• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Leadership 2008 Meet 'N' Greet? (Corrected)

In summary, the forum director is looking for people to get together for a dinner next Thursday. However, due to the birth of a friend's child that week, the forum director doesn't think anyone will be able to make it. There is talk of going to Leadership at a later date.

Meet 'n' Greet in Cincinnati at Leadership 2008?

• I'm going to Leadership - NO! I spend too much time with you people anyway

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
chefann
Gold Member
Oops- I forgot to make the poll on the other one viewable, so we could see who voted for what. Vote here!

This thread is to gather information about if and when people are interested in getting together at Leadership. The Upper Level Director dinner is Thursday, Jan. 10, but I don't think that will affect any of the usual suspects around here.

Once I get a feel for how many people are interested, etc., then I'll scope out possible locations at/near the hotels.

Thanks!

Ummm....where's the poll?

I was typing, Kate! The software posts the main body of the thread while the originator is still creating the poll.

Ahhh....didn't know that :p

I like how, with the additional 2 options, the status bar for "corn" is now yellow. :)

chefann said:
I like how, with the additional 2 options, the status bar for "corn" is now yellow. :)

Corn? ;) :rolleyes:

It's a joke. A forum DH frequents often has "beer" as a poll choice - just because. And my bird says "corn" all the time. corncorncorncorncorncorncorn:D

No Leadership for me this year...my BFF is having her first child that week. I choose baby!!

I have not made it to Future Director, so I'm not able to go to Leadership. That's okay. I need to keep my money! I will be going to conference. I should probably save my November earnings for that.

This will be my first leadership. I am not too comfortable traveling in the winter but Ohio is much closer than the other choices in the past. I am trying to get my FD to go.
I haven't made reservations, etc. yet, but will soon.

I chose whenever. Not sure yet when I'm flying in, probably Wed.

Okay I say whenever as well I have a red eye on Tues night so I will be taking the first shuttle to leave Dayton at noon on Wed.Thank God I bought my ticket on Monday my ticket has gone up over a hundred dollars since then. I am so excited to see everyone again!!! & those who weren't in my wave this year!!

Unfortunately, I won't be going :cry: ....not FD yet and no corn!! LOL ;)

I'll be there in spirit.....:p

I wish I could go, since Canada and US are joining together this year. Let's hope they do the same next year and I can get to meet some of you!!!! :D

Hope you guys all have a ball........I'm sure you will! And, don't miss me too much! haha :p

My dd's 6th b-day is Jan. 10. She'd be in tears if I left! Actually, she already was when I was telling DH about it & she overheard me tell him the dates!

Have fun, you guys! See you in Chicago! :D

I'm registered! No travel arrangements yet (may try for a military hop), but I plan to get there somehow (short of having to swim). :)

Anytime for the meet n greet is good for me!

leggy

Leggy- if you can't get a hop into Wright-Patt, see if you can get one into Selfridge. I can pick you up from there. :) It's a longer drive for you but if it's the difference between not going and going...

Haven't voted yet, because I am still working on FD to go.........I have all the money in my conf. club account.....

I have to wait and see when the others I hope to drive there with are planning on getting there. I'll post when I know more.
Can't wait to meet you all!!

chefruthie said:
I have to wait and see when the others I hope to drive there with are planning on getting there. I'll post when I know more.
Can't wait to meet you all!!
I'm kinda in the same boat - with it being so close, I was thinking of driving in on Thursday, but realized that it doesn't allow me any time for weather/road conditions. So I updated my hotel reservation this morning to include Wednesday night. I should still be able to work a partial day on Wednesday, then leave here. (I don't get a whole lot of vacation time.)

Count me in!

I would think that Thursday while the uppers are out doing their thing - we can get together and do ours...

I am travelling with my director (also an ED) so I know she'll be at that event. I don't know details yet, but that sounds like a good time. Just let me know what everyone decides on and I'll try to be there!

Looking forward to my first Leadership - achieved FD this past spring and missed last year...

Reminder--
As long as you're voting for meet 'n' greet, don't forget to go to the schedules thread and post your workshop schedule. I'm keeping a list and will both post it and have copies at the MNG so we can look for (or avoid) each other in workshops.

Sorry, had to post corn just because I thought it was so funny! Love that option!

