• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lava Cake Mishap: Don't Try This at Home!

In summary, the Lava Cake Mishap is a recipe that involves microwaving a cake mix and a can of soda to create a lava cake. However, this method can be dangerous as the cake can explode in the microwave. It is not recommended to try this at home due to safety reasons. To make a safer lava cake, it is important to follow the instructions carefully and use the exact ingredients listed in the recipe. There are also many other safe and easy ways to make a lava cake at home, such as using the oven or a slow cooker. If a cake does explode in the microwave, it is important to turn off and unplug the microwave and let the cake cool down before removing it and cleaning the microwave thoroughly. When
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
Or ... don't try this at home!

I made my lava cake ... had it cooking for 8 to 10 minutes. I decided to let it sit for 10 minutes while I talked to a friend.

I did check it and it wasn't "done" but I figured ... duh .. lava cake and dumped it on a plate.

There was "lava" everywhere! I quickly put it back in the cooker and used the mega scraper to scrape the mess off the counter.

I had to cook it for about 5 more minutes.

Why did i think I'd get a cake done in 10 minutes when it took at least 12 with my fluted stone and a microwave 300 watts stronger!

That sounds like something I would do. :) Completely! Only I probably would have walked away to take care of my kids in the living room and totally not seen the cake ooze off the plate...and then I would have returned to find an even bigger mess waiting for me. :) Thank goodness it didn't happen at a show, right?

Sorry that happened to you!

Thank goodness it didn't happen at a show, right?

That's exactly what I was thinking!

And the cake WAS pulling away from the sides, so I remembered my fluted pan experience and thought that meant it was done.

It could have been worse!! I had a micro-cake EXPLODE:eek: in a host's microwave when I first started!!

1. What is the Lava Cake Mishap and why shouldn't we try it at home?

The Lava Cake Mishap is a recipe that involves microwaving a cake mix and a can of soda to create a lava cake. However, this method can be dangerous as the cake can explode in the microwave. We do not recommend trying this at home for safety reasons.

2. Can I use any type of cake mix and soda for this recipe?

While some recipes may call for specific types of cake mix and soda, it is important to follow the instructions carefully to avoid any potential mishaps. We recommend using the exact ingredients listed in the recipe for best results.

3. Is there a safer way to make a lava cake at home?

Yes, there are many safe and easy ways to make a delicious lava cake at home. Our website and cooking consultants offer a variety of lava cake recipes that can be made in the oven or using a slow cooker.

4. What should I do if my cake does explode in the microwave?

If your cake explodes in the microwave, it is important to turn off the microwave and unplug it immediately. Let the cake cool down before carefully removing it from the microwave. Make sure to clean the microwave thoroughly before using it again.

5. Are there any other safety tips I should be aware of when cooking with the microwave?

Yes, always read and follow the instructions on any recipe carefully. Make sure your containers and utensils are microwave-safe and do not use metal objects. It is also important to never leave the microwave unattended while it is in use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefnene
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Rhonda-Roo
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies