• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Gathering Leads with Home Business Prize Boxes: Has it Worked?

In summary, people have found success with lead boxes by putting giveaways inside them. People have also found success by putting boxes at health clubs and tanning salons.
monica_sweetconsultant
Silver Member
I have someone that I know that works for a different home based business and she suggested this. Its boxes that you make up to get leads. Like putting register to win (prize). do a drawing for the prize and contact everyone else to see if they want to book a show or anything else. I had never thought to do this and it was a lightbulb moment for me!! I know you have seen these boxes for like glamour shots, golds gym, etc. My question is, has anyone ever tried this before and did it work?

I've done it:eek: I have done it a two different places so far. I called a lot of health clubs so far, but I think I may hit up the tanning salons too. Most of the clubs I called either already have a consultant there or don't let anyone put stuff out unless they are a member. I did put a box at the Jenny Craig, they were really excited about it. When I went to check and see if there were any slips, they couldn't find the box and they were all whispering behind the counter. Finally a lady comes up and gets my box out of a cabinet and tells me that "Pampered Chef doesn't have healthy recipes for our clients, so we can't put your box out." She was VERY rude about it and I was pretty much speechless (which is something for me....I usually can't shut up). I don't understand why they were so excited and why the manager gave me the okay only to put it in a cabinet and not put it out. GRRRRR.... Anyhow, my other box is at a health club and has yet to have ONE slip in it! It has been there about 3 weeks, I think I am going to go get it since no one seems to be interested! I really thought I would get some leads and help out my business....doesn't seem to be working! Oh, my boxes were for a free It's Good For You cookbook....Good Luck, hopefully it will work better for you than me!

Does anyone else...Sorry, I don't have any ideas as far as lead boxes go...but...

Does any one else out there see "lead" boxes as in METAL boxes? When I first saw this post, I thought it was about a way to make our boxes more sturdy!

Just wondering if I was the only *crazy* one in here!:eek:

I seen that too. I thought it was because I'm a freak about lead now because my son had lead poisoning.

I have talked about doing them but never did. I was going to give away free cooking shows. I'm still thinking about it. I just haven't made my boxes yet. Shoes boxes with simple wrapping paper for me!!

thats what i was thinking too....shoe boxes with some kind of bright colored paper. i was thinking a few boxes for free shows and a couple for free products. i dont think to many people will bite for the free shows to be honest but i am going to try it a couple times to see.

Do you have any upcoming fairs in your area Monica? I have found the fairs to be quite helpful as far as leads go. My show calender is pretty good right now but i'm still going to break back out my 118 ways to get bookings doc, I just quit my other job, so I want to find more shows outside of cooking shows.

actually there is one I had forgotton about and I saw in the paper. Its right here in my hometown and I just sent the man an email to see if he hasany open booths. Its an outdoor event which is fine with me...work on my tan..lol!! always a rainbow right? hopefully he will have something open. I also do a fleamarket each month. I havent done in the last 2 months due to illness and finances but plan on it next month.

I out one in Curves and have had a great responce already. I have put out a bright gift bag with a sign saying "work out 12 times this month and you will be entered into a draw for a $10 gift certificate or one of a few free cooking shows" The 12 times is what Curves wanted on the sign. I put a few just incase the ladies go with their friends and they get the call that they have won the free cooking show too.

I have one out at my Aunt's Restaurant. I have gotten 2 booking leads and 3 Wedding Registry leads (wedding registries are all for one lady throwing parties for 3 different Brides). I have only checked it once. I just used a fishbowl and put a sign saying Enter to win a Small Bar Pan!

I've had "Drawings" at the three Curves displays I've done in one year. They
have led to a total of seven shows when you count the bookings off the original three. I notice that I need to "seed" the drawing basket with a couple of folded slips, to get folks to enter the drawing. I have not had a tremendous number of folks bite, so I have seen to it that at least three get the Season's Best and the Manager is more than happy with that. She would rather that three be "winners" than just one larger prize. I do not tell them
what they will win because I want to be more generous based on the response for that week. When I don't get even one lead or booking, I tend to be stingier. That's just me. In December, I donated three cookbooks and a Jar opener, as well as gift certificates. The Manager had promised at least an acknowledgment but all it said was gifts from Pampered Chef. Since there is another PC person who displays there, and works there, she probably took the credit. My name was not mentioned. I included my business cards with the gifts and the Certificates but did not hear from the recipients. But,
I'm still ahead because of the seven shows I would not have had without those original three shows. Good luck to you.

I'm not sure if this thread is being read anymore, but incase...
When I worked for another direct sales company I did this all the time. My tip is, put in your info on a drawing slip. People are more likely to enter a drawing if someone else has.. and its not that uncommon for someone to steal your leads (happened to me). So your name in there will attract people and then you'll get a call if someone steals your leads.

Brea, that is a great idea.
I think it'd be funny to get a call from someone about PC. I'd then know who took them!

I like that idea though! I sometimes am more tempted to sign up for things that don't have many slips in them, because then I know I have a better chance. haha.

If you haven't already noticed it, look what Merrill has now! :D

It's under the New Products section (Item Number: 714110200)

714110200L.jpg

1. How do I use the home business prize box to gather leads?

The home business prize box is a great way to attract potential customers and gather leads for your Pampered Chef business. Simply set up a display at events or parties with a variety of products and a sign inviting guests to enter a raffle for a chance to win a prize box. In order to enter, they must fill out a contact form with their name, email, and phone number. This allows you to collect their information and follow up with them after the event.

2. What types of prizes should I include in the home business prize box?

It's important to include products that showcase the variety and quality of Pampered Chef products. You can also add in some popular or seasonal items to make the prize box even more enticing. Another idea is to include a discount or free product coupon for their first purchase, which can encourage them to become a customer.

3. How do I make sure the home business prize box is a success?

The key to a successful home business prize box is promotion and follow-up. Make sure to advertise the raffle at your event or party and encourage guests to enter. After the event, follow up with the leads you collected and offer them a special promotion or discount to entice them to make a purchase. This can help turn those leads into happy customers.

4. Can I use the home business prize box for online events?

Yes, the home business prize box can be used for online events as well. Instead of a physical display, you can create a virtual prize box with images of the products and a form for guests to fill out to enter the raffle. This can be a great way to gather leads from those who are unable to attend in-person events.

5. Has the home business prize box been successful for other Pampered Chef consultants?

Yes, the home business prize box has been a successful lead generation tool for many Pampered Chef consultants. It's a fun and interactive way to gather leads and showcase the products. With proper promotion and follow-up, it can help increase sales and grow your customer base.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperChefCarol
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
PamperChefCarol
  • cbord
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
its_me_susan
  • kdangel518