• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Lava Cake Recipe - Can Someone Share?

In summary, The Lava Cake Recipe for the DCB or Rice Cooker Plus can be found in the files section listed under their product name. For the DCB, mix up chocolate cake mix according to directions, pour into the DCB, and top with chocolate frosting. Microwave for 12 minutes and let stand for 15 minutes before serving. For the Rice Cooker Plus, mix together cake mix and ingredients, add 2/3 of chocolate frosting, and microwave for 8-10 minutes. Serve by turning it over onto a dish with sides. Optional additions include peanut butter and using a whisk to mix the ingredients in the DCB. When using the rice cooker, the cake can be turned out immediately.
PC Nut
Can someone post the Lava Cake Recipe for me please. I can't seem to find it. TIA!

For the DCB or the Rice Cooker Plus? The recipes are in the files section listed under their product name.For the DCB:Mix up chocolate cake mix according to directions (use a whisk instead of a mixer though.)
Pour into DCB. (I spritz my DCB with oil still, not sure if everyone else does that or not.)
Use the medium scoop to put dollops of a can of Chocolate Frosting over the top of the batter. Don't use the whole can, maybe 2/3 of it or so.
Put the lid on the DCB and microwave for 12 minutes.
Take it out of the microwave and remove lid.
Let it stand for 15 minutes or so before serving. I serve it in the DCB, but you can flip it out onto a platter. I also add 1 cup of creamy peanut butter (dollops that go in between the chocolate frosting dollops.) LOVE IT!! :D

Thanks Amanda!

the files section on here or on the PC website?

Molten Chocolate Lava Cake

One box of chocolate cake mix
ingredients to make the chocolate cake (from the back of the box)
One can of chocolate frosting (not “whipped”!)

1. Empty cake mix and cake mix ingredients into Rice Cooker Plus and mix together.
2. Add 2/3 of the can of frosting with Small Scoop. Better results are achieved by keeping the frosting away from the edges.
3. Microwave for about 8-10 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Cake will also pull away slightly from the sides of the pan when done.
Microwave time may vary.

**You can use any kind of cake mix and frosting, but chocolate is my favorite!

You can also use creamy peanut buter and chocolate frosting equal amounts
OMG it is so good

BE SURE TO TURN IT OVER ON A DISH THAT IS NOT FLAT BUT HAS SIDES SO IT DOESN'T SPILL OVER

PC Nut said:
the files section on here or on the PC website?

The files section here. If you type in Rice Cooker Plus, a few documents should come up. Same thing if you put in "Deep Covered Baker".

babywings76 said:
For the DCB or the Rice Cooker Plus? The recipes are in the files section listed under their product name.

For the DCB:

Mix up chocolate cake mix according to directions (use a whisk instead of a mixer though.)
Pour into DCB. (I spritz my DCB with oil still, not sure if everyone else does that or not.)
Use the medium scoop to put dollops of a can of Chocolate Frosting over the top of the batter. Don't use the whole can, maybe 2/3 of it or so.
Put the lid on the DCB and microwave for 12 minutes.
Take it out of the microwave and remove lid.
Let it stand for 15 minutes or so before serving.

I serve it in the DCB, but you can flip it out onto a platter. I also add 1 cup of creamy peanut butter (dollops that go in between the chocolate frosting dollops.) LOVE IT!! :D

I whisk the oil eggs water in DCB and whisk in cake mix...right in the DCB. One step faster and one less bowl to wash!

ChefCKHall said:
I whisk the oil eggs water in DCB and whisk in cake mix...right in the DCB. One step faster and one less bowl to wash!

I've been tempted to do that, but I kind of like showing off the SS mixing bowls. :D I guess if I already use them in my demo I could skip using them. But doesn't the DCB get all messy on the sides from the whisking? I might just be weird, but for me it's easier to whisk in a round bowl. :blushing: ;)

when you use the rice cooker, how long do you wait before turning it out?

Chef_RuthAnn said:
when you use the rice cooker, how long do you wait before turning it out?

I do it immediately

1. What ingredients do I need to make a lava cake?

The ingredients you will need are butter, chocolate chips, eggs, sugar, flour, and vanilla extract.

2. Can I use a different type of chocolate instead of chocolate chips?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate that you prefer, such as chopped chocolate bars or baking chocolate. Just make sure to use the same amount of chocolate as the recipe calls for.

3. Do I need any special equipment to make a lava cake?

You will need ramekins or small oven-safe bowls to bake the lava cakes in. A hand mixer or stand mixer can also be helpful for mixing the batter, but it can also be done by hand with a whisk.

4. How do I know when the lava cakes are done baking?

The edges of the cakes should be set and the center should be slightly jiggly. You can also insert a toothpick into the center of the cake - if it comes out with moist crumbs, the cakes are done.

5. Can I make the lava cake batter ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the batter up to 24 hours in advance and store it in the refrigerator. Just make sure to let it come to room temperature before baking. The baked cakes can also be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days and reheated in the microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ilovpc
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Kathy's_Kitchen
  • Chef Mary Rose
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
mombird4
  • nikifarley