• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fluted Pan Lava Cake Recipe: Perfect for Small Microwaves!

In summary, making a Lava Cake in a Fluted Pan is easy by following the provided recipe. Any type of cake mix can be used, but baking times and resulting texture may vary. The main difference between a Lava Cake and a Molten Cake is the filling. To prevent sticking, grease the pan or dust with cocoa powder or flour. Lava Cakes can be made ahead of time and reheated before serving.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
Has anyone done the lava cake in the fluted pan? I have a host's microwave who won't fit the DCB but usually the fluted pan isn't a problem. I figured I would still feature the stoneware this way.

Yes, I ran into that issue last summer when we were camping. The microwave in my in-laws RV was too small for the DCB, The cake cooked about 2 minutes faster I noticed, but I impressed the whole family with the lava cake nonetheless. Bonus, is that I flipped it out onto the round platter and the fluted pan make a very pretty cake. I use either pan to make a lava cake.

yes, i love doing them in the fluted pan!

I figured it would work but thought I would ask. Thanks!!

Hi there! Yes, I have made the lava cake in the fluted pan and it turned out great! The stoneware really helps evenly distribute the heat and create a perfect lava cake. I'm glad you found a solution for your host's microwave. Happy cooking!

1. How do I make a Lava Cake in a Fluted Pan?

Making a Lava Cake in a Fluted Pan is easy! Simply follow the recipe provided by Pampered Chef for the perfect ratio of ingredients. Grease the pan with cooking spray, pour the batter into the fluted pan, and bake according to the instructions. Once done, let it cool for a few minutes before flipping it onto a serving dish.

2. Can I use any type of cake mix for a Lava Cake in a Fluted Pan?

Yes, you can use any type of cake mix for a Lava Cake in a Fluted Pan. However, keep in mind that different cake mixes may have different baking times and may result in a slightly different texture and taste.

3. What is the difference between a Lava Cake and a Molten Cake?

The main difference between a Lava Cake and a Molten Cake is the filling. Lava Cakes have a gooey chocolate center, while Molten Cakes have a liquid chocolate center. The rest of the ingredients and baking process are usually similar.

4. How do I prevent my Lava Cake from sticking to the pan?

The best way to prevent your Lava Cake from sticking to the pan is to thoroughly grease the fluted pan with cooking spray or butter before pouring in the batter. You can also dust the pan with cocoa powder or flour to create a barrier between the cake and the pan.

5. Can I make a Lava Cake in a Fluted Pan ahead of time?

Yes, you can make a Lava Cake in a Fluted Pan ahead of time. Simply follow the recipe and bake the cake according to the instructions. Once done, let it cool completely before covering and storing it in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, reheat the cake in the microwave or oven until warm and gooey.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• frozenchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • ms_twana
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
lindseystar
  • chefkacey