Yay! Robin wins the prize for being the first person to pick Corn! Well, other that whoever picked it in the first version of the poll, but I don't know who that was.

I'm also registered but not sure how I'll get there. May be taking a military hop with Kris/Leggy. Tickets are over $600 from here.

But since I'm from Ohio, I'm spending extra time there. We should be able to get to Wright-Patterson AFB in Dayton. They have flights leaving Ramstein that land on the east coast then continue on to Wright-Patt pretty often.

I voted for the wrong day! I really wanted to say "whenever" not Saturday!! I am just so darn excited about Leadership I can't type!!

I think we're going to end up having it on corn. :D

I am still looking for a ride from someone in SW Ontario, or possibly close to Pt Huron or Detroit Michigan. PM me if you fit into this location and are looking for someone to talk to for the 6 hour drive.

Hey, Friday. I'm in Detroit, and it looks like I may be driving down on Wednesday - don't know for sure if I'll be going with someone or not. There are buses that traverse the border between Windsor and Detroit (I've seen them on the streets of Downtown Detroit). If she can get on one of them and I can meet her on the US side of the border, then I can take her. (I say that because I don't know the first thing about Windsor and would get lost if I had to pick her up).

chefann said:
Hey, Friday. I'm in Detroit, and it looks like I may be driving down on Wednesday - don't know for sure if I'll be going with someone or not. There are buses that traverse the border between Windsor and Detroit (I've seen them on the streets of Downtown Detroit). If she can get on one of them and I can meet her on the US side of the border, then I can take her. (I say that because I don't know the first thing about Windsor and would get lost if I had to pick her up).

Actually its ME I need a ride for. I am in Sarnia and could arrange to have someone drop me off to meet you somewhere!!! OOOOOOO PM ME!! I am getting so excited about going!!!!!

Not sure if I'm going to be able to attend... haven't made FD yet... I know, I know, there is still lots of time. But since I'm in Cincy, I'll be crashing the MnG and "Whenever" is good for me!
Ann - you planning any place in particular for this shindig?

Friday-- I replied to your PM.Katie-- I don't have anything picked out yet. I did want to keep it near the hotels/convention center just because it'll be easier for everyone involved if we don't have to drive around. There's a pretty good map from the visitor bureau on CC, with a LOT of restaurants marked on it, most within a couple blocks of the hotels. For ease of visiting, a place where we can take over a lot of little tables/couches would be best, like a bar or a coffee shop. And we obviously want someplace where we can get something to drink (not necessarily alcoholic) and something to nibble.

hey I am will be there and would like the chance to meet others in biz. I have pd for everything but the flight I am having to wait since we are trying to sell our house and move and I have had my husband in the hospital since Sunday morning. Planning on buying my ticket with my NOV paycheck.

Pam

I can't wait to see everyone, Leadership last year was such a blast that I can't wait to go this year!!!

Count me in!

Based on the votes, it looks like Wed. the 9th will be when we'll plan it. I'm not doing any planning until after Thanksgiving, and probably not until mid-December. :) So people who haven't voted yet will still be able to do so.

pamperedval said:
Count me in!

I would think that Thursday while the uppers are out doing their thing - we can get together and do ours...

I am travelling with my director (also an ED) so I know she'll be at that event. I don't know details yet, but that sounds like a good time. Just let me know what everyone decides on and I'll try to be there!

Looking forward to my first Leadership - achieved FD this past spring and missed last year...

I agree with Valori!!! We don't need no stinkin Upper Directors to go drinkin!!!:balloon:

Bumping this so more cheffers can add their preferences. I'll post around the first of the year with a plan and a place. Although it looks now like it'll be Wednesday night (which still gives us the option for a second one on Thursday).

I was thinking it would nice to go out while the uppers are having their event...we'll have to find something to do during that time anyway! So I 2nd (or 3rd) that vote!

This is the agenda for the conference: https://www.pamperedchef.com/images/cc/us/pdf/lead08_agenda.pdf

It sounds like many people will be arriving in town on Wednesday, Jan. 9. (I know I am, just because I don't trust the January weather enough to drive down Thursday morning.) The Upper Level Dinner is Thursday, Jan. 10.

So how does this sound? Let's plan a gathering after 8 on Wednesday, probably at a bar or coffeeshop. And we can also gauge what the interest is in another gathering, possibly dinner, on Thursday. (Is my rectangle non-decisiveness coming out here, or is that just my desire to make more people happy?)

