• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lava Cake in the Rice Cooker: What Are the Missing Parts?

In summary, making lava cake in a rice cooker involves using a regular cake mix and half a can of frosting. The cake is cooked on the "cake" or "white rice" setting for about 30-40 minutes, with the lid on to ensure even cooking. After resting for 5 minutes, the cake is flipped onto a platter and served. Other tips include using any flavor of cake mix and frosting, and greasing the rice cooker before pouring in the batter.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I found a few threads about the lava cake in the rice cooker but I wanted to make sure I had it correct. I have a host who wants to pass the recipe onto her friend.

1 regular cake mix plus ingredients to make
1/2 can frosting

Mix cake in rice cooker. Dallop 1/2 can frosting on top. Cook for ??? minutes (I forgot what I read). Let rest for ??? minutes (I couldn't find this). Serve on platter large enough for "lava" to flow.

What are the parts I'm missing? Do you leave the lid on while cooking?

On the average microwave it is 9 mins. Longer for a smaller one. I've always left the lid on (however, if you do it in the batter bowl no lid needed).That's it!

Our old microwave took about 12 minutes (it was only 700 watts). Our new microwave takes about 8-9 minutes (somewhere around 1000 watts. I leave the lid on. I let it "set" for 10-15 minutes before turning it out onto a plate. I use the Simple Additions medium square for the plate.

Thanks! I'll pass this on!

Hi there! I'm glad you found some information about making lava cake in a rice cooker. It's definitely a fun and unique way to make this delicious dessert. Here are some tips to make sure your lava cake turns out perfectly:1. You're correct, you will need 1 regular cake mix and the ingredients listed on the box to make the cake batter. You can use any flavor you like, but chocolate is a popular choice for lava cake.2. As for the frosting, you can use any flavor you like as well. Half a can should be enough for one cake, but feel free to add more if you like a lot of frosting.3. To make the cake, mix the cake batter according to the instructions on the box. Then, pour the batter into the rice cooker. Make sure to grease the inside of the rice cooker with cooking spray or butter before pouring in the batter.4. Once the batter is in the rice cooker, dollop the frosting on top. You can swirl it into the batter a little bit, but don't mix it completely.5. Cook the cake in the rice cooker on the "cake" setting, if your rice cooker has one. If not, you can cook it on the "white rice" setting for about 30-40 minutes. It's important to keep an eye on the cake and check it periodically, as the cooking time may vary depending on your rice cooker.6. When the cake is done, let it rest in the rice cooker for about 5 minutes. Then, carefully flip it onto a large platter. The "lava" should flow out and create a beautiful presentation.7. As for the lid, it's best to leave it on while cooking to ensure the cake cooks evenly. But if your rice cooker doesn't have a cake setting and you need to use the "white rice" setting, you can leave the lid slightly ajar to allow some steam to escape.I hope this helps and your host's friend enjoys the delicious lava cake! Let me know if you have any other questions. Happy cooking!

1. What are the missing parts needed to make Lava Cake in the Rice Cooker?

The missing parts needed to make Lava Cake in the Rice Cooker are the rice cooker, a mixing bowl, measuring cups and spoons, a rubber spatula, and the ingredients for the cake.

2. Can any type of rice cooker be used to make Lava Cake?

Yes, any type of rice cooker can be used as long as it has a "cook" function and a non-stick inner pot. Make sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions for your specific rice cooker model.

3. Is it necessary to use a specific type of cake mix for the Lava Cake?

No, any type of cake mix can be used for Lava Cake in the Rice Cooker. However, it is recommended to use a chocolate or devil's food cake mix for the best results.

4. How long does it take to make Lava Cake in the Rice Cooker?

The total cooking time for Lava Cake in the Rice Cooker is approximately 50 minutes, including prep time and cook time.

5. Can the Lava Cake be made in advance and reheated in the rice cooker?

Yes, the Lava Cake can be made in advance and reheated in the rice cooker. Just make sure to wrap the cake in foil before reheating to avoid drying it out.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lisa717
Replies
Views
D Levad
  • PamperedchefDaly
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg