• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have You Tried Layered Prep Bowl Brownies for a Delicious Dessert?

In summary, the bridal shower guests will be treated to brownies in the wedding colors that are made in a microwave. The recipe is included.
laurichef
Gold Member
I am helping to plan a bridal shower for a close friend with my sister. We decided to use prep bowls as the favors. Instead of filling them with the usual chocolate or candy, we decided on "Brownie Treats for Two". Layered Brownie mix with a circular recipe card on the top printed in the wedding colors. We'll wrap them alternately in tulle and cellophane to dress up the tables.
After playing around with lots of recipes, I discovered one that is perfect for making 2 brownies (re-using the same prep bowl) to be topped with ice cream for the perfect brownie sundae.:love: Done in the microwave for that instant chocolate fix.
And they are delish!!

Attachments

• 100_0970.jpg
    100_0970.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 379
  • 100_0959.jpg
    100_0959.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 358
i love this idea! just a quick question do you give them 2 prep bowls or how do they get 2 brownies?? i haven't done a bridal show yet but i am going to keep this as an idea!!!

In the recipe, I say put half of batter in prep bowl and cook etc. Then repeat w/ remaining batter. The hard part was keeping from eating the raw batter!
I am thinking of doing this for teachers, etc, around the holidays.

Care to share your secret recipe? :D

I was trying to get it to fit in a template for the round cover, but I am getting frustrated. :confused::grumpy:
Here it is (not circular)...

Brownie Treats for Two
1 Egg white (or ½ beaten egg)
2 Tbsp softened butter or margarine
Layered Brownie mix:
¼ cup white sugar
2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp chopped pecans
2 Tbsp semisweet chocolate chips

Grease prep bowl.
In a medium bowl, cream butter or margarine. Add Brownie Mix and egg. Mix until smooth. Spread half of batter into prepared prep bowl and microwave 1 minute. Let stand (bowl will be hot) 1 minute. Invert onto plate.
Repeat with remaining batter.
Top with a scoop of ice cream
or whipped cream for
an indulgent
brownie sundae.​

How about cooking the whole amount at once, and calling it a "couples brownie dessert" (esp for the shower), or "Brownies to share" or something like that, so it is kind of like getting a dessert at a restaurant and splitting it... If it worked, it would simplify the cooking/cooling/repeat part!

Hmmm, but what to cook it in? It is too much batter to cook in the 1 cup prep bowl (and the 2 cup ones won't be here in time). Split in half works in the microwave, and it only takes 2 minutes or less in between.
Splitting the recipe does not fill the prep bowl as a dry mix -- nevermind using 1/4 egg, LOL.

oh i love it! i'm so borrowing this idea for gifts!!!

laurichef said:
Hmmm, but what to cook it in? It is too much batter to cook in the 1 cup prep bowl (and the 2 cup ones won't be here in time). Split in half works in the microwave, and it only takes 2 minutes or less in between.
Splitting the recipe does not fill the prep bowl as a dry mix -- nevermind using 1/4 egg, LOL.

Nevermind then - I thought it could maybe all fit in the prep bowl at once!

Thanks for the idea! I'm thinking Teacher gift for Christmas!

Ok, so couldn't you do these in the new 2 cup prep bowls? I realize it's too late now for your bridal shower, but wouldn't this work for the new bowls? And then they just split them down the middle and top with ice cream? I'm thinking this would work wonderfully for older couples (empty nesters) as well?? Great Idea!!!

1. How many servings does the Layered Prep Bowl Brownies recipe make?

The Layered Prep Bowl Brownies recipe makes 12 servings.

2. Can I use a different type of brownie mix for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any brand or type of brownie mix for this recipe.

3. Do I need to use a specific type of pan for the Layered Prep Bowl Brownies?

No, you can use any 9x13 inch baking pan for this recipe.

4. How long do I need to let the brownies cool before cutting and serving?

We recommend letting the brownies cool for at least 10-15 minutes before cutting and serving.

5. Can I add any additional toppings or mix-ins to the Layered Prep Bowl Brownies?

Absolutely! You can add nuts, chocolate chips, or any other mix-ins you desire to make the brownies even more delicious.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• akrebecca
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
akrebecca
Replies
Views
Grandmarita
  • LibrarianChef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies