1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Layered Prep Bowl Brownies

1. laurichef

laurichef Member Gold Member

I am helping to plan a bridal shower for a close friend with my sister. We decided to use prep bowls as the favors. Instead of filling them with the usual chocolate or candy, we decided on "Brownie Treats for Two". Layered Brownie mix with a circular recipe card on the top printed in the wedding colors. We'll wrap them alternately in tulle and cellophane to dress up the tables.
    After playing around with lots of recipes, I discovered one that is perfect for making 2 brownies (re-using the same prep bowl) to be topped with ice cream for the perfect brownie sundae.:love: Done in the microwave for that instant chocolate fix.
    And they are delish!!

Attached Files:

Jul 23, 2009
  2. pc_jessica

pc_jessica Advanced Member

i love this idea! just a quick question do you give them 2 prep bowls or how do they get 2 brownies?? i haven't done a bridal show yet but i am going to keep this as an idea!!!

Jul 23, 2009
  3. laurichef

In the recipe, I say put half of batter in prep bowl and cook etc. Then repeat w/ remaining batter. The hard part was keeping from eating the raw batter!
    I am thinking of doing this for teachers, etc, around the holidays.

Jul 23, 2009
  4. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Care to share your secret recipe? :D

Jul 23, 2009
  5. laurichef

I was trying to get it to fit in a template for the round cover, but I am getting frustrated. :confused::grumpy:
    Here it is (not circular)...

Brownie Treats for Two
    1 Egg white (or ½ beaten egg)
    2 Tbsp softened butter or margarine
    Layered Brownie mix:
    ¼ cup white sugar
    2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
    2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
    2 Tbsp chopped pecans
    2 Tbsp semisweet chocolate chips

Grease prep bowl.
    In a medium bowl, cream butter or margarine. Add Brownie Mix and egg. Mix until smooth. Spread half of batter into prepared prep bowl and microwave 1 minute. Let stand (bowl will be hot) 1 minute. Invert onto plate.
    Repeat with remaining batter.
    Top with a scoop of ice cream
    or whipped cream for
    an indulgent
    brownie sundae.​

Jul 23, 2009
  6. AnnieBee

AnnieBee Veteran Member Gold Member

How about cooking the whole amount at once, and calling it a "couples brownie dessert" (esp for the shower), or "Brownies to share" or something like that, so it is kind of like getting a dessert at a restaurant and splitting it... If it worked, it would simplify the cooking/cooling/repeat part!

Jul 23, 2009
  7. laurichef

Hmmm, but what to cook it in? It is too much batter to cook in the 1 cup prep bowl (and the 2 cup ones won't be here in time). Split in half works in the microwave, and it only takes 2 minutes or less in between.
    Splitting the recipe does not fill the prep bowl as a dry mix -- nevermind using 1/4 egg, LOL.

Jul 23, 2009
  8. pc_jessica

pc_jessica Advanced Member

oh i love it! i'm so borrowing this idea for gifts!!!

Jul 23, 2009
  9. AnnieBee

AnnieBee Veteran Member Gold Member

Nevermind then - I thought it could maybe all fit in the prep bowl at once!

Jul 24, 2009
  10. VeronicaW

VeronicaW Advanced Member Gold Member

Thanks for the idea! I'm thinking Teacher gift for Christmas!

Jul 24, 2009
  11. Nanisu

Nanisu Veteran Member Gold Member

Ok, so couldn't you do these in the new 2 cup prep bowls? I realize it's too late now for your bridal shower, but wouldn't this work for the new bowls? And then they just split them down the middle and top with ice cream? I'm thinking this would work wonderfully for older couples (empty nesters) as well?? Great Idea!!!

Jul 24, 2009
Have something to add?