planning to go. My husband is from Golden, CO (just outside Denver) so we will prob make it a family trip.

Melissa78 said:
Anyone know from leaderships in the past, do they offer any registration discounts?

I think they did, but it's been so long I can't really remember. Also, there's a good chance it will be a somewhat different experience all around since there's no new product portion to it but more recognition.

Was Dallas the last Leadership or just the last one I went to? My son's birthday is early January so I think I skipped some because it conflicted with his birthday.

I remember there being break-out workshops. I wonder if they'll have HO lead those or go "old style" and have presenters from the field or not do break-outs at all a la Launch. Hmmmm

Denver was the last leadership--Jan 09. I only know that because I was newly pregnant and sick as a dog. :)

DebbieJ said:
Denver was the last leadership--Jan 09. I only know that because I was newly pregnant and sick as a dog. :)

Yep, me too! I wasnt that sick just didn't have any clothes that fit and I could definitely feel the change in altitude!

I'm going and I'm pretty excited about it. Our local launches just don't have the same flavor as the big company events. We got really lucky, the flights (round-trip) from San Antonio are only $135!!! We are going up a day early and leaving around 4pm on Sat.

I'm going - can't wait to go to Colorado - never been there - and i'm looking forward to networking too :)

Chef Kearns said:
I'm going and I'm pretty excited about it. Our local launches just don't have the same flavor as the big company events. We got really lucky, the flights (round-trip) from San Antonio are only $135!!! We are going up a day early and leaving around 4pm on Sat.

OMG - I am soooooooooooooooo jealous! :happyforyou: Still over $300 here. :sick:

Sandra, you are in San Antonio? Laurie, Kristina & I are all having lunch on the 2nd if you want to come join us. :D

I am going. I am lucky in that my husband travels so much that I fly free pretty much everywhere I go. I am hoping my downline d will be an AD by then and we will get her airfare again.
The only leadership I attended was in Denver. I want my pc$$ and my bracelet(s.) WOOT! And I just love going to conferences and hanging with my peeps.

Congratulations, Becky!! What a great benefit from your hubby having to travel!

I am going. Just waiting to find airfare under $400...

baychef said:
Congratulations, Becky!! What a great benefit from your hubby having to travel!

Yeah. It doesn't make up for him being gone so much but it sure is nice when I need to go somewhere lol.

I'm a "1". Just booked my flight. I'm going for a few reasons - a few teammates being recognized for various things, it keeps me motivated and re-energizes me and my business. It's also fun to share time with my PC friends. I also have another high school friend living in Denver so it's a bonus I get to see her and her family too.
It helps that flights were cheap - $300! (My teammates who are leaving Sat. night got $261!)

jennyl said:
I'm a "1". Just booked my flight. I'm going for a few reasons - a few teammates being recognized for various things, it keeps me motivated and re-energizes me and my business. It's also fun to share time with my PC friends. I also have another high school friend living in Denver so it's a bonus I get to see her and her family too.
It helps that flights were cheap - $300! (My teammates who are leaving Sat. night got $261!)

Are they direct flights? Just wondering because any direct flights from Syracuse are over $400. That is my biggest problem...I need a direct flight to and from. But even so, it is a bad time of year. I have relatives out there that I have never visited (luckily they come to NY) If I went, I couldn't just race there and back.

baychef said:
Are they direct flights? Just wondering because any direct flights from Syracuse are over $400. That is my biggest problem...I need a direct flight to and from. But even so, it is a bad time of year. I have relatives out there that I have never visited (luckily they come to NY) If I went, I couldn't just race there and back.

They're from Rochester with one stop. There aren't any direct flights from Roc to Denver. What airline goes from Syracuse direct?

baychef said:

Why do you have to have direct? If its time, my last 4 flights only had 45min between flights (enough time to go from one terminal to another and get on the plane) so I wasn't really adding much time to my intinerary.

I'm not thinking its looking promising for cheaper airfare from the east unless sales happen as we get closer. All the sales now are either for west coast or you have to complete your flights by May. Think I'm going to wait this one out and do lots of praying to the travel gods. :)

Booked my flights today. I got it for under $250 so less than $300 with taxes. Wahoo!! And I'm staying a few extra days to sight see and visit with my cousin who I have only seen a few times. So excited! And to top it off I'm rooming with a good friend I never get to see! Can't wait Malinda!!

bethcooks4u said:
Booked my flights today. I got it for under $250 so less than $300 with taxes. Wahoo!! And I'm staying a few extra days to sight see and visit with my cousin who I have only seen a few times. So excited! And to top it off I'm rooming with a good friend I never get to see! Can't wait Malinda!!

YEAH - I am so excited Beth - gonna be a good trip :woohoo:

Malinda Klein said:
YEAH - I am so excited Beth - gonna be a good trip :woohoo:
Oh, yeah! And how lucky are we to have our own private chauffeur and guide?! I know you'll like Patty! :woohoo:

Sheila said:
Sandra, you are in San Antonio? Laurie, Kristina & I are all having lunch on the 2nd if you want to come join us. :D

Sounds great! Just let me know where and what time. I should be free on Monday.

We haven't chosen a place yet. Meeting 11 or 11:30, Kristina's sitter needed to be relieved by 2. Text me your number (469-226-0447) so I'll have it in my phone & I'll let you know when a place has been chosen. I'm letting Laurie & Kristina choose since they are familiar with the good places to eat in the area. :D

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jcsmilez
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • chefann
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
ChefLoriG
  • PamperedK