• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Lead Question (Slightly Embarrassed....)

In summary, the first name on the Home Office Lead is something that Becky has no idea how to even begin to pronounce. However, she is hopeful that someone here may be able to help her out with the pronunciation before she calls.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
I just received a Home Office Lead, and I have a phone # to call - but the first name on the lead is something that I have NO idea how to even begin to pronounce. Not even sure what Ethnicity it would be.(um, and the last name is no better....)

I'm hoping maybe someone here has seen this name before and could help me with a pronounciation before I call him/her. (see - not even sure of the gender!)

The first name is: Alichawnte

I would say it Ali( like the woman's name short for Allison) cha wnte (want e) I bet it is African origin and probably a woman. Be honest. Say "Hi this is Becky with the Pampered Chef. Is this Alichawante? can you please tell me how to correctly pronounce it?" I bet she/he gets that all the time and probably has a nickname anyway

my guess is it's pronounced "Ali-shawn-tay"

But I bet she/he is used to having their name mispronounced and probably won't be offended so just go with it. Report back and let us know the correct pronunciation.

pamperedlinda said:
my guess is it's pronounced "Ali-shawn-tay"

But I bet she/he is used to having their name mispronounced and probably won't be offended so just go with it. Report back and let us know the correct pronunciation.

I think this is correct too. Just say "Hi this is Becky with TPC. I hope I don't say the name wrong; is this Ali-shawn-tay?" If you're right she'll love you but if you're wrong she won't think bad of you for trying.

Alicia-won-tay

Or "Miss {insert last name here}" LOL

I'm with the others above on pronunciation - I think the w is silent. Since I get all sorts of names working in HR, I often start with, "HI this is Melissa calling from The Pampered Chef. Can I ask you to please help me out with the proper pronunciation of your name so that I don't butcher it on you? (then I laugh) and they help me out.

Just my way of doing it. We get quite a few foreign applicants or those with ethnic names. Today I butchered Miledyz...I saw it as mile+diz....lets go with Mi-lee-deez. ;)
Hooked on phonics did not work for me! :D

I say the same thing as Melissa... no one is offended if you tell them up front you're going to kill their name!

So Becky, how DO you pronounce her name?

I don't know! I called, and left a message. It's a female...but she didn't say her name on her voicemail. (that would have solved the problem!) Will be trying again tonight.

What is a "lead question"?

A lead question is a type of question that is designed to engage the person you are talking to and encourage them to open up and share their thoughts and opinions. It is typically used in sales to start a conversation and gather information about a potential customer's needs and interests.

Why would I feel embarrassed asking a lead question?

Some people may feel embarrassed or uncomfortable asking a lead question because it requires them to take the initiative and potentially put themselves in a vulnerable position. However, using lead questions can greatly improve communication and help you better understand your customer's needs.

What are some examples of lead questions?

Some examples of lead questions include "What motivated you to come here today?", "What do you look for in a product like this?", and "How do you typically use [product/service] in your daily life?" These questions are open-ended and encourage the person to share more about themselves and their needs.

Are there any tips for asking lead questions effectively?

Yes, some tips for asking lead questions effectively include being genuinely curious and interested in the person's responses, actively listening to their answers, and asking follow-up questions to dive deeper into their thoughts and needs.

How can I use lead questions in my Pampered Chef business?

Lead questions can be a useful tool in Pampered Chef demonstrations or parties to get to know your customers and understand their cooking and kitchen needs. They can also be used in one-on-one consultations to tailor your recommendations and products to their specific needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefkathy
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
finley1991
  • jessinthekitchen
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • chefkathy