• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dishwasher Safety of Quick Stir Pitcher: Success or Disaster?

In summary, the quick stir pitcher that was out before this spring was dishwasher safe, but it melted when someone else put it in. However, the pitcher itself did not change, just the plunger part. Back in the 90's, I had one of each size and my step-sister ruined them in the dishwasher. I bought replacements & never put them back in the dishwasher again. The new one is safe at higher temps so the hot tea would work in that one - that's why they changed it.
DeeDee616
The quick stir pitcher that was out before htis spring...was it dish washer safe? I have someone that put it in and it melted. Yet someone else puts theirs in all the time with out a problem. Let me know Thanks!

It was dishwasher safe. I only put the lid and plunger on the top rack, though.

And the pitcher itself did not change, just the plunger part.

Back in the 90's, I had one of each size and my step-sister ruined them in the dishwasher. She melted both lids and warped the large one out of shape. I bought replacements & never put them back in the dishwasher again.

It depends how hot your water runs. If you set your thermostat on your hot water heater too high, it will melt. My mom melted two of hers before we figured this out - she reset her high temp on her hot water heater and never melted it again. I have always washed mine in the dishwasher and never had a problem.

just melted the bottom of my pitcher a few days ago. I knew it would happen. I usually hand wash. Good info on the water heater. Ours is set pretty high, so that's probably what happened. It's just warped and the lid/plunger still fits. I didn't totally melt it.No biggie, though. I have several pitchers. LOL

My daughter made sweet tea in my old QSP and it cracked from the hot tea. I was bummed. At least I ordered the newer ones as samples last fall, and they are put away with my kit. From now on, I have several items that are show only!!

shelly.nurse said:
My daughter made sweet tea in my old QSP and it cracked from the hot tea. I was bummed. At least I ordered the newer ones as samples last fall, and they are put away with my kit. From now on, I have several items that are show only!!

The new one is safe at higher temps so the hot tea would work in that one - that's why they changed it. Take it out and use it for your tea!

I had a customer who put hers in the dishwasher and the same thing happened. It was still under warranty and TPC replaced it.

What is the Quick Stir Pitcher made of?

The Quick Stir Pitcher is made of FDA-approved, BPA-free plastic. This ensures that it is safe for use in the dishwasher and will not leach harmful chemicals into your food or drinks.

Can I put the Quick Stir Pitcher in the dishwasher?

Yes, the Quick Stir Pitcher is safe to put in the dishwasher. However, we recommend placing it on the top rack to avoid potential damage from high heat or strong water jets.

Is it safe to use the Quick Stir Pitcher in the microwave?

No, the Quick Stir Pitcher should not be used in the microwave. It is not designed to withstand high heat and may warp or melt if exposed to microwave radiation.

How do I clean the Quick Stir Pitcher?

The Quick Stir Pitcher is dishwasher safe, but it can also be easily cleaned by hand with warm soapy water. Be sure to rinse it thoroughly and dry it completely before storing.

Are there any precautions I should take when using the Quick Stir Pitcher in the dishwasher?

Yes, we recommend placing the Quick Stir Pitcher on the top rack of the dishwasher and avoiding using harsh dishwasher detergents or high heat settings. This will help prolong the life of the pitcher and ensure it continues to function properly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennifer Hunsucker
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • RCKmom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Tonyphel00
Replies