Last edited:
I've got dinner plans for the 9th, but totally on board for the 10th. Oh by the way, bars work great for me :D ...I'll be childless so what happens in Cinci stays in Cinci. LOL

chefann said:
This is the agenda for the conference: https://www.pamperedchef.com/images/cc/us/pdf/lead08_agenda.pdf

It sounds like many people will be arriving in town on Wednesday, Jan. 9. (I know I am, just because I don't trust the January weather enough to drive down Thursday morning.) The Upper Level Dinner is Thursday, Jan. 10.

So how does this sound? Let's plan a gathering after 8 on Wednesday, probably at a bar or coffeeshop. And we can also gauge what the interest is in another gathering, possibly dinner, on Thursday. (Is my rectangle non-decisiveness coming out here, or is that just my desire to make more people happy?)

Sounds great to me!

hey has a date, time, location been set yet? if so could someone email me the details. I am totally new to this forum but I did vote last month. My email address is [email protected] thanks. I will be walking as a first time director so I am a little nervous and it will only be me and my director at leadership this time. I am in the process of moving my business to full time. I am usually out arresting people. Merry Christmas.

Pam, we don't have definites yet. Around the first I'll post specifics.

well, I voted for "whenever" but because I fly in on Wednesday and have to shuttle from Dayton to Cincy, I would rather not have to meet you all looking like I will at that point!:p

Is anyone else joining me on that shuttle around 4:30 pm?????

Either night is fine with me. I get in Wednesday but am not an upper so Thursday works fine, too. I'll be there!

Nanisu said:
Either night is fine with me. I get in Wednesday but am not an upper so Thursday works fine, too. I'll be there!
Funny... There are no uppers in the Hispanic Market just a few Directors so we have a dinner on Thursday just for us. I definitely want to know about a meet and greet and meet you all. If there is no conflict I will be there.

Was a meet & greet time and place ever confirmed????

Nope. I was going to get to it over the Christmas break, when I have a little more time to find a place that will work.

okay, I just didn't want to miss it.

DebbieJ said:
okay, I just didn't want to miss it.
Neither do I. I'm flying on the 8th now! I will check back...

<h2>1. How can I register for the Leadership 2008 Meet 'N' Greet?</h2><p>To register for the Leadership 2008 Meet 'N' Greet, you can either sign up at the registration desk during the event or contact your Pampered Chef consultant for assistance.</p><h2>2. Is there a fee to attend the Meet 'N' Greet?</h2><p>No, there is no fee to attend the Leadership 2008 Meet 'N' Greet. It is a complimentary event for all attendees.</p><h2>3. Can I bring a guest to the Meet 'N' Greet?</h2><p>Unfortunately, the Meet 'N' Greet is only open to registered attendees of the Leadership 2008 event. Guests are not permitted to attend.</p><h2>4. Will there be food and drinks provided at the Meet 'N' Greet?</h2><p>Yes, light refreshments and beverages will be provided at the Leadership 2008 Meet 'N' Greet.</p><h2>5. What is the dress code for the Meet 'N' Greet?</h2><p>The dress code for the Meet 'N' Greet is business casual. We recommend wearing comfortable attire as the event may involve standing and networking.</p>

1. How can I register for the Leadership 2008 Meet 'N' Greet?

To register for the Leadership 2008 Meet 'N' Greet, you can either sign up at the registration desk during the event or contact your Pampered Chef consultant for assistance.

2. Is there a fee to attend the Meet 'N' Greet?

No, there is no fee to attend the Leadership 2008 Meet 'N' Greet. It is a complimentary event for all attendees.

3. Can I bring a guest to the Meet 'N' Greet?

Unfortunately, the Meet 'N' Greet is only open to registered attendees of the Leadership 2008 event. Guests are not permitted to attend.

4. Will there be food and drinks provided at the Meet 'N' Greet?

Yes, light refreshments and beverages will be provided at the Leadership 2008 Meet 'N' Greet.

5. What is the dress code for the Meet 'N' Greet?

The dress code for the Meet 'N' Greet is business casual. We recommend wearing comfortable attire as the event may involve standing and networking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Poll
  • chefann
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
chefann
  • chefann
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
DebbieJ