• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Leadership Countdown: 181 Days Until the Big Event - Friday, July 13, 2007

In summary, the Leadership Summit is a two-day conference where Future Directors and up can attend. The workshops and sessions are more focused and direct than in Conference. You need to be a Future Director or above to attend. This year (2007), you could even register on-site if you walked in with signed kit agreements. Katie- I missed you in Chicago. Darn! I was really looking forward to meeting you in person (and giving you a big nerdy hug!). Katie- I got to meet her ... (doing a happy dance!). And she is just cute as a button and nice, nice, nice!
katie0128
Silver Member
O.k.... so here we go...

Today: Friday, July 13, 2007

Days until Leadership: 181

What is Leadership?

Leadership Summit is held in January each year and those that are Future Directors and up can attend. But as far as what the workshops and sessions are about... dunnaknow... never been. But I'm gonna find one more recruit and be a FD and go!!! BTW... it's in Cincinnati this year... WAAHOO!!!

It's a LOT like Conference, but the workshops are more focused and, frankly, more direct. HO figures that anyone who qualifies and attends Leadership is dedicated to their business and they don't need to sugar-coat anything in the training (whereas there's sometimes a bit of that in Conference workshops). You need to be a Future Director or above to attend. This year (2007), you could even register on-site if you walked in with signed kit agreements. Katie- I missed you in Chicago. Darn! I was really looking forward to meeting you in person (and giving you a big nerdy hug!).

So when do you have to be a FD by? December 31st? Do I remember seeing that you could go with signed agreements in hand? I plan on becoming a FD way prior to that, that's the goal anyway, but I'm just curious. Also, without me counting out 181 days, what are the dates? I better request the time off from DH now!!

It's around Jan. 8. Thurs-Sat.
You need to be an FD by Oct 1 to be eligible to register online as soon as it opens. But if HO does the same thing as this year, you will be able to walk in with 2 agreements and register on-site. Hooray!

I WILL WALK AT LEADERSHIP!!!!!!

Come hell or high water, I'll make it THIS TIME!!!!

Today is Saturday, July 14.Days until Leadership: 180.

You guys are too much!!!!

Cincinnati in January. Can't wait. :p

Excuse the California girl here, but does it snow in Cincinnati in January? Will I have to buy a special jacket just to go??:p

Yes, it could very well be snowing in Cincy in January.

Yikes!!:eek:

what days?

It's Thurs-Sat around the 8th of January. I don't have the exact dates in front of me.

chefann said:
Katie- I missed you in Chicago. Darn! I was really looking forward to meeting you in person (and giving you a big nerdy hug!).

I got to meet her ... (doing a happy dance!). And she is just cute as a button and nice, nice, nice!

Hi Katie!!!

MomToEli said:
I got to meet her ... (doing a happy dance!). And she is just cute as a button and nice, nice, nice!

Hi Katie!!!

You like me! You really like me!!!

Ann - I know... I really wanted to meet you, too! Cluster stuff was going on Sunday night and Monday about 2p I got a migrane and ended up back in my hotel sleeping until about 10p! YUCK!!! I even missed the FIRST general session... and Chef Chris... crap!

But I did get to meet MomToEli, Danielle, Linda, KG, KimmyDarling and a few CS lurkers (they noticed my buttons - yes, buttons - and started talking). Oooo... and I did meet a few gals from Paige's cluster as well. That was a nice (although depressing) chat.

Everyone else... I expect that I'll see you in Cincinnati. We can plan a Leadership CS gathering at my house either before or after if anyone wants (I live about 30 minutes west of downtown... KG knows where!).

Today is Sunday, July 15, 2007Days until Leadership Summit 2008: 179

katie0128 said:
You like me! You really like me!!!

Ann - I know... I really wanted to meet you, too! Cluster stuff was going on Sunday night and Monday about 2p I got a migrane and ended up back in my hotel sleeping until about 10p! YUCK!!! I even missed the FIRST general session... and Chef Chris... crap!

