• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with Complaints of High Prices: Seeking Advice & Help

In Summary, those who are complaining that prices of PC products are too high may be encountering difficulty obtaining the products they want. The quality of the products justifies the prices, according to some of the customers who have experienced PC products. Catalogues are a great way to distribute information about PC products, and can be used to attract potential customers.
Chef Rose
Lately, I have been encountering individuals who keep complaining that the prices of the PC products are too high, too expensive. Have any of you encountered this?, and how would you deal with it? What would you say to these people? I'm trying to hand out catalogs to generate some orders, but so far no luck. Help.

I know there is some statistic out there, but I can't think of it off the top of my head. Something like 60-70% of our products are under $10 or something like that. Plus we have things as inexpensive as .75 and $1.25. You also have to encourage them to look at the warranty. Many of the more expensive items have at least a 3 year guarantee and some are a lifetime guarantee. We have all kinds of different price points. I really try to stress the QUALITY. Sure, people can buy $2 or $3 Rubbermaid spatulas, but they'll end up replacing them within a year if they're using them pretty often. Our Classic Scraper may be $10, but it'll last a LOT longer than the Rubbermaid one AND it won't crack, bend or peel. PLUS they have a 3 year guarantee and you definitely won't find that with the Rubbermaid kind.

Those are at least SOME of the points I've stressed to people.

Yes, I do encounter this sometimes. More so when I first started (in March). Just remember, for the quality and warranty alone PC is worth the price! Also something to think about....you can't buy a veggie peeler (or whatever) from the dollar store and then get a brand new one 11 months later if it breaks (or return it within 30 days and get your money back if you decide you don't like it!) PC really stands behind their products, the products really are amazing! If you truly belive in them it really shows through to your customers. As for your catalogues, I would tuck a copy of this list into each one (then just change the title after the holidays). Marg posted it here the other day and I think it's great! :D

Good Luck!
Kelly

Attachments

• stockingstuffers.doc
    41 KB · Views: 498
This is what I do....I turn it into a booking or recruiting opportunity!

... " I did not want to pay full price for everything so I decided to start my own business!"

... "I don't blame you one bit by not wanting to pay full price for that product. I can help you get it for free by simply having a few friends over!"

And you know what? Normally I will say that during my show... If your pocket book says no, book a show. Hosts never pay full price for anything!

Good Luck!

Laurie

Check out the $15-$20 List thread. There are over 110 items under $15 - and a variety of things - not just the nylon scrapers and cake testers. You can use this in your demos to counter those who say PC is too expensive, and you can use this for bookings - Hosts NEVER pay full price for anything!

Last edited:
laad said:
I turn it into a booking or recruiting opportunity!

Laurie
I do the same thing I say something like well thats why you would hold a show of your own and get most of those products for free and at a discount.

When people tell me that PC product are very expensif I tell then that they have to consider it as an investment specialy the stone and the pots and pans as for other stuff I think the quality can justify some of the prices, but 70 % of the catalog is under $20!. An as one of my custumer said (she didn't know about PC at all) she was impress by the warrenty! Where can you find a placee that will warranty there product for one year she said? she tough that juste for the warranty it was a very good deal!!

thank youThank you all for your input. I just need to word things right to persuade the individual. You are all great. l love this site.

1. How can I address a customer's complaint about high prices?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, the first step in addressing a customer's complaint about high prices is to listen to their concerns and validate their feelings. Then, explain the value and benefits of our products, such as their high-quality materials and lifetime guarantee. You can also offer alternative options or discounts to help them feel more comfortable with the price.

2. What should I do if a customer is unhappy with the price of a specific product?

If a customer is unhappy with the price of a specific product, you can suggest other similar products at a lower price point or explain the reasons for the higher price, such as unique features or ingredients. You can also offer a discount or promotion to help them feel more satisfied with the price.

3. How do I handle a customer who is adamant about our products being overpriced?

If a customer is insistent that our products are overpriced, it's important to remain calm and professional. You can explain the quality and value of our products and offer to show them reviews or testimonials from satisfied customers. If they are still not convinced, you can apologize for their dissatisfaction and offer a refund or exchange if possible.

4. What if a customer wants to negotiate the price of a product?

If a customer wants to negotiate the price of a product, it's important to remain respectful and polite. You can explain that our prices are set by the company and cannot be negotiated, but offer alternative options or discounts to help them feel more satisfied with their purchase.

5. How do I handle a customer who complains about the overall high prices of Pampered Chef products?

If a customer complains about the overall high prices of Pampered Chef products, you can explain the quality and benefits of our products and offer to show them comparisons to similar products from other companies. You can also offer alternative options or discounts to help them feel more comfortable with the prices. It's important to remain understanding and empathetic to their concerns while also promoting the value of our products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pjpamchef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PampChefJoy
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Chef Gilles