• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Win a Free Cooking Show - Enter Today!

In summary, the lead box is made from a shoebox with cutout pictures from old catalogs glued on and then cut an opening in the top (with the quikut paring knife!). The box is left out for about a week and winners are chosen until a calendar is booked. After the preschool, the box is moved to a daughter's gymnastics waiting room and then maybe a friend's restaurant. The call is made regardless and the person is offered the chance to book, sign up, order
susan g
So, I made my own lead box and put it out at my son's preschool this morning along with survey slips I found on here and a big sign that says "Register to Win a Free Pampered Chef Cooking Show". This is an attempt to get bookings for my dying calendar and pretty much everyone will be a winner. The good news: a couple of people have already entered, the bad news: they marked no to the do you want to do a show question! Obviously, I am still going to call them and let them know they won but since they marked no, any suggestions on wording for this call? Thanks in advance! :confused:

I would just call them normally and tell them they won! They probably just checked no because for whatever reason they want to WIN one! Maybe they think if they say yes then it won't be free? Just call and congratulate the winners with your calendar in hand! Also- be sure to say "Congrats, you are ONE of the winners of the free cooking show with The Pampered Chef!" They probably know each other through their kids so they will know if someone else "won" too!

this may be a stupid question, but when you say free cooking show, does that mean you will buy the ingredients??

If they sound hesitant to book a show, you can give an added incentive. "And if you hold a qualifying (I'd say at least $500) show before the end of the school year (or whenever), I'll personally give you a pizza stone FREE."

So they've won twice - a free show and a product....

Amberd said:
this may be a stupid question, but when you say free cooking show, does that mean you will buy the ingredients??

Yes, I provide ingredients and paper products, they provide their home and the guests.

ok thanks, I'm new at this and I wasnt sure.

I'll even offer to send out the invitations too....so they save on postage. Then it's basically NO work for them!:)

ok this may be another stupid question, but like I said I'm new at this!! What does the lead box look like? how long will you leave it out, and are you going to give free parties to everyone that enters? or just one or two people? Then what do you do about the other people? call and try to get them to book?

I'm thinking about doing this too. Where do you put them?

I am almost embarassed to say, but I made the box from a shoebox with cutout pictures from old catalogs glued on and then cut an opening in the top (with the quikut paring knife!) . I got the basic idea from the lead boxes for sale at Merrill. I was planning to buy some of these but I am impatient and wanted to get some shows right away so I have temporarily made my own. I am leaving it out for about a week and will choose winners until I have at least booked my calendar through June. After the preschool, I am planning to move it to my daughter's gymnastics waiting room and then maybe a friend's restaurant. I will call everyone regardless and offer them the chance to book, sign up,order, or get my newsletter. Gillian had great advice: I called the girl who marked "no" and she was actually delighted to win and has booked a show for 3 weeks from now. I didn't get the other person yet but the way my calendar has looked lately, I am already thrilled with the results of the box.

which survey slips?
susan g said:
So, I made my own lead box and put it out at my son's preschool this morning along with survey slips I found on here and a big sign that says "Register to Win a Free Pampered Chef Cooking Show". This is an attempt to get bookings for my dying calendar and pretty much everyone will be a winner. The good news: a couple of people have already entered, the bad news: they marked no to the do you want to do a show question! Obviously, I am still going to call them and let them know they won but since they marked no, any suggestions on wording for this call? Thanks in advance! :confused:

you had said the survey slips you got off of here...which ones are they?

There are several similar versions in the files section titled fair prize drawing slips. I have used the ones attached, only I removed the "maybe" option so that people had to say yes or no.

Attachments

• fair%20prize%20drawing%20slip[1].doc
    29 KB · Views: 426
I'm new at this and one thing I decided to do for my first 4 shows. I told people if they were one of my first 4 shows that I would provide the food for the show as a way to say thank you for helping me get my business started.

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS send out the postcards for the person that gaurntees you know how many people actually recieved invitations to the show. Not just a ohh I talk to everyone about it you know for sure how many people are actually contacted. The postage is under 3 dollars and its well worth the trip to the post office. my FIRST show ever was 1000 dollar show and its all in thanks to sending out those postcards and knowing I would show up to good attendance.

Merrill also sells lead boxes.
I always do free cooking shows unless a host offers to buy the food.
Bobby

I bought a clear one from Office Max. I also print my own slips. I got them from here but will attach.

As far as invites, it depends on the host. I had a show over $1000 and she didn't send out a single invite. All word of mouth & outside orders. She had about 10 guests at the show. She is doing another one next month the same way.

Attachments

• Booth Drawing Slip-New.doc
    32 KB · Views: 469
i never thought about this.. i am going to do one tonight and getr them out there ASAP

I know this is an old thread, but as a newbie I was thinking of making a lead box. I was wanting to know from those of you who have done these, do you make the drawing slips into a pad? If not, how do you secure them so they don't get lost?

Fabulous idea! Definitely going to implement this one. I get one of those mini-sized clip boards and attach a pen to it for the drawing slips.

I'd call and tell them they won... why would they sign up to win a prize they're not interested in getting? Really, that doesn't make any sense! I think people just automatically sign no when you're asking them about things cause they don't want to be bothered or stalked. They probably didn't even read the question!

That is really cool-I love it! Thanks for sharing...I love doing booths but haven't quite found a good form yet.

stacywhitlow said:
I bought a clear one from Office Max. I also print my own slips. I got them from here but will attach.

As far as invites, it depends on the host. I had a show over $1000 and she didn't send out a single invite. All word of mouth & outside orders. She had about 10 guests at the show. She is doing another one next month the same way.

I forgot to say thank you for which form---LOL Sorry, I just happened to read this part of the thread that had the form...Have to give credit where credit is due. :blushing:

susan g said:
There are several similar versions in the files section titled fair prize drawing slips. I have used the ones attached, only I removed the "maybe" option so that people had to say yes or no.

Susan, did you get more leads than the original two with the box?

Maybe the wording should be different if you're 'drawing' to 'win' a free show. Instead of "Do you want to host a cooking show," how about "If you win the Free Cooking Show, in which month would you like it to be held?"

Then, perhaps, "If you don't win the Free Cooking Show, would you prefer to host your own Cooking Show, or hold a Catalog Show?"

This way, there's no 'yes, no, or maybe' involved!

Sarah

pampchefsarah said:
Susan, did you get more leads than the original two with the box?

Maybe the wording should be different if you're 'drawing' to 'win' a free show. Instead of "Do you want to host a cooking show," how about "If you win the Free Cooking Show, in which month would you like it to be held?"

Then, perhaps, "If you don't win the Free Cooking Show, would you prefer to host your own Cooking Show, or hold a Catalog Show?"

This way, there's no 'yes, no, or maybe' involved!

Sarah

Now see, I just love maybes! It makes them feel like they have an option-and I can almost always turn a maybe into a YES...if only given a yes or no-they almost always seem to answer no...

I do like the wording of "if you win the free cooking show, which month would you like it to be held?"

Tonite when I called everyone from a local festival, I told them all that I was calling everyone who signed up for the FREE cooking show and I was just letting them know all the promotions so that they would have first choice of the date that would work best for them and would give them the promotion that worked best for them. I got a dating for the week of the cookware promotion for this reason and some other very positive excited responses. I cannot wait till I "catch up" with everyone else.

1. How do I enter for a chance to win a free cooking show?

To enter for a chance to win a free cooking show, simply fill out the entry form on our website. You will need to provide your name, email address, and phone number. You can also enter by attending a Pampered Chef party and filling out an entry form at the event.

2. How will I know if I have won the free cooking show?

If you are chosen as the winner of the free cooking show, we will contact you via the email address or phone number you provided on the entry form. You will also be announced as the winner on our social media pages and website.

3. Can I choose the date and time for my cooking show if I win?

Yes, the winner of the free cooking show will have the opportunity to choose a date and time that works best for them. Our Pampered Chef consultants will work with you to find a suitable date and time for your cooking show.

4. Is there a limit to the number of people I can invite to my free cooking show?

No, there is no limit to the number of people you can invite to your free cooking show. We encourage you to invite as many friends and family members as you would like to make it a fun and interactive event.

5. What types of recipes will be featured in the free cooking show?

The recipes featured in the free cooking show will vary depending on the theme chosen by the winner. Our Pampered Chef consultants will work with you to create a menu that fits your preferences and dietary restrictions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ILOUANGOUDOM
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
janel kelly
  • sillylittlechef
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • milkangel