But I did get to meet MomToEli, Danielle, Linda, KG, KimmyDarling and a few CS lurkers (they noticed my buttons - yes, buttons - and started talking). Oooo... and I did meet a few gals from Paige's cluster as well. That was a nice (although depressing) chat.

Everyone else... I expect that I'll see you in Cincinnati. We can plan a Leadership CS gathering at my house either before or after if anyone wants (I live about 30 minutes west of downtown... KG knows where!).
I know how sad it is to miss a bunch of Conference. I had food poisoning or something last year - it hit me am day 2, and I missed portions (or all) of all my workshops after that, and was in and out of the ladies' room during all the general sessions - and missed the banquet. I'm so sorry that you missed the product intro (that's the best part!).

We just have to make sure you qualify for Leadership so you can go to that!

Ok, I am due on January 8th and will have a c-section on Dec 31st, think I will still be able to make it to Leadership?????

Depends on how fast you heal and whether you think DH will be able to handle a newborn while you're gone!
:)

PChefAbey said:
Ok, I am due on January 8th and will have a c-section on Dec 31st, think I will still be able to make it to Leadership?????

Don't have the Section in FL... we have GREAT hospitals really close to downtown! Come have the baby here. DH can keep the baby at the hospital and I'll push you around in a wheelchair at Leadership!

PChefAbey said:

You can bring the baby - I've seen people with their babies (and husbands or a babysitter) with them at NC, and they go off during breaks to feed the baby. If there's a will, there's a way, right?? :) Contact PC home office if you really want to go - I'm sure they'll figure out a way to help you out. My Exec. brought her 6mo. baby to NC 2 years ago (and her hubby) and it worked out great for her. Good luck!!

Leadership is a little different, because they don't allow guests. So you'd have to leave DH and the baby in the hotel or at home.

I would really love to go. I'd like to go as a director rather than a FD. That means I'll be making more money and be better able to afford to go.
JAE
Director by Christmas! That's my goal. 3-2-1 EVERY DAY!

The Leadership dates are Jan 10-12..thurs, friday and saturday :)

Today is Monday, July 16, 2007

Days until Leadership Summit 2008: 178

If I am promoted to director I will be there, no matter what. I would probably leave dh home with the baby and two other kids because we would have to drive since you can't fly with a baby that little. I will not breastfeed so its easy to leave the baby, because I dont have to worry about that and dh does great with the kiddos. My staples should be out by then!

I don't know about FL but here in UT doc's won't release you to travel or back to work for at least 8 weeks. I don't want to be the spoiler, but I would talk to your dr. Have you had a c-section before? I had my first one c-section and my 2nd normal & I prefer normal anyday of the week. It took at least a month to stop having after pains and to walk straight. Good luck!

katie0128 said:
O.k.... so here we go...

Today: Friday, July 13, 2007

Days until Leadership: 181

This just cracks me up! We are not finished with one thing before moving on to another!!:D

jrstephens said:
This just cracks me up! We are not finished with one thing before moving on to another!!:D

That's what keeps us in business!!!!

I just have to verbalize my goal here...I WILL be a FD by Leadership so I can go and meet my recruiter halfway in Cincinnati!!!!

I have had a csection before and I loved it, I had my daughter naturally and hated it so I actually chose a csection with my son. And it must just be a UT thing because I have never heard of drs making you wait 8 weeks here to be released to go back to normal activities.

Today is Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Days until Leadership Summit 2008: 177

Look at this! Missed it yesterday, almost missed it today!

Today is Thursay, July 19, 2007

Days until Leadership Summit 2008: 175

Missed it AGAIN yesterday, almost missed it again today! I need to set a reminder in Outlook or something...Today is Saturday, July 21, 2007Days until Leadership Summit 2008: 173

I'm glad you remember it at least some of the time... I started this thing and then completely forgot about it!

jrstephens said:

I'm just REALLY excited because it is in my backyard!!!

chefann said:
It's around Jan. 8. Thurs-Sat.
You need to be an FD by Oct 1 to be eligible to register online as soon as it opens. But if HO does the same thing as this year, you will be able to walk in with 2 agreements and register on-site. Hooray!
It has always been bring your signed agreements in hand and you can attend!

pckrissy said:
The Leadership dates are Jan 10-12..thurs, friday and saturday :)
Is that the FOR SURE dates of Leadership? I had not heard for sure!

According to CC, those are the dates...

Today is Sunday, July 22, 2007Days until Leadership Summit 2008: 172

Today is Monday, July 23, 2007

Days until Leadership Summit 2008: 171

Okay, I am planning to go to Leadership. When will they send out the info?

Today is Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Days until Leadership Summit 2008: 170

Shawnna, registration usually opens in October.

I am so torn, I went to leadership in Dallas and loved it. However the tickets to cincinatti are almost $600 for me from Cali, then Hotel & reg. I am not sure I can make it.We will wait and see.

Amanda - same price for me from Boise. It is a no-brainer for me on going to Leadership and NC, it is part of my job! So, I've signed up for Leadership Conference Club and am putting $100 a month in a savings account for Leadership. I am also searching on Sidestep.com every couple of days for good flight prices.

Kayak.com is another good site for airfare. They link to a lot of the big travel sites, so you don't have to go to 20 sites a day to check prices. (FYI- if you search on Tuesday and Wednesday NIGHTS, that's when the best prices tend to be available.)

Another thing to consider is flying in to a different city and renting a car. Sometimes, even with car rental, the tickets are so much less that it's worth it.

cmdtrgd Amanda - same price for me from Boise. It is a no-brainer for me on going to Leadership and NC, it is part of my job! So, I've signed up for Leadership Conference Club and am putting $100 a month in a savings account for Leadership. I am also searching on Sidestep.com every couple of days for good flight prices.

Kate, It's usually the same way for me, however I am trying to pay off our Hawaii trip for my sis's wedding. Then all our tags are due, and the truck needs new tires, then x-mas, then add the costs of leadership. I think it's even harder when I know I got a ticket for $200 last year to Dallas. Okay I know enough excuses just get on the phone, add a show to your list.

chefann said:
Kayak.com is another good site for airfare. They link to a lot of the big travel sites, so you don't have to go to 20 sites a day to check prices. (FYI- if you search on Tuesday and Wednesday NIGHTS, that's when the best prices tend to be available.)

Another thing to consider is flying in to a different city and renting a car. Sometimes, even with car rental, the tickets are so much less that it's worth it.

Coming in to CVG (Cincinnati/N Ky Airport) can be REALLY expensive. However, if you can come into Indianapolis, Dayton or Louisville... you often can save BIG $$$. Maybe if enough cheffers do that, you could all rent a car/van and drive the rest of the way. Or maybe one of us locals could be persuaded to come pick you up...

katie0128 said:
Coming in to CVG (Cincinnati/N Ky Airport) can be REALLY expensive. However, if you can come into Indianapolis, Dayton or Louisville... you often can save BIG $$$. Maybe if enough cheffers do that, you could all rent a car/van and drive the rest of the way. Or maybe one of us locals could be persuaded to come pick you up...

Katie, do you know the name of the building Leadership summit is being held in. I'm trying to book a flight/hotel deal together for a discount and I can't quite find where it's acutally being held so I can research hotels that are nearby and clean. Any suggestions?

OhmyDLM said:
Katie, do you know the name of the building Leadership summit is being held in. I'm trying to book a flight/hotel deal together for a discount and I can't quite find where it's acutally being held so I can research hotels that are nearby and clean. Any suggestions?

Found some info :)

Leadership Venue:
Duke Energy Center
525 Elm Street
Cinn, Ohio 45202

3 Official Conference Hotels:
Millenium Hotel Cinn
Westin Cinn
Hyatt Regincy Cinn

Closest Airport:
Cinn Northen Kentucky Airport, Http://www.cvgairport.com/

Similar Pampered Chef Threads